Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Last night

post-16218-0-82473800-1422615185_thumb.j

Lol me in garden last night! My phone had gone funny in the snowy weather plus it was dark in back garden

post-16218-0-94205700-1422615243_thumb.j

Im having same problem with iphone, the first pic was landscape. Although i have emailed them from my iphone to my ipad and uploaded...still sideways lol

God its scary that second ne photo lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Last night

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lol me in garden last night! My phone had gone funny in the snowy weather plus it was dark in back garden

attachicon.gifimage.jpgIm having same problem with iphone, the first pic was landscape. Although i have emailed them from my iphone to my ipad and uploaded...still sideways lolGod its scary that second ne photo lol

Have a look at the link I provided, it might help. There seems to be an argument that Apple do it "The right way" and others do it the wrong way, I happen to disagree and so do thousands of other users on the Apple forums. I've never had the issue on a Lumia but then again, they are known for being camera-centric.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Looks like rain out there, its not raining, just looks like rain clouds,,,there is some ppn coming down from scotland on the radar on raintoday but what is it going to be? Ive heard thats it till early this week but then ive just read the meto forecast and netweather on fb and they keep mentioning snow to low ground this evening and saturday evening and dry on sunday and back to cold and wintry tuesday. Bbc weather map showing snow on tuesday for leyland.

Have a look at the link I provided, it might help. There seems to be an argument that Apple do it "The right way" and others do it the wrong way, I happen to disagree and so do thousands of other users on the Apple forums. I've never had the issue on a Lumia but then again, they are known for being camera-centric.

Ah thankyou, i will check it out, apple do my head in lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

it's 6.7C here at the moment, it will inevitably reach 7-8C if it keeps on with the sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

it's 6.7C here at the moment, it will inevitably reach 7-8C if it keeps on with the sunshine.

It really is a joke isn't it, well unless you don't like snow. I'm a bit more hopeful we will see some of the white stuff saturday night/ sunday morning as a more organised band of showers push south in a northerly, so hope less modification blasting right in from the irish sea. Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Upto 4.5C IMBY. A pretty rapid thaw is underway now...

Posted

Noticed that the Met office warnings has been extended to cover the NW for snow showers overnight

Was about to post the same thing! Now if they could just upgrade those pesky "wishbone" ones for Sun and Mon!!! :)

Posted

Good stuff for sat/sat night

I will be out and about tomorrow night till the morning so I should see if those showers make it here. I fear they will break up inland as it usually happens in a straight northerly.

We need Tuesday's trough to move further east as at the moment it looks like missing us completely!

Posted

I'm not to sure it looks patchy in places as it moves down from Scotland. But time will tell

I will be out and about tomorrow night till the morning so I should see if those showers make it here. I fear they will break up inland as it usually happens in a straight northerly.

We need Tuesday's trough to move further east as at the moment it looks like missing us completely!

Agree but still worth a mention though as these move south, some will see snow

post-23289-0-47173600-1422623162_thumb.p

post-23289-0-42669700-1422623170_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Agree but still worth a mention though as these move south, some will see snow

potential for most parts there...looks dry for Bolton and Cumbria though :nonono: (Only joking LOL)

Hope You get some snow after missing out so far

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A very fast thaw underway. It's sad to see even the 8 inches up the top of dovestones disappear.

Posted

potential for most parts there...looks dry for Bolton and Cumbria though :nonono: (Only joking LOL)

Hope You get some snow after missing out so far

C.S

Yes one to watch the Met O wouldn't have put a warning up for the whole region for the fun of it.

Yes thanks been really poor here so far, even though I'm used to it It's still incredibly frustrating. I despair when people who get far more still moan. Glad you finally got some, sounded fun late last night, can't believe how late some people stayed up.

Edited by Polar Climate

Posted

Pretty much all the covering of snow we had overnight has thawed now though not surprising when you have temps of 5.2c, that's one thing that's been lacking around these parts "cold daytime maxima's". Tonights projected activity should provide some more interest for us in the NW and maybe we'll see some lower daytime maxima's tomorrow so we can actually enjoy any accumulated snow before it all thaws away. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Those new warnings are mainly for ice...snow reserved for coastal regions....next proper snow chance will be mon tue, unless of course another polar low pops out of nowhere.

Posted

Just a brief melt today, temps 2.2'c in Buxton, but there'll be a shock to the system come tomorrow into Monday where temps will struggle to get above freezing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

5.5C and virtually all of our lying snow has now gone.