Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 11/10/13 ------------>

Methuselah

Posted

I'm informed the Hastings bonfire parade and firework display dodged the 'weather bullet' and went ahead last night. Unfortunately our local event planned for this afternoon and evening has been cancelled, not suprising given the weather we have had here today. As much as I enjoyed the storms here today, it's a shame to see this event called off at the very last minute.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/27561/Fireworks-to-light-up-Hillingdon-skyline

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Big puddles upto my ankles in some places, if we had anymore of that roads would be impassable

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Nothing eventfull here just some showers but every cloud has a silver lining or in today's case a rainbow.....

post-10773-0-98235900-1382287354_thumb.j

... and we still have the plum crumble to eat !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I go away for 2 days and my area gets storms, I missed out yet again!!! What a joke, I think I am storm cursed.We had some heavy rain this morning in Brixham though, with a faint rumble of thunder.Water has been out to get me today, we were on a beach this morning that is only accessible by a very large, uneven and steep set of stairs, when we started to asscend the stairs there was a small bit of watercoming down as we got just over halfway a huge amount of water started to pour down the stairs it was incredible. It made me realise the dangers of flash floods as it went from nothing to a large amount of water in almost no time.On the way back home in the car I was driving along the M4 when a car coming the opposite way hit a large puddle that engulfed the car, it was like driving through a waterfall. It was crazy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Went to the supermarket and came out to a cracking thunderstorm and fork lightning about an hour ago in Newmarket. A flash of lightning and instantaneous boom of thunder so the cell must have been right overhead — bit scary — I could smell the electricity. The rain was coming down like a curtain with all the roads awash. Now seems to have blown over.

Felt very smug in my new completely waterproof raincoat and hood as everyone else were sheltering with their shopping in the lobby.

What a mad country - at 2:00 pm it was bright and breezy and we ate our Sunday lunch outside. Passed lots of people walking home from their Sunday afternoon family/dog walks drenched to the bone.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted

I go away for 2 days and my area gets storms, I missed out yet again!!! What a joke, I think I am storm cursed. 

I think you are Meso. 3 thunderstorms here today, nothing spectacular but this afternoons was certainly the best this year for our neck of the woods.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Even though nothing else arrived after this morning's storm here, just the thrill of watching stuff on the radar and in the skies made today a very interesting day. Hopefully there will be further convective opportunities during this coming week.

• Like 1

Posted

Lots of rain today but no thunder and lightening in this neck of the woods.

Infact the only flash and bangs we have had are bloody fireworks going off!

• Like 2

Posted

Lots of rain today but no thunder and lightening in this neck of the woods.Infact the only flash and bangs we have had are bloody fireworks going off!

Reverse situation here SR. Thunder and lightning aplenty, but tonights local firework display has been cancelled due to adverse weather. The vagaries of weather eh ?!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. I've been tucked in bed for most of the day, this flaming cold has finally beaten me after a week. Not sure if we had any storms, but the racket my kids were making, would certainly drown out the noise. When I finally got up, the garden was partly flooded, and all the drains along the road where overflowing... So we certaining had some high rainfull totals. Just looking out onto the garden now, and the skies are clear and a bright but very low moon is shining. I guess that will all change in time for tomorrow's deluge.

Edited by LeighD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Reverse situation here SR. Thunder and lightning aplenty, but tonights local firework display has been cancelled due to adverse weather. The vagaries of weather eh ?!

Glad you got some T&L BB. It's a bit to early for a firework display don't you think? It seems now that all the shops are trying to bring all the seasonal events forward earlier and earlier. Take as an example Debenhams displaying Christmas goods in August.... The only fireworks we hear around here at the moment are kids and their bloody bangers, interspersed with the odd rocket.... Moan over 😄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Firework displays in Oct 20th? Bit early innit? This town loves its fireworks but I have to say I haven't heard any yet.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Had quite a lot of rain here, but no thunder... standard Posted Image

Posted

Glad you got some T&L BB. It's a bit to early for a firework display don't you think? It seems now that all the shops are trying to bring all the seasonal events forward earlier and earlier. Take as an example Debenhams displaying Christmas goods in August.... The only fireworks we hear around here at the moment are kids and their bloody bangers, interspersed with the odd rocket.... Moan over

I agree to an extent Leigh, but tonights firework display here was planned as a special one off to celebrate the re-opening of our local outdoor Lido facility following its recent refurbishment.

http://www.hillingdon.gov.uk/article/27561/Fireworks-to-light-up-Hillingdon-skyline

Sussex, on the other hand, is renowned for it's spectacular parades, bonfires and firework displays this time of year, and long may that tradition last. Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening folks, Well only few words to say about Next week's weather, Bloody awful, It all starts from early Tomorrow Morning. Persistent rain and quite heavy at times, Windy as well. Temps not to bad Fairly Mild. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just rain here, no storms, dark now and rather calm if a little damp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well this time next week, You would have had your extra hour in bed, Be getting dark at 5 pm, Remember clocks go back 1 hour on Saturday 26th Goodbye summer 2013 thanks for the nice surprise this year, Lovely and warm.

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

heres the fax update i have at present

i think flooding will be the watch next week

and some storms again on tuesday night- wednesday morning Posted Image

Posted Image

tomorrow

a gusty south west wind

temps

Posted Image

14-16 degrees

rain

gonna call sunshine and showers

some heavy and more noticeable in the afternoon

-------------------------------------------------------------

monday night

again a strong south west wind

not cold around 10-12 degrees

should stay dry

expect fog to appear again in selected spots

-------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

tuesday

a strong south west wind

temps

Posted Image

may sneak an 18 degrees here

rain

Posted Image

wet in the afternoon and some heavy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

tuesday night

a strong south westerly flow

note the trough set up similar to today

temps

Posted Image

note the upper temps drop

so around 12-14 degrees early

dropping to around 8-10 degrees by morning

Posted Image

heavy rain showing

500 charts

from this

Posted Image

to this

Posted Image

a pretty good chance of something stormy between the two times on the above charts

---------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

wednesday

again a strong south west wind

temps

Posted Image

around 14-16 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

no let up

some heavy but not likely to be stormy

more later Posted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Great pictures Lottie!

We are currently having another torrential downpour, my rain alarm going off left right and centre lol

A picture I took just after earlier's rain below. In the village where I work ; Eynsham, West Oxon.

post-15543-0-29398000-1382301180_thumb.j

Edited by Mark N
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

all this talk of BST vs GMT and I am thinking nature just has a natural clock, I used to keep horses and family had sheep and they needed tending when they got up, not when my alarm clock  said so.  I am all for GMT not because it is a better time, just because it is a time, and if you keep animals then you adhere to their time.

• Like 1