Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 21/03/13 09z ------->

A.J

Posted

Any chance it could be a damp squib as 21st march 2001? setup seems similar, although way before my model days

I've looked at the archive but have no recollection of what happened.

Posted

Lets hope the weather gods are kind and the front ends up a good 60 miles or so further south :lol:

Posted

Okay time for a question!!is it going to be powdery snow for the midland tomorrow or wer snow?

Wet for the most part.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very poor forecast from an IMBY perspective this evening, today at 1 is was snow from midnight right the way through to late Saturday, tonight showed rain until the early hours, snow for a few hours, rain and sleet from midday until midnight tommorrow and then snow coming back in after midnight tommorrow. So we've gone from pure snow to, rain, snow, rain, snow. Accumulations are going to be very hard to come by in my specific spot. Can't help but feel a bit negative heading into it. 1-2cm of slush tops I reckon.

We needed a 50 mile shunt south, instead we've gone north and are going to pay a marginal price now. Why do these things never fall simple and perfectly? 1-2cm > 35cm. Can guarantee what I end up with.

Edited by PolarWarsaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Very poor forecast from an IMBY perspective this evening, today at 1 is was snow from midnight right the way through to late Saturday, tonight showed rain until the early hours, snow for a few hours, rain and sleet from midday until midnight tommorrow and then snow coming back in after midnight tommorrow. So we've gone from pure snow to, rain, snow, rain, snow. Accumulations are going to be very hard to come by in my specific spot. Can't help but feel a bit negative heading into it. 1-2cm of slush tops I reckon.

We needed a 50 mile shunt south, instead we've gone north and are going to pay a marginal price now. Why do these things never fall simple and perfectly? 1-2cm > 35cm. Can guarantee what I end up with.

Expect Feb 10th-11th style, thats what I am expecting,

Posted

Well the local forecast on the BBC look east had Northants down for snow in the early hours, accumulation according to the presenter. Friday afternoon looked Dry. Saturday looked Good for Northants.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

ECM1-216.GIF?21-0

I KNOW I KNOW we havn't seen a flake yet !!!!

But does anyone fancy a reload for next week end.

"COME ON" only abit of fun to calm the nerves.tease.gif

Posted

ECM1-216.GIF?21-0

I KNOW I KNOW we havn't seen a flake yet !!!!

But does anyone fancy a reload for next week end.

"COME ON" only abit of fun to calm the nerves.tease.gif

White Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I agree , to be honest looking at the bbc latest it all looks to have moved north , so from brum northwards , with lots of rain to the south of that , turning to snow Friday night when the second band comes in . But after seeing the forecast I don't think il see anything hear until tomorrow night now , I thought my elevation may help but if the 850hpa is above 0c then know matter how cold the surface is it will be rain until the uppers drop !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

As I alluded to earlier on though probably got drowned out in the mass of ramping, Im not surprised to see the rain part of this has been upgraded a bit especially in central parts of the Midlands.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Spare a thought for the tourist trade in these parts... this weekend, not only is there a craft fair in Bewdley but it's also the Severn Valley Railway's spring gala (Fri-Sun incl). If it's rain here, they'll go ahead but everyone will be drenched. If it's snow from early on, they may not happen (or not fully) as exhibitors etc may not make it up. If it's rain then snow later, there could be any number of people stranded come Sunday... much as I like snow, this is not a good weekend for it to happen from an IMBY perspective!

Good point - It's going to be a disaster tradewise for me this weekend, whatever happens. And Easter ain't looking much better! March overall has been poor tradewise in part due to the poor weather.

Posted

As I alluded to earlier on though probably got drowned out in the mass of ramping, Im not surprised to see the rain part of this has been upgraded a bit especially in central parts of the Midlands.

Yep, frustrating really it'l end up a 'nothing' here. Harder than normal to swallow because 100 miles further south this really could have been something. If I get accumulating snowfall, i'll be amazed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

I'm thinking I'm just too far south for this first band to be snow :(

- Daventry

Posted

Yep, frustrating really it'l end up a 'nothing' here. Harder than normal to swallow because 100 miles further south this really could have been something. If I get accumulating snowfall, i'll be amazed.

Where exactly are you in the MIdlands?

Posted

Fri night, looks okay for snow, but on a wet ground will struggle to stick, but did on Feb 11th,

member mushyman is a pain in the @ss, good he dosent post on here in a way

Posted

I'm thinking I'm just too far south for this first band to be snow :(

- Daventry

Not according to the Meto. I'm down for Light snow at Midnight, 3am and 6am Heavy snow.

Posted

South Staffs, 25 north of Brum.

Oh right...we are in Coventry.The MIdlands Today forecast in the last half an hour included your area for snow, I am sure.

Posted

Oh right...we are in Coventry.The MIdlands Today forecast in the last half an hour included your area for snow, I am sure.

Yes it did, but WITH RAIN...so snow wont stick? Which makes it pointless.

Posted

Yes it did, but WITH RAIN...so snow wont stick? Which makes it pointless.

That is very frustrating, I agree. ThInk we were also in that category.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

im in stoke area with a bit of elevation so hopefully game on!

Posted

Yup quite a surprising turn of events considering two days ago it was tracking so far south with each run I assumed it would slide through the channel.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Well the local forecast on the BBC look east had Northants down for snow in the early hours, accumulation according to the presenter. Friday afternoon looked Dry. Saturday looked Good for Northants.

I didn't see that. Working away in Somerset. Driving back to Kettering Fri Eve. Were Look East talking about snow for the early hours Fri morning, or Saturday morning?