Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

But how far inland will it reach

are we just looking at West yorkshire?

I think West Yorkshire is best placed to be honest as it stands, but things do and will change. W Yorks may not even end up with anything.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

Mild ramper Darren bett said snow for us tomorrow night!!

• Like 1

Posted

well I said I wasn't going to watch the look north forecast and wish I hadn't

But they are still saying they are unsure how far east that weather system tomorrow night is going to get!! so who knows!

Posted

well I said I wasn't going to watch the look north forecast and wish I hadn't

But they are still saying they are unsure how far east that weather system tomorrow night is going to get!! so who knows!

look north and paul hudson nearly always play down the chances of snow and are nearly always wrong. So wouldn't worry too much about that forecast. If the gfs is to be believed could be some decent snowfall in places.

Obviously west yorkshire at highest risk but north and south yorkshire could get some two.

• Like 1

Posted

I don't think any one will truly now until tommorow afternoon when the precipitation isn't too far away.

This could be one of the now cast events when things just develop in our favour with a lengthy fall of snow in places. Has happened many a time were I live : )

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Yes, i think your right HC. Its going to be a case of radar watching this time tomorrow and see how intense or not its looking. Am I right in thinking its actualy 2 fronts, which are going to merge? That could pep it up a bit.

METO website shows snow Tuesday night and all day Wednesday so hopefully well get the first one overnight and then it might ease off a bit before its replenished Wednesday. Hope so anyway :)

Having looked at the radar right now over Ireland, its is already looking a bit of a broken up front. Not the usual strong solid areas of yellow and orange. We'll just have to wait and see :)

• Like 1

Posted

I must admit its the first time I personally can remember so much uncertainty 24hrs out...the weather forecasts seem wishy washy as to whats expected very non committal. 

Posted

Couldn't agree more with HC....the best snowfalls have always been the surprise ones...when nothing was expected...hopefully the irish sea can have some effect.........

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Curse of the cloud striking here. Temps rising slowly perhaps no air frost tonight.

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Yes, i think your right HC. Its going to be a case of radar watching this time tomorrow and see how intense or not its looking. Am I right in thinking its actualy 2 fronts, which are going to merge? That could pep it up a bit.

METO website shows snow Tuesday night and all day Wednesday so hopefully well get the first one overnight and then it might ease off a bit before its replenished Wednesday. Hope so anyway :)

Having looked at the radar right now over Ireland, its is already looking a bit of a broken up front. Not the usual strong solid areas of yellow and orange. We'll just have to wait and see :)

I think it's just going to be the one front pushing though but almost getting stuck over us, of which it will start pushing a tad back west. (By this time though the front will be broken and precipitation quite patchy.

Some people think because the front is expected to be quite patchy especially as it reaches as far as it's going to get east, that all the outbreaks are going to be patchy and light. But this isn't the case,  there will be heavyier patches that could last some time two. It will be a lottery come this time tommorow wether we get in any of these heavier spots, but if we do it could be a case of looking at the radar and thinkin YE! Some nice echoes on the radar heading my way, then once under it could be slow to move, back build or anything.. : ) At that point the game would certainly be on. 

As always though some will inevitably miss out, dam gaps or much lighter precipitation patches.

• Like 2

Posted

I think it's just going to be the one front pushing though but almost getting stuck over us, of which it will start pushing a tad back west. (By this time though the front will be broken and precipitation quite patchy.

Some people think because the front is expected to be quite patchy especially as it reaches as far as it's going to get east, that all the outbreaks are going to be patchy and light. But this isn't the case,  there will be heavyier patches that could last some time two. It will be a lottery come this time tommorow wether we get in any of these heavier spots, but if we do it could be a case of looking at the radar and thinkin YE! Some nice echoes on the radar heading my way, then once under it could be slow to move, back build or anything.. : ) At that point the game would certainly be on. 

As always though some will inevitably miss out, dam gaps or much lighter precipitation patches.

lol more and likely it will be barnsley that misses out as were in right in the middle!!

• Like 2

Posted

look north and paul hudson nearly always play down the chances of snow and are nearly always wrong. So wouldn't worry too much about that forecast. If the gfs is to be believed could be some decent snowfall in places.

Obviously west yorkshire at highest risk but north and south yorkshire could get some two.

Paul Hudson hates a bad spell of weather think it's because he's got to do some work!

• Like 1

Posted

Paul Hudson hates a bad spell of weather think it's because he's got to do some work!

Probably because his house in keighley once got flooded.

Was doing work experience as a kid at the leeds met office (not open any more) and paul hudson came in one morning looking like **** and in a foul mood, turned out his house had got flooded overnight  :rofl: . 

Couldn't understand why someone in the meteorological profession would decide to live in a flood plain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Snowing light - moderate here in southeast Sheffield. Started off as ice pellets, 20p size flakes now though.. A nice fresh dusting which will freeze solid by morning !

• Like 1

Posted

Yes just looked outside to see it snowing lightly-ish all surfaces covered!

Edited by Cheese Rice
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer Sunshine / Winter Snow

Light snow here too...even the slightest of dustings here so the dew point must be sub zero.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

LOL we've sneaked a snow shower. Never saw it fall. Could well melt before morning though.