Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 22nd July 2013 onwards

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Thanks Tams,That will come in useful, hoping that stuff over the French coast will track NE towards Calais, instead of crossing the Channel (Sorry non-Brontophobes).But the cells firing up over W.Sussex/Hants, also need watching!Tom.

The MLCAPE in the channel is predicted to increase and spread northwards this evening - hence the outflowing remains from that storm that has left the French coast could quite suddenly re-ignite. Not liking the path it is taking either from my own pov. The sky has been filling with mid level cumulus over the last hour or so. And as you say there are showers and storms that have developed in the western most parts of the region too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

You think flying ants are bad ??. We have blocked drain/sewer problems in our little Close at the moment and the nice chap from whichever company it is has has just come round to literally lift the lid on the 7 or 8 manhole covers right outside our properties. I have just been physically sick.

Add to that an ear shattering shop alarm thats  been shreiking for the last 30 minutes or so and this is rapidly turning into a nightmare scenario on what is officially the hottest day of the year so far. Awful, just awful. Posted ImagePosted Image

UGH!

This heat has kicked off my IBS and feel very ill with it.

Will I be eating this evening? will I as heck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Yes (almost) I can see the cloud you mean from my loft in Twickenham! Another just to its north!

Can see the anvil from that to the north of here in Croydon, from the office window.Another tower going up E/SE of here. The lift over the N.Downs, just to the south of here, seem to be initiating these cells, on this light SSW drift and increasing instability.Tom.

Posted

Watching in horror, as the blast of outflow from the Northern France MCS is killing off home grown convection in large section of the SE. Not satisfied with getting all the storms, the French send an MCS to deprive us of ours !

http://www.sat24.com/en/nl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still sunny here

Posted

rain alarm  picking up showers over  london  at  the moment

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Altocumulus towers going up to my West,North West :)

Posted

Still sunny hear in Dartford, few clouds, nothing spectacular, wind dropped right out. BBC weather forecast was interesting a lowest temperature of 23c in London, showed plenty of rain and storms for later on tonight.

How about my first ever totally on topic post :-) oh apart from this last bit, but I think I might get away with it, unless someone's point it out, by gum its hot and humid don't think I sleep tonight.

Posted

Thought next door were watering their garden and it was coming over the fence, but no the first few drops of rain, all over and done with in 30 seconds as the cloud moved eastwards.

Posted

Thought next door were watering their garden and it was coming over the fence, but no the first few drops of rain, all over and done with in 30 seconds as the cloud moved eastwards.

check out the next one coming in.. hoping it holds together and grows before it hits us

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/Home/ZoomRadar?lat=50.995&lon=2.709090909090909&z=7&x=521&y=486

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Still sunny hear in Dartford, few clouds, nothing spectacular, wind dropped right out. BBC weather forecast was interesting a lowest temperature of 23c in London, showed plenty of rain and storms for later on tonight.How about my first ever totally on topic post :-) oh apart from this last bit, but I think I might get away with it, unless someone's point it out, by gum its hot and humid don't think I sleep tonight.

My lips are sealed, chilled and calm awaiting a bomb!!

Posted

Not many clouds in the sky, but the rain is coming down, not making the ground wet however, evaporative cooling must be taking place, but can't feel it as its still hot.

That lasted all off 2 minutes, wife is now watering whats laughingly called a garden now known as the dessert.

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

The precipitation area in the channel due south of here is sitting there. Meanwhile over the French mainland the storms keep backbuilding from Le Havre southwards.  Maybe they are waiting for me to have my dinner before coming to say 'Hello'Posted Image ....*allawallah she says*

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

My German friend has just sent me there perspective of current storm warnings. Hopefully when I post this it opens up to shows the UK and Europe as a whole and not just Germany. Note the orange just outside our region to the west of the Isle of wight where the current storms are

http://www.unwetterzentrale.de/images/map/europe_index.png

Quite a widespread alert...

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Keeping my eye on that cell around the Guildford area perhaps? Looks to be homing in on SW London.

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

It's really got a move on into the channel in the last 15 mins

Yes, the outflow is being blown away from the south east :)