Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st June 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Well the cloud is getting brighter here - I might have to dig out my sun glasses at this rate Posted Image

Posted

I might have to dig out my sun glasses at this rate Posted Image

Cool! Posted Image

post-6667-0-04710500-1372079113_thumb.jp

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Not cool here...well not in my kitchen anyway ...... I've been on a bit of a baking frenzy and been experimenting with Rhubarb and Ginger sponge cake....smells okay, looks okay but it's too hot to taste yet Posted Image

Typical Wimbledon weather so far but hopefully we will see some new records set before the fortnight is over....

post-10773-0-80541500-1372078748_thumb.j

...personally I'd like to see another year like1993 - we are long over due some decent sunny spells !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Posted Image

Not sure how or where I will put the outside sensor, but a bit of fun if nothing else!

Edited by Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Midsummer, lunchtime: All the lights are on, the Aga's going so we don't need the underfloor heating, and I needed a jumper and a mac for the dog's walk. The beans have hardly grown at all since they were moved out of the greenhouse 3 weeks ago. And the BBC forecast sleet over the Grampian Mountains for last w/e.

Third or fourth successive write off summer in a row. I'm beginning to think 'Little Ice Age'.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Third or fourth successive write off summer in a row. I'm beginning to think 'Little Ice Age'.

As long as you aren't thinking Little Britain...

Posted Image

Still a long way to go before Summer is a write-off :good:

Posted

As long as you aren't thinking Little Britain...

Posted Image

Still a long way to go before Summer is a write-off Posted Image

No I reckon it's another write off. I can feel it in my bones. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, of course... but the air con in our car's been broken for 3 years now and I haven't missed it.

If you read contemporary accounts of the beginning of the Little Ice age the run of bad summers sound exactly similar and it only took a decade to become established. Sun spot cycle 23 is supposed to be at its maxima this year, but is 40% below average...

Edited by Iceni

Posted

No I reckon it's another write off. I can feel it in my bones. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, of course... but the air con in our car's been broken for 3 years now and I haven't missed it.

If you read contemporary accounts of the beginning of the Little Ice age they sound similar and it only took a decade to become established. Sun spot cycle 23 is supposed to be at its maxima this year, but is 40% below average...

Hmm, cheerful!! Posted Image I'm remaining open-minded and will look at our Summer retrospectively - then I'll whinge and moan Posted Image . The Daily Express has called it this way:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/409808/At-last-Gearing-up-for-some-glorious-summer-sun-Britain-to-go-tropical-in-85F-heatwave

So you could be right!! Posted Image

Edited by Coast

Posted

Posted Image

Not sure how or where I will put the outside sensor, but a bit of fun if nothing else!

Mine arrived today as well. A bit of fun as you say. A cloudy 16c here but at least the wind has finally eased off a bit.

Posted

Mine arrived today as well. A bit of fun as you say. A cloudy 16c here but at least the wind has finally eased off a bit.

Must have had a container in from China last week. I know they e-mailed to say there was a delay due to popularity. Now just got to use my abseiling skills to to get it onto a convenient location outside the office window....

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Posted Image

You could always put it outside?Posted Image

Posted

You could always put it outside?Posted Image

Never thought of that.... Posted Image  I'm going to be hanging out of this second floor window precariously later, if I'm not here tomorrow, please send someone down to the car park to scrape up the remains.

Posted

Mine arrived today as well. A bit of fun as you say. 

Have you read the instructions yet Martin, classic stuff!

post-6667-0-10158900-1372087435_thumb.jp

Posted

Have you read the instructions yet Martin, classic stuff!

Posted ImageWeather station.jpg

Haha.....I haven't opened mine yet Rob but those instructions are about par for a Chinese product, in fact I've seen a lot worse !!

I suppose I should be grateful I received mine at all, the postman just left it on the front doorstep, didn't bother ringing the bell even though I was in.

I used to have one of those Maplin weather stations which was ideal for what I wanted but the local cats destroyed it, much to my annoyance.

Posted

Must have had a container in from China last week. I know they e-mailed to say there was a delay due to popularity. Now just got to use my abseiling skills to to get it onto a convenient location outside the office window....

Posted Image

The Chinese really do muck up their shipping. I waited 2 months for a 'designer' handbag, lost patience after getting no reply to my multiple emails and instructed my credit card company to get the money back for me... then what do you know? The bag arrived after a couple of days. But the credit card had refunded the money, so that was another merry go round... in the end I got a free bag. (I noticed the enclosed Chinese receipt said it had really cost $30 dollars - as I'd paid three times as much for it, I didn't feel too guilty).

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Hmm, cheerful!! Posted Image I'm remaining open-minded and will look at our Summer retrospectively - then I'll whinge and moan Posted Image . The Daily Express has called it this way:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/409808/At-last-Gearing-up-for-some-glorious-summer-sun-Britain-to-go-tropical-in-85F-heatwave

It's not a matter of being cheerful or not cheerful, just accepting the reality. Even the sunny 'warm' spell we had a few weeks ago was accompanied by an almost icy northerly wind - although it was nice in the sun. It reminded me of a summertime trip to Norway a few years back.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

who the hell are vantage weather services??   well there web site dont work that well for me..

Posted

who the hell are vantage weather services??   well there web site dont work that well for me..

It's the latest guise of Jonathan Powell who ran into media 'scrutiny' last year. If you search long enough on here you will find the applicable information.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

That proves that every cloud really does have a silver lining...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Cool! Posted Image

Posted Image9.jpg

I was looking at sun glasses yesterday rather wistfully. I say wistfully because they were yummy Italian ones that cost over £100

* large sigh*Posted Image They had much slimmer frames and lenses than the ones you suggested to SR though for surePosted Image

I've bought some fresh Mackerel for dinner on my way home - now all I have to do is decide what I want to do with it (apart from eat itPosted Image ) *Decisions,decisions...Posted Image

Posted

*Decisions,decisions...Posted Image

It's a veritable nightmare Tamara! Posted Image

Posted

It's a veritable nightmare Tamara! Posted Image

Posted Image  Thats the bare bones of it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well it's great where I am, although there have been two mediocre sunsets so far. Posted Image

The weather has been dry to date, so maybe my thunderstorm curse is following me around. I was on the Isle of Wight the weekend before last and Colchester had a storm that caused local power cuts - I just experienced a few spots of rain.

I'll reduce my thunderstorm chance in the next 12 days to 90% therefore...

Still, I've seen Alpha Centauri and the Southern Cross; constellations I always look forward to seeing if I go far enough south. It must be a favoured time here.

I hope you all get some decent weekend weather! I might upload some pictures later, if I can take any decent ones!Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image  Thats the bare bones of it..

Careful then. I can still do the Heimlich manoeuvre in an emergency.

Edited by Coast

Posted

Careful then. I can still do the Heimlich manoeuvre in an emergency.

The choke would really be on mePosted Image