Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted

Clear sky with temp 9.2C and a light easterly. Better make the most of the next couple of days I feel. Saturdays  chart but I wouldn't take this as set in stone

Chart weatherbell

post-12275-0-59726800-1429595752_thumb.p

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Wall to wall sunshine here again today, maxed out at 20.1°C.  A tad chilly on Chesil this afternoon, but pleasant.  Several fishermen, mapantz, but they didn't seem to be catching much. :whistling:

Posted

Wall to wall sunshine here again today, maxed out at 20.1°C.  A tad chilly on Chesil this afternoon, but pleasant.  Several fishermen, mapantz, but they didn't seem to be catching much. :whistling:

Yep, beautiful. Only just lost the sun over the hill.

Your Red Kite just flew over Lyn-m. We don't see them very often here either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I am beginning to forget what cloud looks like!

Don't worry you will soon forget what clear skies looks like and what warmth feels like...  :rofl:   :cold:  :help:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Enjoy tomorrow, one final day of warm sunshine before the more traditional (used to be) mix of April Showers comes to us all. Personally, I'm not too sure how much oomph they will have and whether mid to late next week doesn't eventually see a return to the overall dry theme for most this region. Cold in the wind no doubt but still some pleasantness about, outside of the rain and showery outbreaks. A shock for Mother Nature but a necessity for farmers and gardeners alike (aside from continuing frosts) given the dryness of late. 

Quite pleased with my April prediction in all fairness which was....

"April is going to be a progressively warm and dry one methinks, at least in my neck of the woods." predicted on March 30th.

Current rainfall total notably down (still time for plenty more of course) at 9.8mm, approximately 20 percent of expected tally.

Mean Temperature of 10.2c (should drop a fair bit lower in coming days) is 1.4c above average when compared to the norm.

Anyways, after tomorrow, everything bar the kitchen sink might provide us all with some classic weather watching entertainment.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Oh great that is the worst possible fax chart at just 4 days out for our weekend plans!

Stratocumulus beginning to break up and burn off, so some sunny spells now after a grey morning so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloud breaking up giving some good sunny spells. 13.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

15.2°C and blue skies again.

Looking at the charts, it looks as though my area will miss most of the rainfall. Apart from some rain during Friday night/early Saturday morning, the daytime doesn't look too bad. The forecasts back this up as well. Areas slightly further North and West are likely to be less fortunate, though..

post-15177-0-51209600-1429795307_thumb.gpost-15177-0-49256000-1429795311_thumb.p

Posted
A cloudy start today which was different, however another lovely sunny afternoon has developed. Temperatures only average though with cooler air off the sea giving a max of 13.2C.

You'd think from the uppers of +8C that today could be a lot warmer in places, parts of France are 25C with the same uppers and they are similar to last week when the SE got 25C.

I am beginning to forget what cloud looks like!

It was the same with me until today

I had been in Morocco for a week ending last Wednesday, and when I arrived it was just as warm in Egham as it had been in Morocco by the coast.. and ever since I got back it's been sunny (apart from some high/mid level cloud on a couple of days).. so have basically experienced very little cloud for over 2 weeks.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy with some sun filtering through. Misty valley. 16.0c. Breeze light..

Posted

Blimey Charlie, it's raining.

You can keep it John, I am enjoying another pleasant and bright, though hazy/breezy, afternoon!

Posted

Enough rain to dampen the ground earlier (0.2mm, wow).. but nothing useful, a mostly cloudy day though, not used to the dullness this afternoon.

I'm still not convinced we will get much rain here, the showers tomorrow could easily miss and then not much forecast in the reliable timeframe. Just 5.8mm so far this month and 3.4mm needed to beat April 2011 and not be the driest month I've recorded.. I guess it's more likely we will get that by months end but you never know.

Edited by Evening thunder