Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

To be honest if your south of London I wouldn't get your hopes up. The front may slip / pivot south but will die out as it does so I'm afraid. Centall east Anglia up towards Peterborough is the place to be tonight.

Let's see what happens, but MetO have indicated to Croydon Council that we should expect more snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

did it go badly? i'm sorry.

my friend just told me that london tv is reporting plans to ration the electric?

It's ok, nothing a little vodka can't help :)

Hope the new arrivals are doing ok.

Posted

Love the fact the North and even central parts of my county (Essex) is getting plenty of snow. Where as I have zilch. Talk about fine lines.

Posted

It looks like it is heading NW to me but I'm ever hopeful (how many hours?)

around midnight it will start heading south

thats when the uppers should be more favourable south as well

as for weakening

not sure i agree with that

we will see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Even a bigger blob forming over belgium at the moment turning red, look at the Europe satelite dont know if it will get here

Another night's blob-watching?

Posted

my friend just told me that london tv is reporting plans to ration the electric?

ITV news? LOL, as reliable as their weather forecasts. Sensationalist nonsense! ITV Should be nuked from the airways. Atrocious pap!

Posted

Let's see what happens, but MetO have indicated to Croydon Council that we should expect more snow

Would be very surprised to see it get that far south / south of the Thames. NAE, UKMV etc all have sticking north of London and then fizzling out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

ITV news? LOL, as reliable as their weather forecasts. Sensationalist nonsense! ITV Should be nuked from the airways. Atrocious pap!

There was a flutter in government though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Been snowing pretty much all day here at varying degrees of intensity. A few cms on grass, but only recently started to settle on paths. Radar still shows more to come, it's more like January than late March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

around midnight it will start heading south

thats when the uppers should be more favourable south as well

as for weakening

not sure i agree with that

we will see

That's good, I shouldn't have to stay up too late to see the evidence - temp and dew pt stuck around 2c at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

No hilly field tomorrow:(maisey temp of 39c, tonsils up.walk in centre more like.poor moo.

Posted

Would be very surprised to see it get that far south / south of the Thames. NAE, UKMV etc all have sticking north of London and then fizzling out.

Still snowing lightly here, is this set now for a few hours? From the radar we seem to be at the southern side of it? So if it starts dropping south could be a few hours of steady snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Stopped here boo. Radar is broken.

Posted

Still snowing lightly here, is this set now for a few hours? From the radar we seem to be at the southern side of it? So if it starts dropping south could be a few hours of steady snow

Yes we are on the southern / western flank of it. Should see light snow all night I would have thought.

Posted

What's the latest on next-week's North Sea convection then?

Posted

It's slowly moving NW through the evening/night and fizzling out. Cant see where the talk of it moving south has come from??

Been snowing here for 15+ hours now, about 10cm or so where there was little thaw during the day.

Posted

ASTONISHING scenes out in my garden. 3 hours ago there was scarcely 2 inches, went outside a few minutes ago to find myself in very heavy snow and a level 6 inches (my garden is essentially a small drift from the field next door). Car depth now 11cms. Did not see this coming to be honest (even though I predicted it 2 days ago!!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Band now starting to break up, no real reason why it can't organise itself again, it has done unexpectedly tonight!

Posted

more like channel next week tease.gif

That too, I hope, JP...Is it going to happen?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

You reckon? The 3-day week is a historical fact. I know as that is when I started my first job after college and it was quite tricky trying to do detailed work by candlelight — of course now, no work will be possible at all as the computers won't work.

It wouldn't surprise me at all the way this country's lunatic energy policies have proceeded to price pensioners out of their homes — (another fact). We 'right wing nutters' 'fruitcakes' and 'deniers' and some very expert engineers or anyone else who knows about power generation, have been saying for years the lights would go out… well now it looks like it's about to happen.

Two days ago it was reported we had another 48 hours gas left in our woefully inadequate gas storage facilities. Those two days are up. Still unconvinced? Look at what is generating the power on here… http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Then wait until the wind drops.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Love the fact the North and even central parts of my county (Essex) is getting plenty of snow. Where as I have zilch. Talk about fine lines.

I feel your pain Shrimper from the past couple of events! However I've finally been in the right place this time around and have had snow all day with a couple of inches on the ground (roads/paths melted but covering again now).

I'm only around 15 -20 miles north of you as the crow flies and I've watched in agony as you and Paul in Leigh had far more than here in the previous events. Think you've still had the better deal over the winter though as today's snow is very wet and slushy and not the dry stuff of the past!

M

Posted

You reckon? The 3-day week is a historical fact. I know as that is when I started my first job after college and it was quite tricky trying to do detailed work by candlelight — of course now, no work will be possible at all as the computers won't work.

It wouldn't surprise me at all the way this country's lunatic energy policies have proceeded to price pensioners out of their homes — (another fact). We 'right wing nutters' 'fruitcakes' and 'deniers' and some very expert engineers or anyone else who knows about power generation, have been saying for years the lights would go out… well now it looks like it's going to happen.

I wrote out the application for a job with my current employer during the infamous January 1987 spell by candlelight! I remember the three day weeks. I remember the power cuts of the 70's. We're a long way from those days. To suggest anything else if fanciful internet conspiracy nonsense. Apologies for off topic reply..

Edited by Jason H