Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted

The slight covering has thawed :(

5.5C and virtually all of our lying snow has now gone.

well fed up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Yes one to watch the Met O wouldn't have put a warning up for the whole region for the fun of it.

Yes thanks been really poor here so far, even though I'm used to it It's still incredibly frustrating. I despair when people who get far more still moan. Glad you finally got some, sounded fun late last night, can't believe how late some people stayed up.

indeed

paying for it now though,could not resist missing the holy grail (PL)

Been very lucky here at 59m asl

Lets hope there are more snow opportunities for everyone

C.S

Posted

Yep, nearly all of our covering has thawed now. Id rather it do that that linger about as brown slush for the next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Those new warnings are mainly for ice...snow reserved for coastal regions....next proper snow chance will be mon tue, unless of course another polar low pops out of nowhere.

Are they? From the Met for Sat

Further sleet and snow showers will affect parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland from Saturday morning,with snow falling to lower levels and extending further south through the day.This will lead to some large accumulations on high ground, with some settling at low levels too.These will be associated with strong winds (gusts 50-60 mph across northwest Scotland) so drifting and temporary blizzard conditions are likely.Some longer spells of sleet and snow are also possible, especially across the high ground of Scotland and northeast England.The public should be aware of the potential for disruption from these conditions.This warning will be kept under review and  updated as and when necessary.This is an update to bring forward the start time of the warning and extend the area southwards.
Following a temporary less cold period on Friday and into Saturday morning,a very cold airmass will spread southwards across Scotland and Northern Ireland accompanied by strong winds,spreading southwards into northern England and north Wales later in the day.
Frequent showers are likely to form in this airmass, and with the cold air snow is likely to accumulate, even to low levels in places.
Edited by Polar Climate

Posted

Been off Internet because of poor connections ,how much snow did we get ??..

Two centimetres that have now gone. Have you been to Teide?

Posted

Looking at the models it looks like the conditions are favourable for snow from later this evening and overnight, but the MO seem to think from Saturday day onwards.  I hope they are wrong even though I feel they will be correct! lol

Posted

Usual tabloids saying Armageddon here ,anyway back home Sunday :(...

got a layer of slush which has gone now ...This is my disappointed face :(

back home on Sunday that went quick

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Your not on virgin media by any chance? Lol oh no your on hols arent you. Was just saying cause internets been down here over two hours!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

Maybe the odd snow shower feeding into NW England over the next 4/5 days, however nothing too significant (away from the usual suspects on high ground of course.)

Last night was 'our' night its fair too say, and it proved to be another anti-climax for many of us.

Posted

Your not on virgin media by any chance? Lol oh no your on hols arent you. Was just saying cause internets been down here over two hours!

I keep having trouble on here it just keeps saying Internet has stopped working and then goes back to home page but yet I can access other things like met office no problem

Maybe the odd snow shower feeding into NW England over the next 4/5 days, however nothing too significant (away from the usual suspects on high ground of course.)

Last night was 'our' night its fair too say, and it proved to be another anti-climax for many of us.

it sure was a big fuss over nothing here

Posted

Ive actually had more snow here from and easterly than I had over the last past few days at least I managed to build a snowman from an easterly I could not even make a snowball from the slush I got and too look outside now you would not even known that it had snowed until I glance over to the hills and I see white .

Most fed up will definitely not be getting my hopes up again or the childrens.

Posted

Today has been rapid thaw day, just got back in after work and 3in of lying snow this morning is disappearing quickly.  Could have done with skipping today and gone straight to Saturday because temps are going to get much lower and the snow would have held for longer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

When is the warm/mild sector due to move out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

When is the warm/mild sector due to move out?

By tomorrow afternoon/early evening really, but will still be colder overnight tonight as temps drop. Dew points have remained fairly low today!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

snowing here! never expected that

Posted

so is it safe to say the the front moving from Scotland will be rain away for hills

With less moderation from the Irish sea, it could be snow. But the problem is there will be less energy in the system due to its long track over land.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

snowing here! never expected that

Wow! Heavy?