Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Autumn/Winter 2014/15.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

High pressure... Yes please

If no proper cold is possible then it's a shame this high pressure can't stick around the rest of winter.

Some people call this weather boring, I sure as hell don't, it's great, fog & frosty at night but clear blue skies during the day, lovely jubbly as del boy would say.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Yeah, happy keep this dry weather through rest of Feb, then as we move into March, some lovely Spring warmth & showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

clear, sunny and now warm in the strong sun... very springlike.

• Like 3

Posted

My update from my post a few days ago saying Winter is over:

Winter is still over!

Let's hope for some proper warmth as we head into March...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It does look like temps will remain around average or just below, And the latest BBC monthly show temps creeping below average towards the end of the Month with the Atlantic firing up which will be a welcome after this stagnant grey (for some) up-coming period.. https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/22737-bbc-weather-monthly-outlook/page-31#entry3168736

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Warm for me is a t- shirt.That it is not.Long way to go before spring up here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Havent seen much sun in the last number of days just dull cloudy depressing stuff.  I like clear HPs especially in winter where they can give lovely frosts. So after very little snow this winter to get a mostly cloudy hp now is taking the p**s,i just cant win.  Did have some nice frosts at the start of last week,then the cloud arrived..................

• Like 1

Posted

My update from my post a few days ago saying Winter is over:

Winter is still over!

Let's hope for some proper warmth as we head into March...

But that's using the definition of Winter as basically "is it going to snow"

Max temp forecast for Epping by the Met Office for tomorrow is 4C, that to me is Winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

What a tediously boring February and end to Winter.

Well I think it's been bloody lovely over the past week with glorious blue skies and relatively mild temperatures. Leeming is on 36 hours for the first 8 days of the month - remarkable. I'm not in the mood for anything below average - I hope it all buggers off. Goodbye winter, hello spring.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

But that's using the definition of Winter as basically "is it going to snow"

Max temp forecast for Epping by the Met Office for tomorrow is 4C, that to me is Winter!

A very conservative forecast based on large cloud amounts. My location was only forecast to reach 5C today, it's currently sunny and 10C.

The current surface conditions have been a lot clearer than originally anticipated with only north western areas being affected by cloud.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I wouldn't mind that, but none of that here, 2 days on the trot very dull, icy wind, and a lot of rain for my location on Friday 13th, will be ages before sun shines here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

To me spring weather watching begins in earnest when a high pressure cell over the Uk, given favourable conditions is capable of delivering a pleasant 18-20C. The spring is then welcomed and I can forget about the cold for another 8 months. We are only about 3 weeks away from when that is possible. Obviously sometimes winter bites back, one swallow doesn't make a summer etc, but last year March warmth didn't really break?

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Well its just crazy watching the US. Im sick to the back teeth seeing them get all the winter again. Meanwhile the models continue to serve up utter tripe for us in the UK with horrid mild days. Not what I want at all in early to mid February.

Where is our northerly with -20 uppers? We never seem to get a break here. The Atlantic shouldnt matter if its a northerly, we just never get lucky like they do. Even Europe has struggled for the second winter in a row. Very worrying times indeed......

Edited by Winter Cold
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Looking at the beebs latest week ahead outlook any rain looks limited to western parts of the UK on Friday though at this stage they stay its just a threat as a lot needs to happen over in the US for the low to arrive

Into Saturday a ridge of high pressure builds with some sunny spells and temps of 8c to 10c maybe higher in any longer spells of sunshine

Sunday sees a deep low to the west of the UK this looks like heading to Iceland with its weather fronts pretty weak so mostly dry again for the UK though maybe quite cloudy

Then potentially another spell of high pressure dominating for at least the first half of next week dry for most with NW Scotland at risk of some rain from the south westerly flow

So basically bar a possible blip at the end of the week it looks settled and fairly mild for the foreseeable

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Last of the sunny days today as the cloud takes over and we max out at 4-5 degrees. Spring has sprung !!!

• Like 1