Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Trying to fathom out the MT. Have to admit I'm a little confused, perhaps as the emphasis is all doon South related. Some snow tues? Then possibly in the severe winds wed/thurs?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

BBC weather suggesting cold air coming back here at 12pm tomorrow! Very strange.

• Like 2

Posted

I'm by no means an expert but I'd say that's a pretty weak looking polar vortex by day 8. I know things can and will change but if we get a NH pattern close to this then our opportunities for some decent cold will surely increase. If I'm wrong then feel free to correct me but that looks markedly weakened to my untrained eye.

18_192_mslp500arc.png?cb=467

• Like 3

Posted

Yup. Showers turning wintry again by morning. Did you see the precip forecast for Wednesday rush hour i think? Looked like a period of snow across the central belt. That was after what looked like some good snow showers from tomorrow night onwards!

UK beeb forecast not going past tomorrow, fergie mentioned they'll be putting the snow warnings out tomorrow so they're probably waiting for that detail first.

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I fully expect

LS is completing his full detailed analysis of the week ahead and posting around 11.45pm for us all to read before going off to bed.....or maybe I'm just hoping :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Dunno about where any of you guys are, but it has been a bit blowy here tonight!

Some big gusts still as I type.

Big Innes

Eh naw, nae Beans involved!

Edited by Big Innes Madori
  • Like 4

Posted

Dunno about where any of you guys are, but it has been a bit blowy here tonight!

Big Innes

Naw, nae Beans involved!

kind of got used to the constant drone of the the wind outside, been blowing since lunch here.

• Like 1

Posted

Big Innes

Naw, nae Beans involved!

Yes very windy here too house shaking again. Currently 5.9c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Not really that windy here on the Black Isle yet - looks forecast to pick up soon though. Fortunately no repeat of last Thursday's beanfeast nightmare.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Snaw cover lasted here tae aboot mid afternoon.

Do you still have any snaw cover there NL?

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Becoming increasingly windy up here too. Blasting the side of the house and making it shake. I really don't fancy losing power again. It's relentless now.

Posted

Very windy house creaking...ghosties!!

• Like 1

Posted

Snaw cover lasted here tae aboot mid afternoon.

Do you still have any snaw cover there NL?

Big Innes

Just before dusk about 4.30pm the usual shaded areas near woods and out of the wind had snow still lying but near steading and house where we are getting the full force of the wind nothing remains. I expect some to survive till the cold air arrives tomorrow in these shaded areas as we had quite frozen ground late last night.

• Like 1

Posted

Aye it's fair blowing outside tonight, rattling everything. A grim day, with snow melt to boot. 3C

Had a wee chuckle earlier. My lass speaks the Gaelic and informed me that the people in the house down the road think they have named their house "Little House" when in fact the Gaelic on the sign at the end of the drive translates to "Toilet"..

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 5

Posted

Wednesday looks like the central belt will see some 80mph +  gusts! Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Posted

Anyone know if Gulberwick Weather/Shetland Coastie/Shetland Bob has got electricity back/survived?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Aye it's fair blowing outside tonight, rattling everything. A grim day, with snow melt to boot. 3C

Had a wee chuckle earlier. My lass speaks the Gaelic and informed me that the people in the house down the road think they have named their house "Little House" when in fact the Gaelic on the sign at the end of the drive translates to "Toilet"..

Are you not going to enlighten them? :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

Are you not going to enlighten them? :whistling:

Aye if I ever meet them I guess I should HC, it could prove troublesome if a bus load of revellers was ever traveling home that way from the Mod..

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Aye if I ever meet them I guess I should HC, it could prove troublesome if a bus load of revellers was ever traveling home that way from the Mod..

Taigh Beag is not a name you want for your house!

In a similar vein, if you are a foreign couple and go for Taigh Na Galla (house of the non-Gaels/non-Highlanders) - lets just say that the Dutch and Belgians used to offer additional services in their Invernessian hostels!

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Anyone know if Gulberwick Weather/Shetland Coastie/Shetland Bob has got electricity back/survived?

I think most of Shetland had the electric restored now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Campers! Another very blowy night up here, still blawin' a Hoolie! No let up in the winds for this week by the look of things, maybe some quiet by the weekend! As to snow, well, every forecast I look at tells me something different, so I guess I'll have to take what I get and like it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Groundhog day.

Blawin a hoolie an pishin doon again.

MetO have sleet later, snaw the morn, snaw on wednesday, sleet n snaw thursday, then snaw Friday.

Whit's the chances I'll see a few flakes in the next few days?

7.6 °C.

I think most of Shetland had the electric restored now.

Just in time to lose it again then.

• Like 1

Posted

Groundhog day.

Blawin a hoolie an pishin doon again.

MetO have sleet later, snaw the morn, snaw on wednesday, sleet n snaw thursday, then snaw Friday.

Whit's the chances I'll see a few flakes in the next few days?

7.6 °C.

Just in time to lose it again then.

Your chances a lot better than mine !!!

Your chances a lot better than mine !!!

I can feel your pain, although (not to rub it in) my chances are better than yours, but that doesn't really count for much, does it? The charts look very good for snow for areas north and west of a line from about Ardlui to Perth and up to western Aberdeenshire (ok, so it's a squiggle). I'm fairly underwhelmed about any snow chances down here after being overly optimistic at the weekend.

I think the Met-O will need to revise their wind warnings for Thursday's storm to include areas north of the Border. It has been a real pain to nail the track, intensity, shape and effect of the low and there may well still be minor changes which can have a major impact. Having said that the models have done well with modelling the existence of the low from quite far out, not sure if that's only my opinion or if anyone else feels the same?

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Carol kept saying snow above 100m for later today and tomorrow so looking like low ground will miss out againm