Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

i've been barred from posting in the model thread

Oh sorry I didn't know. You can pm if you want to elaborate.

Posted

I wonder if anything's due to hit us. It's cloudier here now I assume that to do with the front pushing down

Posted

It must be an emotional time for the farmers affected, dead (or poor) crops would be financially devestating but there must be an extra emotional attachment when livestock are involved?

Aye, that sunrise was nothing short of spectacular good.gif

post-2844-0-40609200-1365230194_thumb.gipost-2844-0-41157900-1365230203_thumb.gi

Snow showers anyone?

Yes there are probably a few stressed out farmers just now and you are right the animal losses will be the hardest to bear. Many of the herds and flocks taking years to build up especially where sheep are hefted to the hill .In this case this means being born on the hill they never stray far from their birthplace all their lives only being rounded up to clip and wean and so do not need fences on the high hills. These sheep are almost irreplaceable.

Posted

Currently 1c and we have dry large flakes of snow falling again after a day of occasional wet snow.

GFS show some heavy precipitation Wed/Thu from the low SW of Ireland tracking east too.

Unsure about snow yet and Scotland specifically, I'll need to dig deeper into it.

Never ending story, feels like...

Never ending story indeed, I know it's deep in FI (Di-Fi?), but how about this for a northerly? The 850s are as cold as -10ºC as far south as Edinburgh at one point.

The Northern Hemisphere chart is a cracker:

post-2844-0-27551000-1365357623_thumb.pn

I can detect what's wrong with the weather, look at the alien in the Atlantic...

post-2844-0-45234900-1365357477_thumb.pn

All just a bit of fun, but with the way this season has gone you really wouldn't bet your life against it, would you? :lol:

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

Oh sorry I didn't know. You can pm if you want to elaborate.

i got my first warning point for posting getting on at folk that were having a go at people who do forecasts and the second warning point i got for saying that a chart for boxing day would have been better for christmas day and i take it after 2 points u get barred from posting

I wonder if anything's due to hit us. It's cloudier here now I assume that to do with the front pushing down

Perhaps some light precip overnight, the front is pushing south so you never know. Don't dust down the sledge though :)

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Was at Glenshee today.It snowed all day and on the way home it snowed until fife.Think it will snow here tonight 2c at present.

Posted

Just watching the programme on BBC2 on 50 years of the Cairngorm MRT. Although I really appreciated these guys' work seeing some of the "on sight" action from February really hammers home just how dangerous the conditions can be at night or indeed in severe weather. They're just your matter of fact kind of guys, "just doing a job" but what a job. It must be rewarding and saddening at times but what a wonderful service and job they do.

Posted

Sky clearing frost on its way. A couple of wildlife observations 10 to 15000 geese landed in a field I had shut up for early grazing stripped it barer than it was and left it covered in green and white droppings (positive view they fertilised the field)Lots of roe deer grazing out in fields in the open on sheltered south facing areas during the day(normally shy daytime feeders)as woods have no grass left in them. All wildlife is very hungry just now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just watching the programme on BBC2 on 50 years of the Cairngorm MRT. Although I really appreciated these guys' work seeing some of the "on sight" action from February really hammers home just how dangerous the conditions can be at night or indeed in severe weather. They're just your matter of fact kind of guys, "just doing a job" but what a job. It must be rewarding and saddening at times but what a wonderful service and job they do.

Watched that also, pretty revealing, conditions looked brutal above the cloud base, that and just half an hour away from the car park. The mountains and weather really are unforgiving. Amazing work and effort.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
It must be rewarding and saddening at times but what a wonderful service and job they do.

Indeed and mostly funded by donations too, so if anyone one wants to show their support, I am sure they will appreciate it. good.gif

http://www.cmrt.org.uk/ http://www.cmrt.org.uk/fund%20raising.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Felt pleasant in the sun today! Though compared to last year there is very little leaf growth.

Yes that's a good point. No daffs out here yet and there are still carpets of snowdrops everywhere. In April!!??

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

I am sure last year, blossom was on the trees by late February. This year there still hasn't been any and it's early April. I can't remember blossom not being on the trees by now.

Yes that's a good point. No daffs out here yet and there are still carpets of snowdrops everywhere. In April!!??

We have a few daffs at the front of the house with yellow buds, but not flowering yet. Snowdrops have survived well under the snow for a couple of weeks. Very light snow here this morning, 0.6ºC.

GFS now showing an utter heatwave Di-Fi:

post-2844-0-04729600-1365401088_thumb.pn

That's the max temps at midnight :blink:

Posted

Latest Met text forecast is far from spring like a week out. Mentions of hill snow and wintry showers are plenty. Only one daffodil out in the garden and still a solitary surviving snow patch.

Posted

Random flakes of snow falling this morning, could do with that heatwave cmd! Along with some storms of course!