Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat

Thunderbolt_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

snowing here! never expected that

That answers my question!!

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Yay met office forecasting snow showers to low levels tomorrow night-nothing better than the anticipation of snow when you don't have to get up for work the next morning or have to travel in it-glass of wine PJs on, heating on full and the snowflakes falling bliss!!!-I love snow but, when your worried if you will get home or not or, dreading having to drive to work in it (self employed so can't just phone in and say I can't make it in) it's much better when you don't have to worry

Posted

Yay met office forecasting snow showers to low levels tomorrow night-nothing better than the anticipation of snow when you don't have to get up for work the next morning or have to travel in it-glass of wine PJs on, heating on full and the snowflakes falling bliss!!!-I love snow but, when your worried if you will get home or not or, dreading having to drive to work in it (self employed so can't just phone in and say I can't make it in) it's much better when you don't have to worry

Agreed! I stayed up till 2am so when the alarm went off at 7:30 I wanted to throw it our of the window! However, beggars can't be choosers so I'll happily receive it anytime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Clouded over again here after a beautiful sunny day, getting quite cold again now.

That answers my question!!

What questions that?

Posted

Clouding over now sky looks snowy or is that just wishful thinking??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Clouding over now sky looks snowy or is that just wishful thinking??

It looks snowy to me too

Posted

â„ï¸ Can see the showers out west/nw....â„ï¸â„ï¸ Got huge clumps of snow falling off roof, wonder if we will have the roof avalanche we had week back, made huge roar and then massive pile of snow! Hit one of our neighbours haha....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Clouded over again here after a beautiful sunny day, getting quite cold again now.

What questions that?

I ask a question last page. I said when is the mild sector move out?

Posted

Meander around glossop and hadfield this morning.... Train was cancelled so went to mettricks butcher and got friday steak night dinner!

More snow in hadfield town centre than glossop town centre, slushfest..... Managing to keep snow up here but temp is now on the fall....

post-16439-0-72861000-1422631892_thumb.j

post-16439-0-45119600-1422631929_thumb.j

post-16439-0-55553400-1422631971_thumb.j

post-16439-0-44798100-1422631999_thumb.j

Posted

Surprisingly still got a good inch atleast of snow left after the drizzle and sun today. Paths and side roads are a slushfest. Gunna be dangerous tonight when it all refreezes!

I'd love more snow, but feeling content atm after the last 24 hours!

Posted

It looks snowy to me too

i thought so but I can see blue sky again now lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Round 2 tomorrow night then???. I'll get the beers in.

Posted

Looks good on Saturday night, but I'm more hopeful of the Monday night/Tuesday potential snow event.

Longdendale trail first thing!

Will,

thats really nice, where is that - is it suitable for dogs ?

Edit - Realise where it is now, wanted to do that a few weeks ago - is it full of snow ?

If so, i'll do that circular walk tomorrow.

Edited by Dr. Astro

Posted

Ironically, the 12z GFS has a heavy band of precipitation over us tomorrow morning (when the uppers will be above -5c) and a light fragmented band for tomorrow night when the colder uppers will be moving in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Looks good on Saturday night, but I'm more hopeful of the Monday night/Tuesday potential snow event.

Look at the latest GFS, you may be disappointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Tuesdays trough doesn't reach us as I understand it.

Think some of you need to take a step waaaaay back instead of analysing each run and taking it as Gospel.

Read Fergie's post..

Some clarity re Mon-Tues. Some people here seem to be over-reacting to how UKMO warnings are currently laid-out, plus perhaps some misinterpretation of modelling.

The current warnings into Tuesday (in particular) show E coastal threat of snow showers, because there's higher confidence that the set-up will inevitably lead to these. Conversely, the warnings do NOT currently include anything else across the UK. This is NOT to be misconstrued as UKMO convinced there is no threat of disruptive weather elsewhere: indeed, far from it. It's merely because we are in a lull period - one of careful reflection, if you like(!) - to gather stock of what may or may not be looming into that period.

The threat of disruptive snow *somewhere*, currently rated as 40%, is evident from the UKMO-GM 06z output for Tuesday, with the development of a secondary feature signalled in a number of models (since yesterday) to feed south across western areas. This development evolves from a northward extension of a baroclinic zone, then being engaged and invigorated by a diffluent zone up aloft set to come out across Greenland and then over Iceland. Whilst cross-model support for the upper air pattern is good up to early Monday, the outcomes then diverge markedly - and these key upper sensitivities are crucial to what happens next. Anyone attempting to be prescriptive or offer detail on what will happen is simply bonkers, or misguided. This forecast headache isn't going to resolve speedily!

One thing that is quite evident, however, is how a continued veering of flow Mon-Tues will ensure the country sits under a reservoir of cold air with little scope for marginality in the sense of what we've had this week.

So, it's way, way too premature to either write-off snow prospects for W Country into Tuesday especially, nor 'big them up'. We are in a period of huge uncertainty.  I think the problem is folk seeing GFS runs through the day and over-reacting to each and every one, rather than taking a step back and appreciating the overall trend/patterns (as opposed to freaking-out over inter-run nuances way out at lead times of T+72+).

Edited by Dr. Astro

Posted

Look at the latest GFS, you may be disappointed.

Looking at GFS rain forecast at the best of days is ridiculously inaccurate, when there ppn is coming from a trough in an unstable airflow it's downright useless.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

A possible north easterly been mooted in model thread, i know easterlies are rubbish for us but not sure about north easterlies....anyone with more knowledge than i  know if there any use for us.......ta