Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion - 01/09/14 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Just had some drizzle to provide some excitement to the night shift! :laugh:

Keep the good storm footage and photos coming folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning

Wow nice! Good to see pics from Ireland, you guys have done pretty well recently I think.

Thanks! Being honest, I expected nothing more than a few offshore flashes, not a storm like this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Thanks! Being honest, I expected nothing more than a few offshore flashes, not a storm like this!

Wow! The last few minutes of that video where epic, especially when you ran to cover the camera,close one or what!

Thanks for sharing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Gah, I'm so jealous. I've had absolutely nothing since August and some people have had ten storms this week alone! I've had a few showers this week, some of them pretty heavy, but they've all be thunderless unfortunately. Shame, but hopefully those who got them have enjoyed them! :)

Edited by ScottRichards10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sky lighting up very nicely here with flashes every few minutes from what seems to be a storm out to sea towards Plymouth way. :)

EDIT: Stunning show right now with lightning every 20-40 seconds now. Some incredible IC Lightning and strobe type lightning really lighting up the sky here, illuminating the cloud whilst the rest of the sky is clear. Beautiful.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Heck of a storm here at the moment!

I bet!!!

Its amazing just to watch here in Falmouth so must be incredible there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I bet!!!

Its amazing just to watch here in Falmouth so must be incredible there!

These storms seem to be for the south coast and kent, not really making any progress north, into London!

Posted

These storms seem to be for the south coast and kent, not really making any progress north, into London!

Yeah I wouldn't expect anything inland until tomorrow afternoon now. Risk all night for us coastal areas though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Strange night here on the IOW, keep getting pockets of small but Potent storms pass by or close by! Nearly all of them produces a positive strike and the thunder is loud! Had 2/3 very loud ones and the last strike was right overhead almost. One minute lightning is request and the next it's like 1 strike every 15 minutes! Either still a fun night just loving this year for storms :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Yeah I wouldn't expect anything inland until tomorrow afternoon now. Risk all night for us coastal areas though.

Strange night here on the IOW, keep getting pockets of small but Potent storms pass by or close by! Nearly all of them produces a positive strike and the thunder is loud! Had 2/3 very loud ones and the last strike was right overhead almost. One minute lightning is request and the next it's like 1 strike every 15 minutes! Either still a fun night just loving this year for storms :p

How bad/good is it for your locations? Is there flooding/ hail etc?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and thunderstorms, snow in winter

Been woken up again by a cracking storm here. Lightning every 20-30 seconds, some of it very vivid and followed by shotgun thunder! What a great thundery week this has been!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Some very heavy showers in the last couple of hours, drying up now.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Netweather storm forecast for today: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Last day of storms until perhaps sometime next week, probably later in the week the next opportunity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Not counting on it but after yesterday's thunder shower in Bristol on the one day of the week when thunder wasn't on the menu, I'm hoping for something today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Very heavy rain here at the moment, preceded by a few flashes of lighning and many rumbles of thunder, this on top of a storm that passed through in the early hours of this morning!

What a year it's been for storms!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

How bad/good is it for your locations? Is there flooding/ hail etc?

There wasn't really much rain to be honest, but we kept getting little bursts which is also where the thunder and lightning was aswell :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Netweather storm forecast for today: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Last day of storms until perhaps sometime next week, probably later in the week the next opportunity.

GFS playing around with something coming into the SE and far east of East Anglia through Sun night and Monday off the continent, WRF have it clipping the east Norfolk/Suffolk coast on Monday afternoon. As you say though, for most of us though it looks like today is the last day for at least a short while and this risk posed in the east will most likely be out to sea anyway. I just thought maybe worth me mentioning it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Just had another heavy downpour, torrents of water running down the road!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite a big cell out in the Severn Estuary at the moment. Moving in a more favourable direction this time but I still can't help thinking it will largely miss Somerset-Bristol area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Re: IOW storm at about 4 this morning:

Woke up and saw it on bztung so scrambled into the spare room camera in hand waiting for it to pass over but it literally fizzed out at that moment a few miles inland.

Wonder what stopped it? Would have been awesome had it carried on - was heading in the right direction.

Favourable outlook today though - last few days have had storms on the horizon each night which is ok but I'd like at least one overhead one!

Quite a good few days storm-wise though!