Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

About 11cm, still snowing hard, bearing in ming this bench was clear of snow until around 3pm so we could have got upwards of 6"

post-15503-0-56174700-1364078674_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hi John, do you think there is any potential in the Thames Estuary tonight, seems to be building up slightly now on the Radar or is it case of see what's left if and when it comes back south?.

It's where this annoying drizzle has been coming from since the front left, if only there was something to intensify it, like those colder uppers getting down here or something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

About 11cm, still snowing hard, bearing in ming this bench was clear of snow until around 3pm so we could have got upwards of 6"

Very lucky, thats a good amount!

Anyway i'm off, was up at 5am after 4hrs sleep and got a 9 hour shift tomorrow ! Night all :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Meh so much for that 'Sweet Spot'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

MO still got me down for some heavy stuff tomorrow.

It was updated at 10 to remove sleet and replace with cloud.

Posted

A trip up the A10 tomorrow then!

15 minute journey from 3cm to 11cm talk about localised

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Do have a higher elevation though, not an awful lot, but it would seem enough.

I know its been snowing in Buntingford almost non-stop now for 24 hours.

I actually just want it to warm up now.

Edited by East Herts Snow

Posted

Stopped ATM,I in a hole lol.more to come next week??

.it's kind of becoming very surreal all this out of the ordinary weather.

Hi FL

What sort of depths have you got there? Looked pretty good coming round Colchester on the A12 when i came through a couple of hours ago, slip roads seemed to have a fair covering, especially the new one at the football ground.

Posted

hi bjay

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

keep watching these

you can see where the warmer air is

expect this to change to colder by midnight or just after

re precipitation watch the lot north but also keep your eye

to the east as we should gain more favourable conditions then to drag that further west

this is for people more south

Posted

MO still got me down for some heavy stuff tomorrow.

It was updated at 10 to remove sleet and replace with cloud.

You might get the tail end of the stuff coming up through belgium from Germany/France if you look at the european radar you can see it. Amazing if that pulled west and came to cover the south east. You can only hope, But it looks like part of the system coming up, i cant see this pivot or sinking of our front as met guidance has been on the faxes, just take a look at the radar and the sattelite: http://www.weathercast.co.uk/radar/europe.html and http://www.sat24.com/en/gb?ir=true

Posted

A trip up the A10 tomorrow then!

15 minute journey from 3cm to 11cm talk about localised

Its also very rural here so no town/city heat effect. The soil type around here also has more chalk in it which I recall reading somewhere has a lower dew point as it loses heat much quicker.

All I know is since moving from North London to Buntingford a few years ago, the winters are much colder here, even though its only 20 miles North of London!

Posted

Its also very rural here so no town/city heat effect. The soil type around here also has more chalk in it which I recall reading somewhere has a lower dew point as it loses heat much quicker.

Me too. It is still coming down here, i'll post depths later, the drifts are fairly impressive, and the average garden depth is amazingly unexpected. My guess is about 12-15cms from up here. Cars probably a little less.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Would like to post up the half/time scores in the Snow Depth Cup & Friendlies. If I've left any depths out, please post or PM me your amounts.

Now when a team reaches the latter stages of a Cup competition human nature suggests that a cautionary approach maybe the likely scenario. What's going on here though? Too scared to commit a few snowflakes into your opponents half!

I've seen more action on an April sunday afternoon in Serie A and then some! Throw caution to the wind, or a few snowflakes anyway!

Meanwhile, look at all the action in the Friendlies, I know there's nothing at stake in those matches but come on, lets see some effort in the 2nd half!

Depths in cms.

