Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Stopped now but left a good 2cm or so. Big flakes. A welcome surprise. Worth staying up till 3:30am.

Our attention turns towards the North now though! I'm going to try and get soke kip but i'll set my alarm for about 6:30am and see what the radar looks like then.

The trough that kept on giving. If this is what we can expect over the next few days - I'm defo ALL IN!

Here here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'm actually gobsmacked, you wait hours and hours and its over in minutes, but the chase is well worth it. Amazing stuff, easily pleased me. 

Posted

That trough is like a perfect picture arrowhead on the radar. I'm naming it the arrowhead trough in memory!

arrowhead.jpg

Picture courtesy of: © Meteogroup 2015

Edited by kumquat

Posted

Last one from me, as going to sleep. Some more pictures at the end of the snow.

post-15543-0-43411800-1422675825_thumb.j post-15543-0-39008400-1422675884_thumb.j

post-15543-0-22827900-1422676003_thumb.j post-15543-0-34170000-1422676045_thumb.j 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Last one from me, as going to sleep. Some more pictures at the end of the snow.

attachicon.gifIMG_2994.jpg attachicon.gifIMG_2986.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_2997.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_2995.jpg

Loving it :D

Gotta say, your road looks similar to my ex's road! She lived in 'Mark road' which is quite apt :D used to be up in Headington quite a lot at the start of 2014.

Posted

Loving it :D

Gotta say, your road looks similar to my ex's road! She lived in 'Mark road' which is quite apt :D used to be up in Headington quite a lot at the start of 2014.

I live on Valentia Road just next to Brookes Uni.

That trough is like a perfect picture arrowhead on the radar. I'm naming it the arrowhead trough in memory!

arrowhead.jpg

Picture courtesy of: © Meteogroup 2015

Funny you say that I screenshoted radar images as I was thinking the same!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well, I'll now have to clear my car before heading home!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

What the fffffff???? Iv just woke up to nearly 2 inches and it's throwing it down and the radar is full of . Epic fail by the met . I said in the mid thread that the ppn over northwest England has the mids name on it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Yep snow here too.. Now that was a surprise! Only realised when checked my phone and Facebook and friends are grumbling! Lol..

Posted

What the fffffff???? Iv just woke up to nearly 2 inches and it's throwing it down and the radar is full of . Epic fail by the met . I said in the mid thread that the ppn over northwest England has the mids name on it

I know bit of s shock heh? Although the met office app does have a light shower for me at 4am I think so I'll give them that ... Then rain for the rest of the day. Oh what will it be!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Huge flakes here in Reading at around 3am, left an inch or so, more showers to arrive however temperatures (DP and T) has increased now to 0.6C and 1C respectively ...

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow and storms

Woken up to a light covering of snow here in Arborfield. Very nice surprise and all the better ithat it's Saturday morning and don't have to go to work so can enjoy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: HOT SUNNY

Morning all, I too have woken up to a covering of snow.... BAD news is now the temp and dew point have shot up and it's started to rain!

Dew point was -1.2 now 0.8

By by snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Woke up to an inch at 4am , a bit of sleet since but turns readily to snow when gets heavy. A slight thaw but nothing really . Been up ever since . And I have to got work at 7am to open the shop lol not sure how many punters want there hair cut this morning mind !!!

Posted

Car said 4 degrees here, weather station was 2.9 when I left for work......warm again! (in terms of cold and snow :()

Rain/Snow on radar over my location, nothing actually falling to ground though.

Posted

Frequent rain/hail showers. Temp 5C with northerly wind 25mph gusting 45.

South West England Headline:

Staying cold and windy with further sleet or snow showers.

Today:

A cold and frosty start for many with bright spells and wintry showers this morning. The showers may become more prolonged for a time this afternoon, with some snow accumulations over the moors. Feeling very raw in the strong winds. Maximum Temperature 6 Â°C.

Tonight:

Some further sleet or snow showers likely overnight but also clear spells in between. Very cold with a widespread frost and ice risk away from the far southwest. Minimum Temperature 0 Â°C.

Sunday:

A few, mostly light, wintry showers, these gradually dying out. Turning brighter with sunny spells developing. Winds a little less strong but still feeling cold; a very cold night following. Maximum Temperature 6 Â°C.

Updated: 0250 on Sat 31 Jan 2015

post-12275-0-46921200-1422686868_thumb.p

Edited by knocker

Posted

Raining in North Somerset

Edit: Not sure what I was expecting there are NO cold uppers at the moment. Not until later this afternoon the -5 pushes in.....

Edited by MPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Surprised to see so much ppn on radar, sadly rain at the moment though going by SSIB there may be a covering on the hills, I'll see when it get light :)

Posted

Surprised to wake up to a covering of snow this morning in north Hampshire. Probably no more than 0.5cm, but a covering all the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather...heavy snow and heat waves

Glad to see you guys have got some snow at last. Hope it lasts until the morning for you. More for next week hopefully.

What's it like on the moors this morning SC ?

Posted

The band of precipitation that gave a covering of snow in north Hampshire passed through at about 3.30-4.00am. Another band id due very soon, but the temps have risen a degree or two so this one will probably be of rain. We'll see.

Posted

The band of precipitation that gave a covering of snow in north Hampshire passed through at about 3.30-4.00am. Another band id due very soon, but the temps have risen a degree or two so this one will probably be of rain. We'll see.

alas sleety as it is going through Newbury and rainy ..boo