Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 17th March 2013 18:30>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Warnings upgraded to Amber now for tomorrow for large parts of Scotland.

http://www.metoffice...nings/#?tab=map

Edit: Ross B - too quick wink.png

Haha been trying for ages to get in but the warnings page is a nightmare to load!

Posted

That's more like it 25cm in March would be impressive!!

You're in a good position for a large total.

Posted

I'm liking that amber warning. Being positioned at the extreme eastern edge of north Lanarkshire and being 200m ASL I feel I should have a good chance at seeing something special. Sorry for the selfish point of view but I can't wait until tomorrow, that's if I even get home from work at 4am tomorrow.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

NAE 6z ppn accumulation first is 6 tonight and the other is the end of the run to show what NAE think we will get

post-18233-0-68354100-1363610377_thumb.gpost-18233-0-78008300-1363610390_thumb.g

Posted

Love it.

MO is showing heavy snow in Dundee from 18:00 till 09:00 tomorrow. Then light snow for the rat of the day.

Posted

snow accumulation chart for end of run looks impressive for eastern areas

post-18233-0-79696800-1363610566_thumb.g

Posted

does anyone on here the now have access to the skew charts for later

I'm liking that amber warning. Being positioned at the extreme eastern edge of north Lanarkshire and being 200m ASL I feel I should have a good chance at seeing something special. Sorry for the selfish point of view but I can't wait until tomorrow, that's if I even get home from work at 4am tomorrow.

I'm slap bang in the middle of the amber warning at 220m. If we don't have a chance then other people at lower levels are even more lost. Nothing selfish there ruzzi, although maybe I'm being selfish too?! I'm hoping I don't get to work tomorrow, I've got a 2pm start....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Looks like glasgow will miss out again. Oh well enjoy it again u eastern folk ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

does anyone on here the now have access to the skew charts for later

I'll dig them out later, but it's mostly frontal up to tomorrow afternoon so somewhat different situation with skew-ts less critical. Precip will come, just a q. of how much and will it be snow and will it lie. (first one is a lot for eastern areas, second one is yes for vast majority and third is hardest to judge, esp. in terms of depths).

Posted

Miserable out there - a rain/snow mix in a raw 23mph mean easterly wind. 3c/0c.

Posted

Looks like glasgow will miss out again. Oh well enjoy it again u eastern folk tease.gif

Glasgow is still within the yellow warning area so you never know! Motherwell just creeps into the edge of the orange area.

A few smallish flakes falling here in East Kilbride within the last half an hour or so.

Posted

I'll dig them out later, but it's mostly frontal up to tomorrow afternoon so somewhat different situation with skew-ts less critical. Precip will come, just a q. of how much and will it be snow and will it lie. (first one is a lot for eastern areas, second one is yes for vast majority and third is hardest to judge, esp. in terms of depths).

Care to make a prediction for Crail, LS? - I won't hold you to it ;-)

Posted

it was just when i heard the forecast while i was doing the dishes i heard showers must have been tomorrow or something lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Turned to snow here this morning but not settling on the ground, not even the grass at this stage because its not heavy or persistent enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Care to make a prediction for Crail, LS? - I won't hold you to it ;-)

A cm cover this evening, slushy in the early hours but ending up with an inch or so by tomorrow evening. Certainly could end up with nothing though or even a few inches depending on how the overnight period goes.

Proper snow on now, all surfaces turning white. I'm off to work, if I'm not back by about 11pm I'm either stuck in a snowdrift or sitting in the house with no electricity.

Posted

Glasgow is still within the yellow warning area so you never know! Motherwell just creeps into the edge of the orange area.

A few smallish flakes falling here in East Kilbride within the last half an hour or so.

there should be some snow making its way through there as the winds have to pick up later so should help blow some over west

Posted

it was just when i heard the forecast while i was doing the dishes i heard showers must have been tomorrow or something lol

It's a bit of a mess really, lots of occlusions but also some convection which is beefing up the fronts.

Posted
A cm cover this evening, slushy in the early hours but ending up with an inch or so by tomorrow evening. Certainly could end up with nothing though or even a few inches depending on how the overnight period goes.

Cheers LS - seems very reasonable to me. An inch would be the heaviest fall since Dec 2010. Will keep you posted!

Posted

It's a bit of a mess really, lots of occlusions but also some convection which is beefing up the fronts.

aslong as it delivers big for here for a change anything will do

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Blowing light snow here in Embra city-centre but no intensity to it. But baltic outside though... and as things stand if it got its act together I'd be expecting further snow rather than sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Still a very sleety rain here in Alloa, temperature certainly feels like it has dropped further? Just seen the amber warnings, exciting stuff!