Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

crapp bring back winter...mushy mild and non user friendly weather now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Forgot how pish the weather can be, after the all the cold calm conditions. Blew a hoolie last night, and still raining now.

Ditto! Only difference is, I haven't forgotten how bad the weather can be! It's imprinted on my brain!

Still hankering to move to Kent but hubby dragging his heels. Although it could get to 19/20oc down there today, so that might sway his opinion somewhat! Roll on my July fortnight so that I can get some heat in these old bones.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

After a very grey and damp mushy morning - the sun has decided to sparkle through the cloud here and I am loving the 12C (though of couse would be better if there was another 10 on that!), but beggars can't be choosers and I will take what I can get! 

P.S Hope you've all had a lovely Easter x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Yay the sun's out and it's almost warm! Atlantic weather with a swerly breeze and flutterbies diddling about in the garden. Splendid!

Blitzen, on 14 Apr 2013 - 11:51, said:

Ditto! Only difference is, I haven't forgotten how bad the weather can be! It's imprinted on my brain!

Still hankering to move to Kent but hubby dragging his heels. Although it could get to 19/20oc down there today, so that might sway his opinion somewhat! Roll on my July fortnight so that I can get some heat in these old bones.

Kent? Golly, my brother-in-law tried Kent and lasted 3 years before escaping back to Devon. Money-driven madness and no-one with the time to talk.

Posted

Spring has sprung in NE Fife. Decent sunny spells and almost cracked 15c earlier.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

You can almost hear things growing, even managed warm and sunny interlude early afternoon.  Blowing a bit now, quite a lot of water in the Forth, lucky it stopped raining or Aberfoyle would be in for another drenching.

Posted

Gale force south south westerly wind  all afternoon and made it to 14.5c.                                        

The dust storms have however returned to lower Nairnshire and Morayshire , newly sown and rolled fields are taking off can"t   see Forres   because of the drifting dust.!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Yay the sun's out and it's almost warm! Atlantic weather with a swerly breeze and flutterbies diddling about in the garden. Splendid!

Kent? Golly, my brother-in-law tried Kent and lasted 3 years before escaping back to Devon. Money-driven madness and no-one with the time to talk.

Plenty of time to sunbathe tho'....Went to visit my brother in Devon 2 years back and it rained for a fortnight! We are fortunate enough to know a few people in Kent with visiting often over the past 40 odd years. I just love it, especially the Thanet area. Got to 22oc down there today! Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Gale force south south westerly wind  all afternoon and made it to 14.5c.                                        

The dust storms have however returned to lower Nairnshire and Morayshire , newly sown and rolled fields are taking off can"t   see Forres   because of the drifting dust.!!!!

Yes, very windy here too, maxed at 13C. Familiar but unfamiliar having the Atlantic back after so long. Fortunately the ground got sufficiently wetted overnight that we aren't in the dust bowl badlands here.

Oh dear, just looked at the GFS ensembles for temperature and we're going to be lucky to see 10C again for the rest of the month. Maybe Kent isn't such a bad idea.

First Orange Tip of the year this morning, and second Small Tortoiseshell battling the gale this afternoon.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Looks like this howling is here to stay for the week. After friendly easterlies only pestering the window-less exterior walls on that side we now have a southerly screaming to come through the front door. The windows are whistling 'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!' or some such.

Amazing to see how dry the ground was this afternoon in spite of the drenching it got overnight.

Bring back winter if spring is to be like this. It's a bit of a waste of double digit temperatures if the wind is so strong.

I don't seem to have many reply options available when posting, any ideas what's wrong?

Posted

Bring back winter if spring is to be like this. It's a bit of a waste of double digit temperatures if the wind is so strong.

I don't seem to have many reply options available when posting, any ideas what's wrong?

Howling wind here all night too. Currently 8c. Anyone who sowed grass seed in the last few days which is normally sown on the surface(as its such a small seed) will have to rescue it from the North Sea this morning after dust storms all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well that was a weekend of a bit of everything.

Saturday morning was glorious, starting with blue skies, a chill to the air and a superficial frost on the ground as I went out for a run at 7:30am (Keen? Nah, just a lot to do later in the day). An hour later when I finished the run it had warmed up noticeably and the rest of the morning was mainly warm sunny spells with some white cloud. After about mid afternoon though it started to cloud over and it actually felt cold again in the strong breeze that had developed. Into the evening the wind kept picking up and some rain moved in.

Sunday morning dawned wet, mild and windy. By early afternoon though the rain had dissipated and it was back to warm sunny spells. It was only warm though if you were out of the strong wind! I enjoyed my walk with the dog up one of the smaller local hills despite the wind, with the last of the snow patches melting rapidly up there. Car temp gauge was reading around 14C mid afternoon as I dro0ve back from the walk. Sounded very wild outside later on in the evening as the wind picked up even more.

This morning is still windy, but sunny with very little cloud. As has been the theme, it's warm(ish) in the sun, as long as you're out of the wind. I'd quite like it to stay that way please, minus the wind of course.

Oh and the river Don was up quite high this morning. Not as high as I've seen it in the past but enough to be covering the fields to an extent, so although the snow on the hills to the west of us still looked quite extensive on Sunday I expect it'll not last.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Looks like a bit of a pounding with rain at times this week oh joy but it's a refreshing change from all the cold air

Looks like a bit of a pounding with rain at times this week oh joy but it's a refreshing change from all the cold air

Aye, it looks quite unsettled, but perhaps the odd nice day in between? Friday looks not too bad at least down here. Tomorrow looks a little breezy for a large chunk of the population across the central belt, and very wet for some too.

I've started looking ahead at the long range charts for the 12th May as I'm getting married...so far each time I've looked the forecast is for rain! I haven't told the soon to be proper Mrs Catch yet, hopefully the charts are wrong but only time will tell smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

Aye, it looks quite unsettled, but perhaps the odd nice day in between? Friday looks not too bad at least down here. Tomorrow looks a little breezy for a large chunk of the population across the central belt, and very wet for some too.

I've started looking ahead at the long range charts for the 12th May as I'm getting married...so far each time I've looked the forecast is for rain! I haven't told the soon to be proper Mrs Catch yet, hopefully the charts are wrong but only time will tell smile.png

Congratulations! You haven't told her about the weather or about getting married ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Warm drizzly day today and a pretty active sky until dulling over somewhat in the last hour. Brilliant blues mixed in with fluffy white clouds and sheets of Grey streaming in from the Forth. 

Lucked out in Aberdeenshire, glorious afternoon yesterday feeling very pleasant, blue skies this morning.

post-7292-0-45258300-1366037424_thumb.jp post-7292-0-76271900-1366037404_thumb.jp

Was driving past the River Dee and it looked quite high, some flooding on the way past, caught the North Sea looking a nice silver colour on the way down the road in the car.

post-7292-0-49404700-1366037438_thumb.jp

So much milder than previous, cue the wind and rain...!

Posted

Had some showers here for a while. Sun's back out and it smells SO good out there!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22160691

shocking news about explosions in boston and thoughts out to everyone affected

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Sowing spring barley into a nice warm/dry seed bed this morning strong to gale force wind from the south currently 11c Grass fields greening up and late daffodils putting on a bit of growth though still not flowering in shaded areas.

Posted

Sowing spring barley into a nice warm/dry seed bed this morning strong to gale force wind from the south currently 11c Grass fields greening up and late daffodils putting on a bit of growth though still not flowering in shaded areas.

Wind speeds really high now must be almost storm force. Dust Storms have returned! Really unpleasant day although sun shining with odd spits of rain in the air. Hills to west taking all the rain just now.