Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Slow start again but sunny since 11.30 and now the temperature is rocketing. 11.4C at 11.30, 16.8C now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

23c. Here in sunny Somerset...   In the sunshine temperature,, Clear with a light breeze...

Posted

Been down to Charlestown today and it was misty but sunny and quite warm. Just as well I didn't try the north coast, thick sea fog at Portreath and Gwithian and zilch vis.

Posted

Been down to Charlestown today and it was misty but sunny and quite warm. Just as well I didn't try the north coast, thick sea fog at Portreath and Gwithian and zilch vis.

Pint of Korev in the garden at the Rashleigh Arms knocker?

Lovely here. Roll on 5 O'clock.

Posted

Pint of Korev in the garden at the Rashleigh Arms knocker?

Lovely here. Roll on 5 O'clock.

Unfortunately not I'm on an abstinence kick. But sorely tempted. Mind I had lunch and noted a large single malt was £7!! I reckon that in my halcyon middle age days post lunch coffee and drinks would have set me back around £35. :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters/Hot summers

23.9 here at Newport, IOW, stunning and long may it continue!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Reached 23.8°C on both stations during Wednesday. It is still 12°C now. Not too shabby for April.

I'm out spinning on Friday, shame about the breezy conditions that will develop.

Posted

Some interesting, picturesque AltCas today along with Altocumulus and some Cirrusy types meaning hazy sunny spells. Warm again, nudging 19c! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

as posted in the convective thread, elevated convection and unstable mid-levels over the SW region, with an isolated elevated thundery shower over north devon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Showery rain now falling here from mid level cloud in the band of instability across Somerset and North Devon with pockets developing elsewhere too across Southern England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A few sferics have been showing further west in this cloud band with rain associated. Perhaps a surprise or two later on. Still sunny here, just, but can see the cloud band getting a bit too close to the sun for my liking.

Posted

Hilarious isn't it. For a number of days yesterday was touted as the day for heavy or thundery showers to develop, yet nothing occurred, but here we are with a band of them having formed quickly this afternoon! I am assuming it is the cold front invigorating?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hilarious isn't it. For a number of days yesterday was touted as the day for heavy or thundery showers to develop, yet nothing occurred, but here we are with a band of them having formed quickly this afternoon! I am assuming it is the cold front invigorating?

I'm not sure what is causing it but the BBC forecasts were onto this and they also state tomorrow as an increasing probability for further action. Maybe I can get my first Thunder day of the year today or tomorrow, this time last year I think I'd had six or so by now. Normal service, by way of sunshine and slightly above or near average Temperatures to return by the weekend and well into next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

20.7°C now, still with blue skies. They underestimated the temps down here, and the amount of cloud.