Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd March 2013 17:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Another night's blob-watching?

Ooooh! A blob! I do like a good blob. :D

Posted

You reckon? The 3-day week is a historical fact. I know as that is when I started my first job after college and it was quite tricky trying to do detailed work by candlelight — of course now, no work will be possible at all as the computers won't work.

It wouldn't surprise me at all the way this country's lunatic energy policies have proceeded to price pensioners out of their homes — (another fact). We 'right wing nutters' 'fruitcakes' and 'deniers' and some very expert engineers or anyone else who knows about power generation, have been saying for years the lights would go out… well now it looks like it's about to happen.

Two days ago it was reported we had another 48 hours gas left in our woefully inadequate gas storage facilities. Those two days are up. Still unconvinced? Look at what is generating the power on here… http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Then wait until the wind drops.

Thanks for the good laugh ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

You reckon? The 3-day week is a historical fact. I know as that is when I started my first job after college and it was quite tricky trying to do detailed work by candlelight — of course now, no work will be possible at all as the computers won't work.

I remember we pretended when dad got home there had been another power cut and we walked around with the candles for 15mins in the dark , till we turn on a light. Happy days cira 1973/4 ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Ooooh! A blob! I do like a good blob. biggrin.png

ohmy.png

shocked_boy_gif.gif

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Thanks for the good laugh tease.gif

You maybe not old enough to remember regular power cuts , 3 days weeks or even the winter of discontent but they did happen and could happen again,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I wrote out the application for a job with my current employer during the infamous January 1987 spell by candlelight! I remember the three day weeks. I remember the power cuts of the 70's. We're a long way from those days. To suggest anything else if fanciful internet conspiracy nonsense. Apologies for off topic reply..

I worked right through the 87 hurricane power cut — the power was on in London, but not at my home in West Sussex, for a whole 6 weeks. There were next to no computers around then — even in most offices, they were just being introduced at the time.

The odd power cut is very different from what's about to happen this time — 40 years on and every single bit of the technology we take for granted is useless without an uninterrupted power supply. Even sewage farms.

Posted

I remember we pretended when dad got home there had been another power cut and we walked around with the candles for 15mins in the dark , till we turn on a light. Happy days cira 1973/4 ?

I was in first job as a junior draughtsman we certainly worked some funny hours but we managed to do our full 37.5 hours, oh how impressed I was when I picked up my wage package, £1-10s-0p for you younguns that's equates to £1.50 for a total of 37.5 hours work, but I was, young, long haired, girlfriend less, cricket / basketball playing, flower power, worry free youngster, oh the days, the nights, the parties. How the hell did I survive it? One thing that always stuck in my mind was sitting in the dark awaiting for the lights to come on when my mother yelled out, oh look, that coach gots its lights on, turn ours on, would have been funny enough except I got up to turn them on.

Better get back onto topic, not snowing, not laying.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

1-2cm here paths just about covered although they were very wet . . been constant tiny flakes since 7 this morning maybe I am being greedy but would like to see some nice BIG flakes even just for 10 minutes

Posted

People used to go to Biba's and shoplift. It wasn't much fun though. I worked as a visualiser for Saatchi & Saatchi and we could only draw line storyboards for ads, and colour them in the next morning as people would find out they'd done all the blue sky, pale green and have to do them all over again.

Paste ups were a nightmare — dropping little bits of paper with type on them on the floor all the time and then having to wash and dry them in the sink. We couldn't use our PMT machine to blow up typesetting as it was out of action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I worked right through the 87 hurricane power cut — the power was on in London, but not at my home in West Sussex, for a whole 6 weeks. There were next to no computers around then — even in most offices, they were just being introduced at the time.

The odd power cut is very different from what's about to happen this time — 40 years on and every single bit of the technology we take for granted is useless without an uninterrupted power supply. Even sewage farms.

I went to school the day after that, mum had to go round the houses cause of blown down trees but we still got there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

need to move south PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just recorded my highest March snow depth for my town in 25 or so years. 12cm.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

No hilly field tomorrow:(maisey temp of 39c, tonsils up.walk in centre more like.poor moo.

Oh! I lived just near Hilly Fields in the 1970s as a child! Small world... hope she feels better soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

http://www.brandonsu....com/webcam.asp

brandon webcam

near where i am looking to move at the end of summer drinks.gif

You're leaving Croydon? Surely not - we'll miss yousad.png

Posted

You're leaving Croydon? Surely not - we'll miss yousad.png

hi dub

wont be for a few months yet

still be here though smile.png

Posted

Snow Pictures from today's walk to Shotover Country Park, 200m up (across road from me) can be found here- http://www.flickr.com/photos/63199651@N07/sets/72157633069171061/

Posted

Wow what a night!!

Fired my first ever firework display in snow for a wedding in Chelmsford, about 2 inches of level snow on the ground and moderate snow still coming down during the display, the colour and glow on the snow covered ground was amazing.

The drive back to Ipswich was horrible though, parts of the A12 had a lot of slush in places notably Colchester where you could see the slip roads had a pretty good covering, and all the way home the snow in the headlights was very hypnotic, very difficult to keep the eyes focused.

Now back home and am very happy with the turnout, a nice 7cm's on surfaces in the garden and looking lovely, very happy to be back in the warm now and can sit back and do a bit of radar and lampost watching, and try and get through some of the many pages to catch up on whats been going on around the region.

Posted

Got about 6cm here, shame that temperatures were just a little too high late morning/afternoon as I'm sure I'd easily have more snow than from the snow event in January. Hopefully a bit more to come during the night, seems to be a nice band of heavier precipitation atm over north Cambridgeshire + Norfolk.

Posted

Latest NAE has the front continuing in its current position all night, perhaps slightly further south. Tommorow will be light snow for the north of the region and flurries in the south dying out late afternoon

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=12&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Posted

Monday morning on the NAE showing some light snow flurries moving through from the East at 6am and 12pm..

Doesn't look like anything substantial, but just goes to show that showers can happen this week and little surprises come up along the way!

post-15543-0-07329500-1364076516_thumb.g

post-15543-0-17748800-1364076517_thumb.g

Posted

Monday morning on the NAE showing some light snow flurries moving through from the East at 6am and 12pm..

Doesn't look like anything substantial, but just goes to show that showers can happen this week and little surprises come up along the way!

hi mark

ignoring these for now

last night the south of the thames in parts had some decent snow

but was too wet too stick

none of these predicted snow so i am sticking with radars now