Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

0c this morning first thing but have had wall to wall sunshine after the cloud broke up mid morning Currently 6c A big grassland machinery demonstration has just been cancelled in Dunmries in May in six weeks time as they do not believe there will be enough grass growth to hold it. It will be June before there would be sufficient grass. 2 weeks of mild temperatures to warm ground up,2 weeks to turn fields green and 4 weeks to get grass a foot high and only if night time temperatures hold up above 6c throughout that time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Afternoon all, delighted to let you all know that today my son arrived, bonnie healthy baby boy and wee brother for his 2 big sisters. The newest future weather geek in Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Afternoon all, delighted to let you all know that today my son arrived, bonnie healthy baby boy and wee brother for his 2 big sisters. The newest future weather geek in Scotland.

Congrats to all of you, now get wetting his head! biggrin.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Congratulations. Grab some sleep while you can!

A bit milder today with a max of 7C with few sunny ints.. Cloudy now at 6C. Min this morning here was -2.6C?

Local paper had a story about two German tourists who visited Scotland after seeing Brave. Went up to the Central Highlands and decided to go across the hill road from Glenlyon to Loch Tay. Their van has now been stuck up there for over two weeks and they are earning their keep in a guesthouse in Glenlyon by doing odd jobs until they can recover it. They must be hoping for the thaw next week to come and get up into the hills.

For those who know the road it is sometimes ploughed from the South side up as far as the dam but the North side is left to nature. The picture in the paper shows they almost reached the dam but when they got stuck they walked back 7 miles in the snow to Glenlyon. The girl (a bonny lass) pictured said that they had not expected the snow to drift. They will know better next time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

many congrats Lorenzo...when he's old enough you can show him the synpotics on the day he was born! All the best...

Posted

Congratulations! biggrin.png

On the weather front here today it been lovely with a few clouds but the wind is still slightly niggly

Edited by NUT

Posted

Congratulations smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Blimey that was quick Lorenzo! didn't seem that long ago that you announced the pregnancy. I must have been too busy looking for the next snowflake! Congratulations to you all.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well done, mate - and the wifey, of course...A wee tune for you both:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Congratulations Lorenzo!

Posted

Congratulations Lorenzo it "ll be good to have some male balance in the family. Now where is my tin hat!!!!!

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Big congrats mate, hope all doing well

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Nowt to do with the weather, but it's good to have Lorenzo's good news on the day that Iain Banks gives us his bad news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Congratulations to you both. Looking forward to photos of your wee man.

Currently 0.5ºC after an overnight low of -2.7ºC. It looks like it will be a cracking day here, the sun is up and the sky is clear.

Congratulations Lorenzo on mini-Lo number three. What is it with Netweather and loads of kids?! :good:

Posted

No frost and scattered clouds, but certainly feeling a little warm of late.

Congratulations Lorenzo, I assume you will be on here a fair bit in the wee small hours over the coming weeks.

Posted

3c this morning. What a differerence to -5c yesterday! And it appears to have rained at some point overnight. First non-snow ppn to have fallen in weeks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Beautiful start to the day.9.7c yesterday...will we see double figs today....probably not!! Last time was 2/3.

May I add my congrats to you Lorenzo..there is surely no better feeling in the world!

I'd imagine your walking with a spring in your step. Although weather wise it looks as though Spring may once again be delayed next week as the transition to proper mildness looks dodgy to say the least.

post-18260-0-61155600-1365065809_thumb.j

Posted

Had a wee shower of rain overnight but skies cleared at dawn and frost retuned .Some nice wintry showers of grauple coming in off the Firth from the NE with stunning cloudscapes just now . Was going to write that I thought the cold may be hard to shift especially with the cold ground and sea and lo and behold we may see the warm up delayed. Lots of farms running short of feed and bedding and it is at times like these that the weather will not cooperate(Non scientific thinking) Photos just addedpost-2744-0-14221600-1365082036_thumb.jppost-2744-0-61969600-1365082383_thumb.jp

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

This is a bit late but congratulations to Lorenzo, glad you didn't have to dig yourself out to get to the hospital as you might have a week or two ago. Lovely outside now, still well below average but in the sun it feels pretty reasonable. At least the second half of winter has been relatively dry NL, hopefully that continues for the next few months but with increased temperature values and a lessening of the easterly winds.