Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes Frosts Woburn Sands really good afternoon and evening

It's lovely there - just up the road from me too :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Ahem.....wheeeek......Excuse me Mr Pike/Cpt Shortwave/Mr Mantle et al

Posted Image

Ginger piggie here........Errrm.... me and my fellow boar piggies are slightly worried about inclement temperature variations over the next few wheeks. Whee piggies can't do +/- Ten degC  variation  in short order........and quite frankly this weather is all over the place. So we're a tad concerned ref how  our hay supplies and personal comfort  from the Hooman Slave will be delivered, given the possible winds/floods and freezing weather forecast......and also how that said Hooman will help us given they have always been a tad mean about the central heating supply!

Any help/guidance to enable the Hooman Slave to mitigate sudden temp variations even for us indoor pigs would be welcome

OOops..Tia .the wifepig is here .....sssshhhhhh!

Posted Image

xxx

Edited by PiggiePalace
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just looked at the 0z and wish I hadn't. All the storms look stronger to my amateur eye.

The one possible plus, in fl, the last frame, it looks like a high is trying for Greenland, doubt it will still be there in the reliable though.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Morning all, up early for a trip to dirty Leeds from dirty Dartford, you can see a theme there can't you. Its raining out, but hopefully will run out of that in the midlands, feels mild.

First day on site for a £5million project for my company, which I got nothing to do with, didn't design it, didn't sell it, so should be good fun, its a biscuit factory so been told by the girls in the office to make sure I get them some, wouldn't want to be me if we forget. Have a great day, and see you all tomorrow.

Forgot the cricket update, don't bother, it ain't good, but we only want something like 442 to win with 9 wickets in hand and a day and a half left, I suppose just an outside chance of a draw if I'm feeling optimistic, which I'm not. As I was typing we lost another wicket, why do I bother?

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Morning all, up early for a trip to dirty Leeds from dirty Dartford, you can see a theme there can't you. Its raining out, but hopefully will run out of that in the midlands, feels mild.First day on site for a £5million project for my company, which I got nothing to do with, didn't design it, didn't sell it, so should be good fun, its a biscuit factory so been told by the girls in the office to make sure I get them some, wouldn't want to be me if we forget. Have a great day, and see you all tomorrow.Forgot the cricket update, don't bother, it ain't good, but we only want something like 442 to win with 9 wickets in hand and a day and a half left, I suppose just an outside chance of a draw if I'm feeling optimistic, which I'm not. As I was typing we lost another wicket, why do I bother?

Crumbs CK, that sounds like a big project, sorry too early for jokes.

Have a good trip and hopefully it doesn't rain all the way to Leeds.

Very mild here at 13.7c

Posted

Cheers Chris, it is, it's also the first one that I have had no input into, so for the first time my futures in the hands of someone else, its a strange situation, but as we are expanding then its something I got to get use to. I must admit to having butterfly's in my stomach about it, just the cash flow situation is worrying, but that why I employ people, so I got to go with the decisions. I'm working on a much bigger project which hopefully will come off and mean that we will have to double the size of the company again, so from twelve employees last year, by the end of 2014 we could be employing 50, that makes you concerntrate. Project I'm working on is only worth £21million over the next 21/2 years, must get round to telling the bank manager, must admit to feeling the pressure a bit lately, probably why my post have been a bit more serious. Hopefully we should get the first £3.2 million early in the new year. Help!

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

Any help/guidance to enable the Hooman Slave to mitigate sudden temp variations even for us indoor pigs would be welcome

Morning PP. morning all!

My 4 pigs are outside all year 'round and I built a hutch that is pretty substantial (thick marine ply) and use a bench cover to make sure they don't suffer from draughts or rain/sow in inclement weather, so I'm probably not best to advise here. But no sign of really really cold in the next few days, but at some point in the Winter we are going to see some sustained low temps and I guess you have to set your home thermostat to suit.

Very mild and slightly wild in Sussex this morning with a few big gusts in the night despatching the wheelie bins into another neighbourhood - I hope they find their way home again as I spent ages putting the house number on them.

So one working week to go and a nice break coming up. Shall I get the mince pies and mulled wine ready for everyone?

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, cloudy and windy this morning here, going to be a rotten week (weather-wise)

Oh ECM is being all scrooge this morning

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Morning all, cloudy and windy this morning here, going to be a rotten week (weather-wise)

Oh ECM is being all scrooge this morning

Posted Image

Posted Image

The net frame says it all, the strongest winds go right over us and for quite a while. Hopefully it changes for the better before then.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 2

Posted

it's also the first one that I have had no input into

Don't worry CK. I've done a  few big projects for a major biscuit manufacturer (the biggest I think) and they are very competent engineers to work with. I also asked for some samples to run at our factory once we completed the line and a pallet of chocolate digestives turned up - we only needed a box!!!

• Like 1

Posted

We don't look like escaping all the windy weather this week, with some 50 - 60 mph gusts showing up on the latest NMM run:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Hope you all had lovely weekends Posted Image

Weather wise, it's wet, but very mild.  We actually went to bed last night with the windows open and the heating off - the only down side to that was the rain keeping me awake half the night!

Not much longer to go before we get some time off over Christmas.  I think it was only that thought that got me out of bed on such a dismal morning!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Good morning all,

I just wanted to say stay safe this week, its looking like we will be battered on Weds and Fri....

And also Merry Christmas to one and all as im off tomorrow to Tenerife for 10 days so wont get a chance to say it.

Have a lovely break and dont drink and eat too much.

L xx

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Hope you all had lovely weekends Posted Image

Weather wise, it's wet, but very mild.  We actually went to bed last night with the windows open and the heating off - the only down side to that was the rain keeping me awake half the night!

Not much longer to go before we get some time off over Christmas.  I think it was only that thought that got me out of bed on such a dismal morning!

Morning SR and all,

I'm still in bed actually... Looks bleak out there but will have to get up soon which is a shame as today would make the perfect duvet day !

The weekend was great thanks apart from the weather which was not very seasonal...I really must get some Chrimbo cards in the post today and wrap some presents :-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning pick poppers,

Warm init? but I see that is due to change over the next few days.  Did not even notice the wind and rain last night (good ole double glazing), tried the lie in bit but up by seven.  Appears to be breezy and dull out not raining , all this observed through the window only as I have not been out yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi Guys

dont worry about the incoming low systems this week. Ive got the Major on the case to tell the weather off!!

post-11316-0-63308700-1387188135_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still forecast for double figures temperature wise for Christmas Day. I can handle no snow, but it should at least be cold. God forbid it is too warm for the Christmas jumper!

• Like 1

Posted

Still forecast for double figures temperature wise for Christmas Day. 

'Christmas time, Mistletoe mild and wine wind' Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Rain, wind and double figures here in The Swich. Perfect! Sorry snow fans. :) Quite a bit of wind this coming week by't look of it so I'm happy.

Hope you all had a smashing week-end. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Hope you all had a smashing week-end. Posted Image

Pop a doodle-tastic thanks!

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Pop a doodle-tastic thanks!

Posted Image

Smashey and Nicey. Lol. :D

Posted

I'm still not convinced re this low on Christmas Day. I for one wish it would go do one. I have to drive over to Portsmouth on the big day itself and would rather not have to contend with big gusts driving along the wind tunnel that is the A27.

• Like 1