Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I'm still not convinced re this low on Christmas Day. I for one wish it would go do one. I have to drive over to Portsmouth on the big day itself and would rather not have to contend with big gusts driving along the wind tunnel that is the A27.

I must be getting old, your the second female I know that tells someone to "go do one", this 'phrase' is new to me.

Posted

I must be getting old, your the second female I know that tells someone to "go do one", this 'phrase' is new to me.

Aww thanks Jax first time in a very long time I have been called young. Guess I have been 'hanging out' on Internet forums with the youngsters for too long!
  • Like 2

Posted

Hmm maybe the Met O are thinking along the same lines

UK Outlook for Saturday 21 Dec 2013 to Monday 30 Dec 2013:

"Remaining unsettled throughout the weekend, often windy with showers or longer spells of rain, and a continuing risk of severe gales, mainly affecting parts of the north and west. Temperatures around normal or rather mild at first, especially in the south and east, becoming a little below normal in the northwest on Sunday. Thereafter, conditions look set to remain unsettled, with further spells of wet and windy weather, and some heavy rain at times. The north and west is generally most likely to see the wettest and windiest weather, however towards the end of next week, it may be southern areas bearing the brunt of the strongest winds. Fairly mild in the cloudier spells, but a little colder than average with overnight frosts during clearer periods, mainly towards the northwest."

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/

Edited by Sussex Jules
  • Like 1

Posted

Ahem.....wheeeek......Excuse me Mr Pike/Cpt Shortwave/Mr Mantle et al

Posted Image

Ginger piggie here........Errrm.... me and my fellow boar piggies are slightly worried about inclement temperature variations over the next few wheeks. Whee piggies can't do +/- Ten degC  variation  in short order........and quite frankly this weather is all over the place. So we're a tad concerned ref how  our hay supplies and personal comfort  from the Hooman Slave will be delivered, given the possible winds/floods and freezing weather forecast......and also how that said Hooman will help us given they have always been a tad mean about the central heating supply!

Any help/guidance to enable the Hooman Slave to mitigate sudden temp variations even for us indoor pigs would be welcome

OOops..Tia .the wifepig is here .....sssshhhhhh!

Posted Image

xxx

Hey, listen, piggies, this is Smokey, me and Benny could come to yours for Christmas if you like, its not that far flying, so long as its not too windy.

Benny can bring his blanket and we'll all snuggle under it, I'll bring the treats, a pack of sunflower seeds, and if you get a DVD in, we'll all have a great time.Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

however towards the end of next week, it may be southern areas bearing the brunt of the strongest winds

Ties in with the current NMM output and shows it sweeping in first from the SW late Wednesday afternoon. Not huge but 55mph + gusts are enough thank you.

post-6667-0-42783200-1387196955_thumb.jp

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Starting to feel a little colder then it was earlier here, not sure why, been cloudy and windy right through. Temp has dropped a little on the met office site for here. Is there such a thing as a chilly SW wind?

Posted

Ties in with the current NMM output and shows it sweeping in first from the SW late Wednesday afternoon. Not huge but 55mph + gusts are enough thank you.

Posted ImageMet O Wed gusts.jpg

Oh noes Coast what about your crimbo lights?! I shall have to have a drive down tonight or tomorrow and check them out or maybe I should just wait for them to be blown my way?!

Posted

Starting to feel a little colder then it was earlier here, not sure why, been cloudy and windy right through. Temp has dropped a little on the met office site for here. Is there such a thing as a chilly SW wind?

13'C at home! Madness! :):(

Posted

Oh noes Coast what about your crimbo lights?! I shall have to have a drive down tonight or tomorrow and check them out or maybe I should just wait for them to be blown my way?!

The laser is mounted inside, everything else could end up on your roof!!! (well better than getting nicked which is more likely around here...)

Do the Scottish have a word for the levels worse than dreich? I have a need to express how duff it is out there this lunchtime but the lexicon of rubbish weather words just doesn't extend to how truly awful it is today.

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted

Afternoon peeps. Not much to report, except same as you lot.  Damp and dreary. :(

Can't get motivated to do anything, been busy doing nothing all morning.  I hope I'm not coming down with something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's very bracing in Ippy, and dull and drizzly.

I've just eaten a whole bar of chocolate and now I feel guilty and I've got headache. I want the wind to blow me away now. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Posted ImageMet O Wed gusts.jpg

I assume they are gusts rather than sustained?

Posted

I assume they are gusts rather than sustained?

Sorry yes, gusts.

I want chocolate now.

Me too...

Here we go ladies, it's about as chilly, sorry chilli as you're going to get for a while!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

hi all

quick ensemble look

although will probably change later

ecm

temps

Posted Image

nothing cold

although big spread on the 23rd

3 degrees to 15 degrees on the 25th Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

note the 25th shows no wind right up to gales

the main run again right at the top of the ensembles

rain

Posted Image

wet

and some fairly big downpours there

differences showing on the 24th there though

gfs ensembles

Posted Image

warmish  cold  warmish  cold

wet

fi on the 23rd there as well as a big spread

so overall keep fi on the 23rd and ignore after for now

expect lots of changing to occur

especially between now and christmas Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon folks. It's dark as night here and just started raining quite heavily. Looks like the cold front passing through, though it seems very short lived.

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Afternoon folks. It's dark as night here and just started raining quite heavily. Looks like the cold front passing through, though it seems very short lived.

I think it must be, but I'm almost ready for bed here it's soo dark!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

Chucked it down for the Uxbridge school run, skies were so dark and the kids were so soaked walking home as were the parents going to pick them up! Stayed dark but showery all the way down the M25, and of course then it actually got dark....

I much preferred the foggy frosty stuff; hope none of the stormy output comes off next week.

• Like 1