Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring Model Discussion 17/3/13 6PM onwards....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

No it hasn't

13032212_2012.gif

Looks the same

Again, that's the 12z. The precipitype updates frame by frame after the accumulation which updates straight away.

Posted

Eh?

13032212_2_2012.jpg

Reaches Scotland easily.

The rain/snow chart have not updated yet. Only the accumulated rain. The band will be around 50 miles further southwest on the updated charts.

Edited by Matty M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

bare in mind that, that is the 12z NAE ppn type charts Gav

Just realized saw the Wed 18GMT but didn't look at the charts

oops.gif

Posted

My word how does it do that!!last 2 runs take the precipitation north and then BANG decides to take it south again!!whats wrong with the nae!!

Posted

18z further northeast dragging the mild uppers across the Midlands, darn, NAE further southwest, all very confusing and frustrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

The rain/snow chart have not updated yet. Only the accumulated rain. The band will be around 50 miles further southwest on the updated charts.

Which probably means the front is taking longer to progress.Not that that is its northern/eastern extentgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

When do the fax charts get updated?

11pm ish i think.

Posted

The GFS has pushed the PPN further NE again, a consistent trend since yesterday's 18Z blip.

For now I will discount the NAE on the bases that more runs are needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Haha this last page is hilarious !! About 10 people made the same mistake lol!! Regarding the gfs moving north and nae moving south , the met don't even look at the gfs hi res , they wil follow nae and there own models, I know which one i believe . . . . The one showing snow further south !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

In summary: latest modified NAE has snow threat approx N Essex across to Hereford and northwards. Sorry, gotta dash for now.

Wait, you can't just shift the entire band 100 miles south and then just leave?!

rofl.gif

Clearly a fluid situation here, I'd give it until the 12Zs tomorrow to be honest before we really firm up on anything given the current range of outcomes, multiple bands etc.

Posted

Nothing wrong with the gfs!!infact its just an absolute snowfest from lets say just north of the m4 northwards from friday morning!!seriously starting to get worried now that this could be a really bad snowstorm!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

for somebody that is about to get drenched for 72 hours,with not a sniff of a snow flake, it sure is entertaining watching you lot flap

looking a very interesting couple of days for those further North.

Posted

No, i dont have any verification stats but this winter (yes i know it's technically Spring now) GFS has been more accurate than NAE in the 24-36 hour timeframe.

T60 which is where the main action is sees the front already around 50 /100 miles SW than the 12z-

THe snow line has come back towards Bristol & along to London but because of the course gridpoint hanst pulled much PPN out of the extreme North & NE, but the shift is there.

People are getting confused with 2 seperate event that are both linked- the 24-48 hour event is highly focussed on the NW & central midlands Etc, when a secondary pulse running up from the SW meets the cold air digging South- this is when the whole lot pivots & stalls out in a line from London out to North wales-

That line is south of Ians line & I expect it to be further still tomorrow.

S

Posted

Which probably means the front is taking longer to progress.Not that that is its northern/eastern extentgood.gif

I don't think so, i think it's showing the northern extent retreating south. GFS is actually showing the front slightly further south although initially it may not look it.

Anyway the 00z will be much more decisive.

Posted

Wait, you can't just shift the entire band 100 miles south and then just leave?!

rofl.gif

Clearly a fluid situation here, I'd give it until the 12Zs tomorrow to be honest before we really firm up on anything given the current range of outcomes, multiple bands etc.

V simIlar to last run amalgamated with GM and latest EC areal snow prob v similar including into SW Midlands. However key concern further N over central areas. Cheers... off now.

Posted

T60 which is where the main action is sees the front already around 50 /100 miles SW than the 12z-

THe snow line has come back towards Bristol & along to London but because of the course gridpoint hanst pulled much PPN out of the extreme North & NE, but the shift is there.

People are getting confused with 2 seperate event that are both linked- the 24-48 hour event is highly focussed on the NW & central midlands Etc, when a secondary pulse running up from the SW meets the cold air digging South- this is when the whole lot pivots & stalls out in a line from London out to North wales-

That line is south of Ians line & I expect it to be further still tomorrow.

S

Do I understand that the Friday snow event won't affect us in the SE corner but that the later event Saturday will, or have I got that wrong ( sorry charts are still a bit of an enigma to me )