Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 09/03/13 18z ----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

There you go folks.... So much for the troll!! Latest bbc forecast- occasional snow showers tonight, with the odd cm here n there!! Tomorrow- mostly cloudy and dry. Do we all love easterlies so much!! Hmm not so sure now.

Posted

There you go folks.... So much for the troll!! Latest bbc forecast- occasional snow showers tonight, with the odd cm here n there!! Tomorrow- mostly cloudy and dry. Do we all love easterlies so much!! Hmm not so sure now.

Yorkshire & Humber

Headline:

Cold with snow showers, and a biting easterly wind.

This Evening and Tonight:

Snow showers will continue throughout the night with accumulations increasingly likely, especially over eastern facing high ground. It will feel exceptionally cold in the brisk easterly wind, with ice an additional hazard. Minimum Temperature -4 °C.

Monday:

Further snow showers, tending to form in bands. Some bright and sunny spells are likely between the showers but the northeasterly wind maintaining the very cold feel throughout. Maximum Temperature 1 °C.

Read again mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A relatively dry slot is slowly sinking southwards so there is likely to be a period of a few hours when we don't see many showers (later the further south you are) before the zone showers that affected eastern Scotland today heads south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

As far as I have seen nobody has been predicting our region to be buried in snow just some shower activity some of it heavy that could produce a few centimetres here and there.

Some hysteria coming from the usual suspect tonight!

The windchill and depth of cold is the bigger story in my opinion with almost unprecedented cold for so late in the season.

Anyway we shall see. I think there could be a few surprises snow wise for some during tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by Kentish Snowman

Posted

Wow just looked outside and missed it all but everything is white

Yeh same here. Didn't here anything on the conservatory roof.

The snow is extremely granular and blowing arond like confetti in the bitter wind on the patio

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

How much cm's are people predicting for Leeds?

Radars not looking that good at the moment :(

Posted

How much cm's are people predicting for Leeds?

Radars not looking that good at the moment sad.png

Nothing personally!!!!

Posted

Quite large flakes blowing about in the wind here at the moment. Currently we have a dusting on the grass/fence etc but nothing on the roads or paths yet.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

We haven't much hope of any Snow with winds from many other directions. rolleyes.gif

Posted

Will certain people please stop saying ignore the troll!! I Knw my meteorological stuff! Right now the North Sea is not producing much! Stop hope casting.

listen buddy, i'm a qualified meteologist, cut the horse s..t out, you're impressing no one.... Ooh, hang on, prehaps your right! Could you go and take your next dose of uphoria and run the forum for us?

Posted

Nothing personally!!!!

Yep it's not looking good, with the way the radar is at the moment it looks like the whole eastern side of the UK will struggle to get any appreciable accumulations. Still plenty of time for the radar to pop up though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

A relatively dry slot is slowly sinking southwards so there is likely to be a period of a few hours when we don't see many showers (later the further south you are) before the zone showers that affected eastern Scotland today heads south.

HI TWS,

im still learning but from this link scrollong quickly between say 3pm this afternoon and to the present time, i see high clouds racing west to east over our region and at the same time drifting slowly south..... is this indicative of the dry layer you are referring to?

i also notice the endless train of showers being developed between denmark and norway ( norwegian sea i think ) are developing higher cloud tops now... is this it correct to think these will be penetrating our region overnight ?

sos forgot topost the link http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Edited by bryan629

Posted

I think there was something wrong with the rain today radar, seems strange how on 6:15 all the precipitation across the UK simultaneously became light, then on 7:30 became heavy again. The snow shower I had about an hour ago was a lot heavier than shown on the radar!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

HI TWS,

im still learning but from this link scrollong quickly between say 3pm this afternoon and to the present time, i see high clouds racing west to east over our region and at the same time drifting slowly south..... is this indicative of the dry layer you are referring to?

Looking at the link what you are referring to is the jet-stream. The clouds you are seeing are jet-streaks that show where the jet-stream is. I am pretty certain I am right on this, however, if I am wrong, I am sure someone on here will put me right good.gif

I think there was something wrong with the rain today radar, seems strange how on 6:15 all the precipitation across the UK simultaneously became light, then on 7:30 became heavy again. The snow shower I had about an hour ago was a lot heavier than shown on the radar!

HI HC,

Don't know about Rain Today but NW radar is still showing a steady stream of moderate showers coming in from the coast and this ties-in nicely with what I am seeing out of my window.

Keep the faith!

Muff

Posted

Yep it's not looking good, with the way the radar is at the moment it looks like the whole eastern side of the UK will struggle to get any appreciable accumulations. Still plenty of time for the radar to pop up though.

Needs to pop up a bit though, as normal looks good then fizzles out

Can't believe we have all got over excited over a bit of snow!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Needs to pop up a bit though, as normal looks good then fizzles out

Can't believe we have all got over excited over a bit of snow!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, its frustrating wacthing the radar waiting for something to happen then 3 hours later..... Yep the showers are still just light and scattered lol.

I just hope it snows tonight so I don't have to work tommorow :)

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Yep, its frustrating wacthing the radar waiting for something to happen then 3 hours later..... Yep the showers are still just light and scattered lol.

I just hope it snows tonight so I don't have to work tommorow smile.png

Working from home so not that bothered!!

Might have to help the missus get the kids to school if we are buried lol!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

cant beleive its so quiet in the mod thread... must be squeeky bum time for the southerners lol....

Posted

I just hope it snows tonight so I don't have to work tommorow smile.png

Jed - check the radar mate. the echoes suddenly seem a lot brighter....!biggrin.png