Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

MetO here say potential for 3-4" overnight...

Though anything would be nice!

Good to see York in the warning area, especially after it being the border for snow in march 2013 and the Boxing Day event last year. I'm driving from malton to Leeds in the morning around 8.30. So if I miss out here I'm hoping to see some on my journey.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just watched bbc weather on news 24 and it looks very sporadic to be honest. Looks like arriving into our region around midnight. Then by early hours has moved away. Would be very surprised to see any meaningful accumulations. Perhaps the highest peaks may see a good few centimetres. But for rest of us looking at that forecast I would say a dusting at best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Evidence of the band pepping up across Northern Ireland, probably an injection of moisture from the front skating down through Ireland. 

Posted

Just watched bbc weather on news 24 and it looks very sporadic to be honest. Looks like arriving into our region around midnight. Then by early hours has moved away. Would be very surprised to see any meaningful accumulations. Perhaps the highest peaks may see a good few centimetres. But for rest of us looking at that forecast I would say a dusting at best.

I wouldn't rely on the BBC graphics at the stage, especially for PPN, they'll often struggle in these situations. :) wouldn't right it off yet. (The forecasts have been flipping from showing a fair bit of PPN to patchy in the past 24 hours, so they're still struggling)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

As far as I'm aware, the BBC forecasts are based on Euro4 modelling (please correct me if I'm wrong), so if there is uncertainty at the moment with regards to precipitation amounts from one run to the next, the BBC forecasts should be taken at face value

Radar watching is the best method for forecasting from now on in my opinion.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Such a shame i have to be out from 2.30 to 9.30. Would have loved to watch this event unfold. 

• Like 1

Posted

afternoon all, met office forecast is for just light patchy snow for a cpl of hours early morning, so not expecting anything at all, current temp 2c dew point 0.9,  certainly need them temps to come down quickly

Posted

Did anyone catch look north this afternoon? I missed it

Yep, looked better than I expected - and even better for you down in Barnsley! Still uncertainty as to how far north the main precipitation will get and indeed what it will fall as but all in all it looked fairly promising.

• Like 2

Posted

Met office showing a good 12 hours or so of snowfall for West Yorkshire and it's coming in at Night aswell you couldn't wish for a better scenario.

Edited by Love Snow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Look at tonight and tomorrow for my nearest weather station (Ranmoor) snow all night and all day tomorrow. Some heavy and an ice day :D BRING IT ON!!  :cold: :cold:

post-19114-0-55800400-1421762911_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

I'm just up the road from there! Looking forward to tonight..I'll be mainly radar watching :)

• Like 1

Posted

On my way up to Leeds this evening, staying until Friday on business.  Looks like I've chosen a good time, to coincide with a potential snowfall.  Current met office forecast looks good.

• Like 2

Posted

On my way up to Leeds this evening, staying until Friday on business.  Looks like I've chosen a good time, to coincide with a potential snowfall.  Current met office forecast looks good.

I'm on a train up to Leeds at the moment... I'm feeling hopeful!

• Like 1

Posted

Moving at a snails pace though, hard to see it here before 9pm right now.

• Like 1

Posted

Moving at a snails pace though, hard to see it here before 9pm right now.

The later the better In my opinion, give more time for temps to drop. Also, most of the models I'd looked at over the past few days didn't have PPN reaching the region until after 9pm at least? So that sounds as expected to me. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Yep, looked better than I expected - and even better for you down in Barnsley! Still uncertainty as to how far north the main precipitation will get and indeed what it will fall as but all in all it looked fairly promising.

didn't think it was great to be honest. South yorks looked good. But for West Yorkshire looked like a very messy picture of rain and sleet with some heavier burst of snowfall towards Halifax.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot sunny weather.

didn't think it was great to be honest. South yorks looked good. But for West Yorkshire looked like a very messy picture of rain and sleet with some heavier burst of snowfall towards Halifax.

Typical

Posted

Band looks to be pepping up alittle on raintoday :)

And not where I thought the heaviest precipitation would be.

Edited by joggs

Posted

cant believe how quick the temp is dropping here, was 2.1c at 2.30pm now currently 0.4c, hoping temps keep dropping to increase the chances of snow rather than rain