Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Nice heavy sleet with huge snowflakes thrown in for good measure:)

Posted

Didn't last long. Back to sleety muck and cover being obliterated!

Edited by 101_North

Posted

Yep rain here now too.............but lots of it. Wind picking up a bit too. Vile

Posted

Images on this thread by Keith Lucky are epic :)

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82247-saudi-arabia-weather/

That's just nuts getting snow there, same as Greece and North Africa getting it too! Whits gawn on wi you weather? I think we've been very patient and suspect it's only going to be blizzards from now on here :)

Edited by grifter
  • Like 1

Still very wet. Would imagine the grass is pretty saturated now

I'm not being funny or weird asking this NUT but I don't get that last bit about the grass. Sorry for being thick, it's been a long day at work :D

Posted

I'm not being funny or weird asking this NUT but I don't get that last bit about the grass. Sorry for being thick, it's been a long day at work :D

Neither do I ;) You know with all the water falling must be soaked (I know the front outside the house the puddles are getting quite big)

Posted

Between 3-4 inch snow cover following yesterday/last nights showers. Few showers earlier today, progressively turned to sleet as the day has progressed though

Edited by Northern Strath

Neither do I ;) You know with all the water falling must be soaked (I know the front outside the house the puddles are getting quite big)

I know what you mean now. Our back garden floods with every passing shower in winter time, in summer time the grass cracks up as it dries out so much.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the 12z runs spit out, if Thursday's low runs through at the right latitude we'll be in for some snow (not all of us at once though, some might get it and others may well not)  :D

Edit: Latest UKMO take on the Thursday storm, with yesterday's 12z for comparison (charts posted in that order). Looks pretty windy for the whole of the UK at times, rather than only the south?

post-2844-0-31831900-1420993167_thumb.gipost-2844-0-17606800-1420993166_thumb.gi

Latest GFS and GFSP seem to take a fairly similar track, but the low is more elongated*. Big, big snowfall for the hills in parts of the NW of the country on the GFS and GFSP.

* no it's not, it's the different perspectives used on the Net-W chart viewer compared to the Meteociel viewer :doh:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Barely any rain at all here, just a few spots in the wind, as usual in this kind of set up. Continuing on from December when Leuchars recorded 28mm of rainfall, Glasgow 176mm and Tulloch Bridge 262mm.

Was out for a walk and nice to see snowdrops out in sheltered south-facing parts. Also the little yellow flowers - possibly called aconite but don't quote me on that!

• Like 1

Barely any rain at all here, just a few spots in the wind, as usual in this kind of set up. Continuing on from December when Leuchars recorded 28mm of rainfall, Glasgow 176mm and Tulloch Bridge 262mm.

Was out for a walk and nice to see snowdrops out in sheltered south-facing parts. Also the little yellow flowers - possibly called aconite but don't quote me on that!

Similar story here with the rain, it was disconcerting yesterday that the Tweed was so high when there had only been a couple of hours of heavy rain. If this westerly theme continues for the rest of winter then it'll be you against me for the most snow free winter :(

Edit: The GFS and GFSP look quite snowy, although the precip type charts do over emphasise the extent of the precip. Here's the plain precip chart compared to the precip type chart. Still looking good though, these are for Tues morning but there's loads of snowy looking charts from tomorrow onwards  :D

post-2844-0-31333700-1420994248_thumb.pnpost-2844-0-23623300-1420994249_thumb.pn

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Looks like cold air coming back after 6pm tomorrow. Could be an interesting night if those charts are to be believed.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Raw and damp here with a cold Westerly. An interesting week to come I think with at least some snow potential for all. I note that Fergie over in the  MT is stating about there being some concensus about high pressure towards the end of the month but not being sure of the flow. Did indicate possible anticyclonic South Westerly which I don't think would suit us much. A good bit off so best to enjoy what this week may bring. :)

• Like 4

Posted

I might as well be in prison, just stuck in like a caged dog (feel ruff!) - absolutely teeming down still and been all day. Hope it's going to stop soon!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edit: Now way it's actually stopped - I did notice a little opening on the radar but didn't want to tempt fate. I think though I'll probably be eating those words quite soon though (Which is fine because I've been boredom eating all day)!

Edited by grifter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

Yuk yuk n more yuk.rain hammering down n wind howling round the building.

Have not set foot outside the door aw day although wen lookn out the bak a while ago I realised stupidly id left the peg bag attached to the washn pole, probably last yr sometime!!

Result is nae pegs n the things whirling about like a kite.

Am one of those weirdo that

don't peg they're undies oot n I mind there was defo a sock n a bra in the peg bag that had found its way into the washn basket

So sumdy in fifes Gonny get a surprise the morn in their garden!!

Woooppppsssssssssss.

• Like 3

Yuk yuk n more yuk.rain hammering down n wind howling round the building.

Have not set foot outside the door aw day although wen lookn out the bak a while ago I realised stupidly id left the peg bag attached to the washn pole, probably last yr sometime!!

Result is nae pegs n the things whirling about like a kite.

Am one of those weirdo that

don't peg they're undies oot n I mind there was defo a sock n a bra in the peg bag that had found its way into the washn basket

So sumdy in fifes Gonny get a surprise the morn in their garden!!

Woooppppsssssssssss.

With the way the weather's been there'll be some bloke in Norway with a sock and an over shoulder boulder holder landed on his head....love it :D

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: long snowy winters, fresh spring, balmy summers, and cool crispy autumns

With the way the weather's been there'll be some bloke in Norway with a sock and an over shoulder boulder holder landed on his head....love it :D

lol. Poor guy. It wasn't one of my finest specimens either hahaha

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

If it's big enough Catch, then the guy can maybe sling shot a Scandi High over here!

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted

Brilliant lol

Don't say I didn't take one for the team hahaha

• Like 2