Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Little flakes falling here and its dry snow not the sleety slush we've had for the last few years. Don't think its going to be here for long but nice to see!

Posted

Why couldn't it be a little more south :(

Welsh Mountain Torque :D

Hey Zeph, we'll get something in the coming days, I'm sure. All these near misses are exciting, no?

Posted

Oooh Yeaah still coming down nice!

Little flakes falling here and its dry snow not the sleety slush we've had for the last few years. Don't think its going to be here for long but nice to see!

YAYA!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Yes Andy. Need a more eastward push. One last push!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

01:45 update is a bit worrying! I expected to to start moving more Eastwards than it is doing. If it carries on like this, we'll see the scraps on the Eastern side of the band. If it starts to pivot Eastwards in the next 20-30 minutes, we would be in business for a covering.

This is going down to the wire!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

01:45 update is a bit worrying! I expected to to start moving more Eastwards than it is doing. If it carries on like this, we'll see the scraps on the Eastern side of the band. If it starts to pivot Eastwards in the next 20-30 minutes, we would be in business for a covering.

Can see clouds now just to the North and West.

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Which radar are you using? -0.3*C here up from minimum of -0.5*C.

Posted

The trough has some nice little streamers behind it now. Incredible what can happen out of seemingly nowhere. Another coming through Northern England that could straighten up with the isobars. Colder uppers behind each would be my guess, so it's all good.

Posted

Strarting to belive i could get a dusting keep edging south

Hey dude I think you're in a prime spot for a dusting. Let's hope it keeps intensity as good as it can when it gets there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Which radar are you using? -0.3*C here up from minimum of -0.5*C.

The Net Weather premium radar. Costs about £24 a year I think. Well worth it in my opinion!

(I'll have the money I earned from that plug paid into my paypal please Paul) :rofl:

Seriously though, been using it for about 6 years and it's the best radar out there.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

pretty moderate now here!

Where are you snowgeek? Please put your location in your profile. It helps us all gauge what's going on around us. Cheers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

The Net Weather premium radar. Costs about £24 a year I think. Well worth it in my opinion!

(I'll have the money I earned from that plug paid into my paypal please Paul) :rofl:

Seriously though, been using it for about 6 years and it's the best radar out there.

Agree - I use it too.

Posted

Where are you snowgeek? Please put your location in your profile. It helps us all gauge what's going on around us. Cheers!

sorry thought it was on there, will add now. I'm moreton in marsh area...

Posted

sorry thought it was on there, will add now. I'm moreton in marsh area...

Thanks and welcome. Up in the Cotswolds (but in a valley!) look forward to many more nowcasts from your locality.