Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted

Met O have snowmaggeddon for everywhere around here tomorrow, Oswestry, Telford... We have rain and sleet until the evening

Hope his ends further south than expected, and Shrewsbury rises up altitude wise haha!!!

All winter us shrews folk have done well in the marginal event, against the norm. Is it greedy to ask for 1 more event!?

Posted

I didn't see that. Working away in Somerset. Driving back to Kettering Fri Eve. Were Look East talking about snow for the early hours Fri morning, or Saturday morning?

looks like Friday night into Saturday Morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Not according to the Meto. I'm down for Light snow at Midnight, 3am and 6am Heavy snow.

Indeed Meto seems fine and that's giving me some hope, but looking at the charts the 0c isotherm is set to elude us by 50 miles or so as it is pushed far nroth before stalling in the evening and moving back south over us for the second band. Not sure what the high res models are showing though.

Posted

looks like Friday night into Saturday Morning

Thanks lancs_northants! laugh.png

Posted

Hey, just wondering if someone could help. I've just jumped in here to ask if anyone could give me any idea if Craven Arms (Shropshire) across to Wolverhampton is due much in the way of snow? I live on the south coast but my friend is travelling to me tomorrow and just called in a panic - and I don't trust the forecasters on the tv ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

The forecast I just saw with Peter Gibbs at 19:00 showed snow for anywhere north of Brum. Then snow risk extending south tomorrow. As usual with these situations some places will do surprisingly well while others will not do as well as expected. Radar watching time methinks :)

Posted

Nae is a fairly big downgrade. Hopefully its proved wrong

In what way , it shows 42 hours of snow for Leicester

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate, snow winter, sunny summers

That is very frustrating, I agree. ThInk we were also in that category.

The snow accumulated fine on 8th dec 1990 after a day of heavy rain, that event was marginal also with heavy wet snow. Last week near Hexham I saw 12cms of snow in 5 hours overnight despite initial rain. Let's see what happens but come Saturday morning I'm expecting widespread reports of 15cms of more across the west midlands (brum northwards).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Think i'll take myself out of this thread for the next few days to save the anguish of seeing foot drfits of snow 20 miles north and rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Personally hoping the 12Z UKMO model, where it has those milder uppers further South, will be correct as that could provide better snow potential for more areas of the Midlands. Otherwise, we could do with having some sort of rather large tall fan being built facing the South-West blowing chilly air in that direction and prevent the risk of milder upper air temperatures from spreading too far North. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

Think i'll take myself out of this thread for the next few days to save the anguish of seeing foot drfits of snow 20 miles north and rain here.

You will not get just rain! At some point over the next 48 hours you will get snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Put your location in your profile? Rugeley isnt it?, think I am 9 miles NW of you, on a clear day I can see the smoke from powerstation looking SE when no wind

Posted

Yep - its not the put of having snow or no snow, my local parameters make it very hard for snow to stick an accumulate regardless, never mind with rain for hours before! Previously it was a 95% snow event, with a small period of rain. Know its 50-50 at best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

For some reason Northampton usually fares quite well in marginal events so i'm hoping it keeps this vein of thought in the next few days. would be horrible to end up with cold sleet for tonight and tomorrow although they are almost guaranteeing heavy snow friday night into saturday, but would be a waste if we have several hours of heavy rain first. fingers crossed for everyone to get a good last winter pasting.

Posted

According to the meto site it's snow all the way for rugeley from midnight tonight.

Posted

Yeah, but that's just a general non specific forecast that isn't updated specifically or frequently. I'm willing to bet I wake up tommorrow with puddles.

Posted

Hey, just wondering if someone could help. I've just jumped in here to ask if anyone could give me any idea if Craven Arms (Shropshire) across to Wolverhampton is due much in the way of snow? I live on the south coast but my friend is travelling to me tomorrow and just called in a panic - and I don't trust the forecasters on the tv tease.gif

May not be too bad tomorrow, likely worse tomorrow night and Saturday.

Posted

All I need is around 5-7 centimetres by around 8am tomorrow so I don't have to go to sixth form. Hopefully this event will produce, I can't remember significant snow in this location so late in the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah, but that's just a general non specific forecast that isn't updated specifically or frequently. I'm willing to bet I wake up tommorrow with puddles.

You likely will, its not until tomorrow night there is a snow chance, 2-5cms low levels, 10-20cms high levels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Since tuesday all you've been saying is you what it to be 50 to 75 miles further south !!!!

I think your well placed for snow and plenty of it and ive thougth that all week.

Posted

Possibly, maybe the forecast will be wrong and it will be rain but currently the forecast doesn't suggest that, your argument is based around emotion not fact, at a guess your a 'glass half empty' individual, nowt wrong with that, however it does lend itself to undue irrational pessimism.