Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England & East Anglia - Weather Chat >> 1st Feb Onwards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Maxed out at 4 degrees today but working in the shade and in that wind felt bitter and working outside for a living can honestly say it was the coldest I have felt in 2015.Just thawing out now with a nice cuppa and biscuit :) !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Hotspur 61, big win needed for our beloved apurs 2mora? COYS.

Spurs!!!!

I will be at WHL tomorrow praying for a win against our neighbours from South London lol.We need to be at our best to get something and they need to have off day. On the weather theme at least the biting wind should have subsided so wont feel so cold.COYS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Won't really be frosty though?? Unless the less cold uppers are now on the way out... 

Depends how long it takes the thicker cloud to our north to arrive.

The NMM shows below freezing surface temperatures by midnight for just about all of us

nmmuk-0-17-0.png?06-13

-3C over parts of Cambridgeshire.

The temperatures will lift above freezing when the cloud arrives though. 

Posted

Afternoon everyone! If anyone's interested I have a rather unorthodox, totally unscientific way of predicting a very cold spell. Ive just arranged my moving house date and as im doing all the donkey work myself I reckon its odds on to be a freezing blizzard type weekend with a foot of snow on....7th march!!! :)

Or, of course, there'll be an unprecedented early heatwave.  Every time I've moved the temperature and humidity seem to rocket while I'm packing and reach close to 30C on the day.  A bit early in the year for that of course but you never know...

Posted

You do not need cold uppers for harsh frosts once skies clear it will tumble down at this time of year. Nice outing Tamara and Tom :) when I was younger I couldn't stand when my mother said get inside quickly as soon as a snow shooted down, I like to be at one with natural world. Hot chocolate and Jaffa cakes sort of day!

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Been looking online  at property in Moselle, France..... cold winters with more snow and catch the storms that brew in France and drift NE to Belgium in the Summer...... got to be better than this!

Posted

An unsceintific way of assessing how uncold the latest spell has been, is to see how many horserace meetings were called off in the UK. Not many is the answer. In proper cold spells racing is usually sidelined for all turf meetings and for at least a week or even a fortnight

Posted

This is BORING .

HP should be in place for summertime! wettest Summer on record no doubt.

About relocating based on weather climes not a good move do what is best for you.

I'd to like to see more snow but I have 0 incentive to relocate up a deserted 'highest hills'. :p

Posted

I'm moving and losing 35 feet in elevation.  Am I the only sad one who looks at elevation when home hunting for those marginal snow events? lol

Posted

I'm moving and losing 35 feet in elevation.  Am I the only sad one who looks at elevation when home hunting for those marginal snow events? lol

Some oop north base it on entirely on elevation you could end up with a haunted house. :rofl:

Beautiful today bright sunshine blue skies winter is still firmly in place, chilly NE'ly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Afternoon everyone! If anyone's interested I have a rather unorthodox, totally unscientific way of predicting a very cold spell. Ive just arranged my moving house date and as im doing all the donkey work myself I reckon its odds on to be a freezing blizzard type weekend with a foot of snow on....7th march!!! :)

Best of luck with the move!

I can offer another olive branch in that in a weeks time I'm off to the Lake District for half term week. I've no doubt that'll coincide with the arrival of a screaming easterly which will be bone dry up there but deliver copious amounts of snow down here!  :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely end to the day here, time to do my Friday evening shift. 

Posted

Won't really be frosty though?? Unless the less cold uppers are now on the way out... 

That's good news then. A full programme of horse racing tomorrow. Frost is a pointless irritation tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Not been a bad day here, plenty of sunny spells but a bitter wind, looks like the wind stays around tomorrow too with some rain about....looks like the start of next week will be cool too BUT ...it is winter so to be expected :D

I notice late Tuesday a cheeky E'ly again before switching to a SE...which may not feel mild either.

If there is an E or SE'ly wind off a very cold continent snow can fall up to -1c at 850Hpa and thicknesses can be as high as 537dam as the air is dry and very cold..................IF ONLY it was that simple LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

You know winter is more or less over when the BBC wheel out Jay bloody Wynn

Posted

There is a lot of doom in here and I dont know why? I've read in The Sun today that we are being gripped by the Beast from the East! Day time temps feeling like -4,and its staying like this for at least 4 weeks as we are getting very cold air from Russia,and they said the info comes from the M.O. so winter is here!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

That wind is cold! Lovely sunshine though. Lose the breeze and it can stay like this for a few weeks as far as I'm concerned. Not seen a decent high over us since summer, about time.

Posted

I had a similar thing on 18 January two years ago. The poor blokes had to install my replacement windows in a howling easterly in temps of about -3 with snow settling all over them.

Posted

ECM showing the HP to wane and eventually the Atlantic claws in, not mild either. In a blustery most airflow, hopefully this starts gaining momentum as HP dominated is as boring as you can get in February.

post-19153-0-24390800-1423248298_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*