Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Right, this band of SNOW is right on our doorstep now. Some pretty heavy bursts in this as well.

If this goes wrong now, i'll be absolutely livid! Haha.

Posted

at least 1cm now

Thanks and welcome. Up in the Cotswolds (but in a valley!) look forward to many more nowcasts from your locality.

thanks for the welcome kumquat. nice to see some fellow snow obsessed folk on here!!

Right, this band of SNOW is right on our doorstep now. Some pretty heavy bursts in this as well.

my fingers are crossed for you. i think you will do ok

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It has reached Witney,Carterton,Chippy Norton,Woodstock. Nearly here, come on, few more miles. Eynsham just starting thats where i work.. bring it east lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I work pretty much right next to the highest point in the Chilterns, might need a drive up there when I've finished in the morning!

Posted

at least 1cm now

thanks for the welcome kumquat. nice to see some fellow snow obsessed folk on here!!

my fingers are crossed for you. i think you will do ok

Oh - most of us are jealous already (just the 1cm). It's truly excellent to have another snow monster here. You'll be very welcome in the South West thread of Netweather which is just about the most friendliest around!

Posted

Oh - most of us are jealous already (just the 1cm). It's truly excellent to have another snow monster here. You'll be very welcome in the South West thread of Netweather which is just about the most friendliest around!

Absolutely, Welcome mate! 

Clouding over here now, moon now gone hazy. 

Posted

cheers. loomed here for a while but its time to start doing a bit of typing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Brum should have got a little pasting - any reports?

Yes you are right west mids got pasted about 4cm here so far hope it gets to you guys so we can all get in on the action

Posted

larger flakes now, so this system has plenty of precipitation left in it for those east

Posted

I work pretty much right next to the highest point in the Chilterns, might need a drive up there when I've finished in the morning!

Got to be done matey! It's so close now I can almost taste it :D

I know I must sound like some hyper kid but this morning, I totally wasn't expecting to see any snow for the foreseeable future. So for this to pop up at such short notice and you couple that with the fact i've only seen a sugar dusting of snow in 2 years...

Makes me very excited at the prospect of a covering :D

Posted

Hey kumquat, the near misses are fun I have to laugh at how close they are sometimes but like you say we will get our chance I'm sure of it. Fun times though this model watching and radar watching, just got to love the weather! :D

Posted

I know I must sound like some hyper kid but this morning, I totally wasn't expecting to see any snow for the foreseeable future. So for this to pop up at such short notice and you couple that with the fact i've only seen a sugar dusting of snow in 2 years...

Ditto.

Posted

and there is tomorrow night/early hours which might also bring some interest!

Posted

well that was a nice suprise, 3rd time lucky to get the snow to stick in last 24 hrs so I'll take that for now. :yahoo:

Posted

It's taking an increasingly easterly track now! Even the newly issues Met Office ice warnings mention the possibility of a couple of cm even for southern England.

Posted

2cm now and pretty heavy. certainly heavy relative to not having seen a flake last year!

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

just got to love the weather! :D

I think he went to bed.

Posted

Frustrating currently, moon dissappeared can see the orangey sky to the West, yet still starry just to my east, and nothing yet!

Posted

It's taking an increasingly easterly track now! Even the newly issues Met Office ice warnings mention the possibility of a couple of cm even for southern England.

Awesome :D

I don't Adam n Eve this, it's actually intensifying as it moves towards Oxford! So many times i've seen snow fizzle out or turn lighter just before it reaches my location. Both up in Leicester and down here!

Frustrating currently, moon dissappeared can see the orangey sky to the West, yet still starry just to my east, and nothing yet!

Oh it's on it's way Mark :D give it another 5 mins and I expect to see the first flurries!

This is gonna fall on frozen ground too. Ground was frosty and icy when I cycled back from Radley at 11:30pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms

Bullseye!:)

Posted

Awesome :D

I don't Adam n Eve this, it's actually intensifying as it moves towards Oxford! So many times i've seen snow fizzle out or turn lighter just before it reaches my location. Both up in Leicester and down here!

Oh it's on it's way Mark :D give it another 5 mins and I expect to see the first flurries!

This is gonna fall on frozen ground too. Ground was frosty and icy when I cycled back from Radley at 11:30pm!

It's along a trough so it's actually got something to hold it together, rather than "pop up" showers that rely on the heat of the sea.

Looking at the road temperatures they are well below freezing, will have no issue settling as we've seen in the Midlands tonight. It will melt quite quickly through the morning but hey it's something.