Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland (Alba) Regional Discussion 28th March 2013 22:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well, charts for Saturday/Sunday bring very warm tropical air via a rather deep low W of Ireland.

Temperatures at lower level look to be in the mid teens on Sunday afternoon, so I'd expect the snow to go away pretty fast.

I like snow too and we've been blessed a lot this year but we had to expect warmer temperatures at some point.

Certainly hope so, mid teens and sunshine, the barbies will be oot!

Posted

Scraped yet another 'falling snow' day here with the lightest of dustings before the sun got to work. Madness!

Snow pellets in Cupar at 8am, light covering, and 6pm, bit wet.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level

hopefully this is the start of the double peak that was being forecast and get it out the way before next winter

Daily Sun: 09 Apr 13 spacer.gif

hmi200.gif spacer.gif

Sunspot AR1718 is growing rapidly and could pose a threat for Earth-directed M-class solar flares. Credit: SDO/HMI spacer.gif

red_left_markerline.jpgspacer.gif

Sunspot number: 162

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Another cool start to the day up here in Aberdeenshire. At 8am my car windscreen had a layer of ice frozen on it so I assume we had some rain fall onto it whilst cold. Other than that it's partly sunny with a moderate breeze.

We've been away for a few days, taking advantage of the kids Easter holidays, took the caravan to Grantown On Spey. On Friday we had a wonderful time skiing at Cairngorm. Plenty of snow and although it started a little cloudy in the morning, in the afternoon we had blue skies, sun and virtually no wind. Got warm enough that by the end of the day I was overheating and had to start shedding layers.

Saturday morning we woke up to a frost and again we had a lovely day of mainly blue skies and sunshine, but staying cool. Late Saturday night it started snowing and on Sunday morning we woke up to a cm or two of snow covering every surface except the roads. Real winter wonderland kind of morning with all of the trees white. It snowed on and off most of the day, but lighter in Aviemore where we went on the steam train, but by mid afternoon the overnight covering had melted. Coming home on Monday we passed through a couple of decent snow showers, especially the one as we were heading up the hill at Foundland from Huntly.

Back home on Tuesday morning we woke up to yet again another covering of snow. No real depth to it but enough that most surfaces were white.

So in the last few days I've seen snow falling, or lying, on Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue (of course I'm not going to count Fri at the ski centre). Not bad for April but I'll not be too sad if the predicted 13C for here on Sunday comes off as the garden badly needs some work done on it and I have just no motivation to do it when it's cold.

Posted

Pretty miserable morning. 4c, dull, grey, misty with light rain. The forecast for the weekend is particularly uninspiring for SW, Lothian and Borders:

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Mainly dry and bright on Friday. Becoming mild, cloudy, wet and windy on Saturday. Cloudy with rain and strong winds on Sunday.

Issued at: 0400 on Wed 10 Apr 2013

Personally I'd rather have kept the cold and blue skies of recent weeks than have wet, windy and milder. At least I can take the kids to the park in the cold! Let's hope we get some mild sunny weather as payback :-)

Posted

Actually believe it or not getting some pretty heavy rain here (just had a heavy shower)

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Pretty miserable morning. 4c, dull, grey, misty with light rain. The forecast for the weekend is particularly uninspiring for SW, Lothian and Borders:

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Mainly dry and bright on Friday. Becoming mild, cloudy, wet and windy on Saturday. Cloudy with rain and strong winds on Sunday.

Issued at: 0400 on Wed 10 Apr 2013

Personally I'd rather have kept the cold and blue skies of recent weeks than have wet, windy and milder. At least I can take the kids to the park in the cold! Let's hope we get some mild sunny weather as payback :-)

Agreed not much to think about. Dry cold and sunny or dull,grey and mildish!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Not so nice here this evening. Cold and wet. 3.1C with rain. the worst of both worlds.

Posted
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonally appropriate. Snow - not greedy - good above 1,500' fine
  • Location: North Cumbria 160m asl overlooking the Solway coast.

Rain this morning, looked like it might have been a snow to rain event as there was what looked like slush on the car windscreens. Bit cold and raw outside and looking very murky over Loch Ard way. Not really looking forward to a warm damp end the current cold.

Posted

12c and damp is no use to anyone.Bad for ski centres,crapp for outdoors,and not that great for growing.Need some sun for that.

Posted

Potential final snow for someone?

SW, Lothian and Borders Met forecast:

Tonight:
Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading north through the night across all parts and turning to snow over hills and perhaps lower ground too with some accumulations likely. Minimum Temperature 1 C.

13041206_1100.gif

Edited by 101_North

Potential final snow for someone? SW, Lothian and Borders Met forecast:Tonight:Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading north through the night across all parts and turning to snow over hills and perhaps lower ground too with some accumulations likely. Minimum Temperature 1 C.
Potential final snow for someone? SW, Lothian and Borders Met forecast:Tonight:Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading north through the night across all parts and turning to snow over hills and perhaps lower ground too with some accumulations likely. Minimum Temperature 1 C.
Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Potential final snow for someone?

SW, Lothian and Borders Met forecast:

Tonight:

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading north through the night across all parts and turning to snow over hills and perhaps lower ground too with some accumulations likely. Minimum Temperature 1 C.

13041206_1100.gif

Thought this mornings forecast was a tad optimistic.  

This Evening and Tonight:

Cloudy with outbreaks of rain spreading north through the night reaching all parts and perhaps turning to wet snow on higher ground for a time, especially in Dumfriesshire and the Borders Minimum Temperature 1 Â°C.

Posted

Just like yesterday it been mostly cloudy here with some rain at times although not as much today as there was yesterday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloudy and cool here today but mostly dry. Currently 4.1C.

Posted

Fine sunny start to the day and -1c at 6.30am Countryside still very brown and certainly not green the result of every morning this week having a slight air frost. Tomorrows should be the last but a ground frost may return on Tuesday or Wednesday morning next week. All snowdrops still flowering and south facing daffodils starting to flower but stems. are very short while north facing ones behind dykes will probably flower in May. All in all the countryside has the look of late February/ early March just now.

It snowed here last night, but did not stick. It's still the same old feeling to see falling snow, despite the prolonged cold I'm not sick of seeing snowfall, just sick of the constant chill in the air laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

It snowed here last night, but did not stick. It's still the same old feeling to see falling snow, despite the prolonged cold I'm not sick of seeing snowfall, just sick of the constant chill in the air laugh.png

?????? Huh? Glitchski there, sorry...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Grey, overcast day trying not to be as chilly as previous week or so, drizzle and some rain showers, pretty weird when rain is an exception !

Did a Model Update post is here a fair few charts so will not re-post the whole thing here..

Been a bit busy to post regularly !!

Off to Aberdeenshire for wedding shenanigans this weekend and hopeful of some sunshine for Sunday afternoon.

Have a cracking weekend. 

Posted

Cloudy and cool here again today. Currently 4C. Wind SE as it has been for days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Aye, same here Catch. Feels like every night for the past 4 weeks or so I've had to walk home head down, hood up, into a cold wind from the east. Fed up with it now. I'll happily accept any double-digit temperature that comes our way in the next couple of days...

It snowed here last night, but did not stick. It's still the same old feeling to see falling snow, despite the prolonged cold I'm not sick of seeing snowfall, just sick of the constant chill in the air :lol: