Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 14th June 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Tonight is the one night I do NOT want thunderstorms here in Bristol as I will be walking tomorrow morning. Hopefully the Bristol storm shield can fire up tonight and then disappear in time for the real excitement on Wednesday.

Best of luck to those further southwest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Tonight is the one night I do NOT want thunderstorms here in Bristol as I will be walking tomorrow morning. Hopefully the Bristol storm shield can fire up tonight.

You're lucky Netweather operates a swear filter! ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

The cell near Guernsey seems to be holding out for the moment!

It sure looks good to me! Just reloaded by the looks of things! Could be the first proper one of the evening!

wow convective, i'd sure love to see something like that here, although the wind direction matters a great deal, it must be an NWerly, but too much N component and the showers will just move along the coast, which can still be alright, but too much W component and they'll head down the mersey and through the chesher gap, usually missing me. i once remember seing a 5 degree temp drop in 3 minutes for no apparent reason, untill I saw a it was the downdraft from a cell a few miles away that had caused it, although it haven't even rained here. Liverpool bay has a a strange climate, about which not many non local people don't seem to apreciate. lets hope we get some reverse chesher gap streamers this week, and if they are elervated they might get across the sea to you. :-). good luck.

Lets hope so! Very bizarre climate round these areas and I myself are familiar with the micro-climate the Mersey holds! Very strange

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

yes indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The storms heading into the channel off the Brest Peninsula are surviving the channel and are likely to hit west Devon and Cornwall. If I was there I would be looking for a southerly viewpoint right now. Activity further east is struggling to survive at this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Good evening, fellow NetWeather storm enthusiasts, as I have moved back to the west country and taking into account atmospheric parameters, both Hi-Res, GFS, and custom skew-t's, the lead me forward to the following conclusion.......

'El Bristolio & El Devonio are coming!!!!'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Good evening, fellow NetWeather storm enthusiasts, as I have moved back to the west country and taking into account atmospheric parameters, both Hi-Res, GFS, and custom skew-t's, the lead me forward to the following conclusion.......

Can you send me an El Crewio please.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Can slightly figure out what you say;) and i agree:p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I think any thundery weather will struggle to get beyond the m4 corridor over the next few days. Nicely warm and humid here now though as the sun has arrived but don't hold much hope for the midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Can you send me an El Crewio please.

sadly, even the storm gods themselves are well aware of the fact that Crewe is an absolute dump and to be avoided like a dose of anthrax Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Hope our very own Salisbury plane can spark something into life...

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Indeed by Wednesday we may have had El <insert your city or county here>io Posted Image

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Those storms that hit the south a few weeks ago Came in from the continent and the Channel didn't kill them off so there is hope.

Indeed the south coast just over a week ago is a prime example. The storm I had in Falmouth was a brilliant example of how the storms intensity was maintained.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

The storm is still good as ever, thats my boy!

Edited by interestingweather

Posted

I'd certainly have the camera ready now for distant shots of lightning from that beauty near the Channel Islands! Afraid to say I don't think we'll be getting an Isleofmanio any time soon! Posted Image

Posted

Anyone know of live streaming webcams in Plymouth? This one could be the one! Absolutely incredible precipitation rates.

EDIT: Or Exeter, even better!

Edited by Convective

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Anyone know of live streaming webcams in Plymouth? This one could be the one! Absolutely incredible precipitation rates.

EDIT: Or Exeter, even better!

Starcross, just south of Exeter.

http://www.starcross-fcc.com/webcam/

You should be able to control it for a small period of time too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Indeed by Wednesday we may have had El <insert your city or county here>io Posted Image

EL C@@PIO SUMS UP THE STORM CHANCE HERE......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Heat, Thunderstorms

Hi guys, i dont know as much about the storm side of things but was just wondering with such high amounts of cape and LI on wednesday - what is the chances of any storms going Supercellular?

Mid level convection kicking of nicely around here already - will be posting on twitter @ukstormlover if i see any decent action.

Temp 18.2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Thundering here- it's a long way off, but it's thundering!

Posted

Small cells popping up in Northern France in the last 15 minutes or so, heading in a Northerly direction so could develop and reach the South Coast. Although everything bar the system heading for Devon has diminished once over sea.