Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd July 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Back from a hot Dorking where is was 31.6C at one point, still very warm back home and a lovely day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Anyone see the CB just exiting the north coast of France?

Over on the convective thread Paul Sherman is convinced it's a right-moving supercell, and, with his experience, I'm not going to argue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Over on the convective thread Paul Sherman is convinced it's a right-moving supercell, and, with his experience, I'm not going to argue!

It could be heading our way, then? Yeah, right!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Is anyone else having trouble with flying ants? Im sitting in the garden right now and I've never seen so many. They are everywhere and keep landing on me! Also it just turned a little cloudy before - but the sun is out again, hopefully some storms later...

hiya, yea ants are an issue for us here today, of the flying variety!! Was a stack of them on patio..

Posted

Clouding over slightly when I left Uxbridge although the Heathrow temperatures were very much in evidence. Here in Surbiton there are small cauliflower clouds in the sky so the sun is going in and out. Hope we get some storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I'm starting to wonder if the activity with that big storm over the channel, and now what is appearing to destabilise in the channel itself ahead of it is a threat is a sign of what is to come through this evening

It will maybe start from the other side of the IOW

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

I'm starting to wonder if the activity with that big storm over the channel, and now what is appearing to destabilise in the channel itself ahead of it is a threat is a sign of what is to come through this evening

It's struggling at the moment, but there is a small amount of activity around Bournemouth on the radar. I'm still unsure at this point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Top temperature here today was 32.3c. Dewpoint of 21c. Blergh! Roll on the thunderstorms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

29C, still hot (obviously!) but thank God for that breeze! I think my sheep have melted though.....

Posted

hiya, yea ants are an issue for us here today, of the flying variety!! Was a stack of them on patio..

We've a big problem with those little thunderbugs today......can't remember the proper name for them. Anyone walking through our yard today got plastered in them 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

We've a big problem with those little thunderbugs today......can't remember the proper name for them. Anyone walking through our yard today got plastered in them 

Flying ants are GO here too.

As for my humidity sensor, think it is broken, still saying 20%

That cannot be right, I am more sticky than a post-it note and swear I would be dryer if I took a bath right now.

32.2oC in the shed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

It will maybe start from the other side of the IOW

Evening all from Croydon

The office is increasingly taking on the feel of a Mumbai sweatshop, fortunately the pays a little better.

I'll be paying close attention to radar returns and frequent obs. from members to the south of Croydon, hoping to have a trouble free (storm-wise) journey back home between 9.30/10.30, later on this evening.

Hope you all have a lovely, enjoyable evening, whichever side of the storm equation you sit.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

29C, still hot (obviously!) but thank God for that breeze! I think my sheep have melted though.....

My family used to keep Soay, they "loved" days like this (not) and would just camp out in any shady spots they could find.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Evening all from Croydon

The office is increasingly taking on the feel of a Mumbai sweatshop, fortunately the pays a little better.

I'll be paying close attention to radar returns and frequent obs. from members to the south of Croydon, hoping to have a trouble free (storm-wise) journey back home between 9.30/10.30, later on this evening.

Hope you all have a lovely, enjoyable evening, whichever side of the storm equation you sit.

Regards,

Tom.

There is this TomasPosted Image ..

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Content/image.ashx?type=lightning-12&time=

Posted

Is that cumulonimbus that I see forming over the Streatham-Clapham area? I've rarely seen a cloud develop so quickly as the warm air becomes unstable and moves upwards.

Posted

Is that cumulonimbus that I see forming over the Streatham-Clapham area? I've rarely seen a cloud develop so quickly as the warm air becomes unstable and moves upwards.

Yes (almost) I can see the cloud you mean from my loft in Twickenham! Another just to its north!

Posted

You think flying ants are bad ??. We have blocked drain/sewer problems in our little Close at the moment and the nice chap from whichever company it is has has just come round to literally lift the lid on the 7 or 8 manhole covers right outside our properties. I have just been physically sick.

Add to that an ear shattering shop alarm thats  been shreiking for the last 30 minutes or so and this is rapidly turning into a nightmare scenario on what is officially the hottest day of the year so far. Awful, just awful. Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

You think flying ants are bad ??. We have blocked drain/sewer problems in our little Close at the moment and the nice chap from whichever company it is has has just come round to literally lift the lid on the 7 or 8 manhole covers right outside our properties. I have just been physically sick. Add to that an ear shattering shop alarm thats  been shreiking for the last 30 minutes or so and this is rapidly turning into a nightmare scenario on what is officially the hottest day of the year so far. Awful, just awful. :aggressive::fool:

Oh crikey bb, what a total nightmare... Sorry to hear. Hope the alarm shuts off soon, or battery runs out.It's feeling very close isn't it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Thanks Tams,

That will come in useful, hoping that stuff over the French coast will track NE towards Calais, instead of crossing the Channel (Sorry non-Brontophobes).

But the cells firing up over W.Sussex/Hants, also need watching!

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Ive just spotted the first flying ant funnily enough, she had already lost her wings and was looking for a nice place to bunker down.

Edited by Mesoscale