4th Rnd

0 Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v.Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) 0

3 Addington (Sur) (SNOWBOB) v.Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS) 0

0 N.W.Kent ? (KENTSPUR) v.Swanley (K) (SNOWBLUES) 0

0 N.W.Kent (LAUREN) v.Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) 0

0 Folkestone (LOTTIEKENT) v. Rochester (K) (STEVIERAY1) 0

3rd Rnd REPLAYS

6 Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) v. Wimbledon (L) (LONDON SNOW) 0

DUST.Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Bushey (H) (SVALIJI) 0

0 S.W.London (FLUID DYNAMIC) v. Northwood (L) (BLUEBREEZER54) 3

FRIENDLIES

0 (H) (HAMMER) v. Kempston (Beds) (CHRIS MANTLE) 3

5 Headington (Ox) (MARK NEAL) v. High Wycombe (Bucks) (KATIE COURT) 6.4

7 West Ipswich (Suf) (CHRIS101) v. Bromley (K) (JAN_BROMLEY) 2.4

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by TomSE20

Posted

I know buntingford very well, but not sure it has much to do with town heat? Hertford is hardly a big town, and I am more on the edge so towards the viaduct, I just think we have been a bit unlucky this winter, either to far north like the last snow fall, and today just a tad to far south

Posted

Yep same here although still light to moderate here. Have around 8cm. Watch radar towards Colchester. Precip is moving east to west and sliping south v slightly. Might get a few more cms if you / we are lucky. Don't expect the band to move south much at all over nxt 12 hrs so Cambs could do very well along with east Northants etc

if you look at lampost its still snowing well it is in pin green

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I know buntingford very well, but not sure it has much to do with town heat? Hertford is hardly a big town, and I am more on the edge so towards the viaduct, I just think we have been a bit unlucky this winter, either to far north like the last snow fall, and today just a tad to far south

Could be caused by a valley effect, precipitation tends to get caught in the valley and its surrounding areas don't see much. Take a trip down into the valley tomorrow and see if that's the case, then your question may be answered, who knows!

Posted

You may be affected by London's heat island effect...... wink.png

I actually consider Ware/Hertford/Hoddesdon as the outer Northern limits of London nowadays, as it is so built up along the A10/Hertford Road corridor.

As modern buildings become more and more well insulated in the future, London should begin to cool down again!

Guest bjaykent

It's where this annoying drizzle has been coming from since the front left, if only there was something to intensify it, like those colder uppers getting down here or something.

Hi Alexis, yes drizzle has not been pleasant today I agree and still heavy drizzle here at the moment, but I thought the radar returns over the estuary seem to be expanding and also not moving north like the rest of the band. Just hoping for something later this evening as the cold uppers come in that doesn't include drizzle!smile.png

Posted

Would like to post up the half/time scores in the Snow Depth Cup & Friendlies. If I've left any depths out, please post or PM me your amounts.

Now when a team reaches the latter stages of a Cup competition human nature suggests that a cautionary approach maybe the likely scenario. What's going on here though? Too scared to commit a few snowflakes into your opponents half!

I've seen more action on an April sunday afternoon in Serie A and then some! Throw caution to the wind, or a few snowflakes anyway!

Meanwhile, look at all the action in the Friendlies, I know there's nothing at stake in those matches but come on, lets see some effort in the 2nd half!

Depths in cms.

4th Rnd

0 Leigh-on-Sea (E) (PAUL SHERMAN) v.Little Wakering (E) (ESSEXGOONER) 0

0 Addington (Sur) (SNOWBOB) v.Uckfield (Sus) (TOM JARVIS) 0

0 N.W.Kent ? (KENTSPUR) v.Swanley (K) (SNOWBLUES) 0

0 N.W.Kent (LAUREN) v.Bexleyheath (K) (SNOW RAVEN) 0

0 Folkestone (LOTTIEKENT) v. Rochester (K) (STEVIERAY1) 0

3rd Rnd REPLAYS

6 Barnet (H) (SUBURBAN STREAMER) v. Wimbledon (L) (LONDON SNOW) 0

DUST.Ongar (E) (JO S) v. Bushey (H) (SVALIJI) 0

0 S.W.London (FLUID DYNAMIC) v. Northwood (L) (BLUEBREEZER54) 0

FRIENDLIES

0 (H) (HAMMER) v. Kempston (Beds) (CHRIS MANTLE) 3

5 Headington (Ox) (MARK NEAL) v. High Wycombe (Bucks) (KATIE COURT) 6.4

0.7 West Ipswich (Suf) (CHRIS101) v. Bromley (K) (JAN_BROMLEY) 2.4

Regards,

Tom.

Hi Tom

You've got me 0.7cms, it should be 7cms, i know its just a friendly but after getting trounced last time i was feeling pretty good for a win this time lol good.gif