Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I thought I would change the broken record today and report a much brighter morning, with patchy cloud and a strange yellow ball shape thing just starting to poke above the roof tops, no wind but cool. Have a great day and please stop talking about fish. Actually that's reminds me got a POETS day today as we have got to attend a cruise presentation in St. Albans with non fish canapés and champagne well someone got to do it or they would be very lonely, shame I got to drive.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Well it's calm and bright here in MK - it's quite nice to be woken up by sunshine....would have been even better in a few hours time Posted Image

Posted

Good morning.

A bright day with clouds clearing to a beautiful sunny start which look set to continue here today. Another rain free day at Wimbledon maybe?

Edited by Coast

Posted

A smidgen of thinner cloud over the SE corner, hopefully that will push out to the SE and let the sun do it's magical work:

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It's sunny.....aaaaaaaggghhhhh!! *thud*. :D

Have a good day, everyone. Hope its sunny where you are. :)

Posted

Mornin each. It's sunny.....aaaaaaaggghhhhh!! *thud*. Posted Image

Have a good day, everyone. Hope its sunny where you are. Posted Image

Morning Grace!

It's lovely here actually, might have to fire up the BBQ tonight and get some sizzling steaks going

Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Good morning all,

What a lovely morning. High cloud but not stopping the sun shining through. Another fab day for Wimbledon. Rafa out Posted Image ......... Murray in Posted Image

Brilliant first day

Posted

Good morning all,

Brilliant first day

Morning Jan!

I think it could be a really good one this year and looking rain free for a few days yet:

Posted Image

Might be a light shower on Thursday or Friday.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Must say, felt rather chilly out first thing this morning. Hopefully it will feel more like June this afternoon once the sun has warmed through.

Looking like it could turn rather cloudy again by end of the week, Thursday looks like staying dry but some light rain or drizzle perhaps on Friday Posted Image

Edited by Nick F

Posted

And just to think that this time last year we would of gave our right arm to be in this situation now... next year we may get our spanish storms back!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

There seems to be some arguing on the MOD thread (not unusualPosted Image ) about the current and upcoming pattern and what constitutes summery weather, but I must admit I am quite happy with things as they are. Pleasantly warm and low humidity is perfect for me and whilst perhaps a little less cloud from time to time would be ideal, equally it is good to get a little relief from day after day of strong sunshine. Plus the occasional light shower is ok to keep the garden a little fresher every now and then. Hopefully the blip on Friday won't last the whole day, but whatever happens, the weekend that follows is looking reasonably warm and fine once againPosted Image

That is my glass half full perspective anyway. I think that the crowd and players at Wimbledon will be happy enough as well - without either being drenched and shivering in the sort of weather we had last summer or baking and dehydrating in a cauldron of heat at the other extreme. If I was going it would make my wardrobe planning much easier tooPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

I think that the crowd and players at Wimbledon will be happy enough as well - without either being drenched and shivering in the sort of weather we had last summer or baking and dehydrating in a cauldron of heat at the other extreme.

Just popped this post in the Wimbledon weather thread about wearing fur coats at the 1922 Championships:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77076-wimbledon-tennis-weather-2013/?p=2723620

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Just popped this post in the Wimbledon weather thread about wearing fur coats at the 1922 Championships:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77076-wimbledon-tennis-weather-2013/?p=2723620

I just saw that thread after I posted on here. It's only on its second page....Posted Image Bit slow on the uptake these days don't you know!Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

Bit slow on the uptake these days don't you know!Posted Image Posted Image

No worries Tamara! :good: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Mornin each. It's sunny.....aaaaaaaggghhhhh!! *thud*. Posted Image

Have a good day, everyone. Hope its sunny where you are. Posted Image

Always sunny here in MK.... and I had the unexpected pleasure of sharing a hot choc and sticky bun with a friend for elevenses  Posted Image

Posted

Bags of sunshine out there and a leisurely cycle ride revealed the latest ladies fashions for 2013 - are you girls paying a lot of money for so little material??? :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Bags of sunshine out there and a leisurely cycle ride revealed the latest ladies fashions for 2013 - are you girls paying a lot of money for so little material??? :shok:

Fashion!! What the devil is that? :O Fashion is for sheep.....a woman (or man) of elegance and style is an individual who is not affraid to wear what they look good in, regardless of what the fashion pundits say. In my case, jeans, tops and Tudor hats. Looks rather fetching with me long plaits. :D

Posted

.....a woman (or man) of elegance and style is an individual who is not affraid to wear what they look good in

Oh thank goodness for that, they've got a bit funny with me here at work today over my attire:

Posted Image

Posted

......... Pleasantly warm and low humidity is perfect for me and whilst perhaps a little less cloud from time to time would be ideal, equally it is good to get a little relief from day after day of strong sunshine. Plus the occasional light shower is ok to keep the garden a little fresher every now and then. .....

I must admit my summer weather preferences have changed as I get older. Years ago the hotter the better and I would soak up the sun at every opportunity either here or when abroad on holiday. These days I rarely sit out in the sun and my ideal temperature comfort wise is 23-25c.

While the summer hasn't been too bad here so far, it has been spoilt somewhat by the frequent cloud cover and that nagging wind. Both are pretty much absent here today and I'm happy about that, 19-20c is still a bit disappointing for late June though.

Have a good day folks Posted Image

Posted

I must admit my summer weather preferences have changed as I get older. Years ago the hotter the better and I would soak up the sun at every opportunity either here or when abroad on holiday. These days I rarely sit out in the sun and my ideal temperature comfort wise is 23-25c.

Still loving the sun and am lucky enough to be in the sunniest town in England (not that it says a lot currently!). Just the warmth on your skin and the fresh sea breeze is sometimes enough for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

While the summer hasn't been too bad here so far, it has been spoilt somewhat by the frequent cloud cover and that nagging wind. Both are pretty much absent here today and I'm happy about that, 19-20c is still a bit disappointing for late June though.

Have a good day folks Posted Image

Still loving the sun and am lucky enough to be in the sunniest town in England (not that it says a lot currently!). Just the warmth on your skin and the fresh sea breeze is sometimes enough for me.

I am happy between 18oC and 23oC , maybe the odd 25oC, difficult to enjoy if it is too  hot as it often get humid with it.

Posted

I am happy between 18oC and 23oC , maybe the odd 25oC, difficult to enjoy if it is too  hot as it often get humid with it.

I can do a tad more than that and still feel OK, maybe up to 30°C with a breeze or driving faster!. Current temp outside (with the new free weather station :lol: ) is 23°C and feeling very pleasant.