Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Went out for a lunch time walk around the block expecting it to be humid even though its cloudy but actually it felt quite cool. Yet another bust in the forecast it feels...

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I have got my fleece back on too.

British summer is a joke and the hype over these storms has also been laughable.

You've probably seen this before, but it may provide a brief smile....

post-8165-0-21261100-1434115020_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

As suspected, not looking good for any storms, still the chance, but fading all the while.

You only have to go and pop outside to see it's not what it's predicted to be. Positively chilly again with that annoying wind back.

Certainly hasn't got that muggy humid feel about it

Well I have just seen peter gibs latest national forecast and at 4pm it shows fairly widespread thunder storms across  whole south of uk away from cornwall so I feel confident they will explode out of no where in the next 30min or so..  :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Sarah K L on the BBC still going with it all kicking off from 4pm around Southampton Water and checking the 15:45hrs radar, there is the first sign of some showers popping up around the Island.

Posted

Thunderstorms look impossible to me with all this annoying mid level cloud about just producing light rain and looks quite messy on the radar. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

damp and drizzly here.....meh

Wunderground have Swindon down for 54mm of rain overnight. If I'm not mistaken, that would be the most that's fallen since the floods of July 19th 2007. I know it's silly to assume that the forecast is a given, especially considering how much it has been changing recently, but it looks like somewhere in our neck of the woods might need to buy a canoe ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

This is deffo a total bust for this region, and to think we were under a level two as well.

• Like 2

Posted

Piddling down, here.

Dry here shows how localised it is. I've just driven from Norwich and the only rain I encountered was at Basingstoke / Winchester, and the odd drop or 4 @ Southampton, apart from that 25C when I left there this morning.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

A bit of a shame that the South West has missed out today. Oh well, bring on another day! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms /Snow

Well this is either an epic fail forecast.....or its going to kick off later on this eve.....hoping that it really kicks off soon....or I'm going for a mega sulk....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

A bit of a shame that the South West has missed out today. Oh well, bring on another day! :D

I think we all have, William. Reminiscent of 2011? :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Well hopefully any action could be when it starts to get dark this evening .

a Very frustrating radar watch but with current conditions aloft i think we will soon see isolated cels just mature as the colder air out west moves closer ,also what was moving n/west from france as now gone more northerly as the low moves closer . 

best of luck all .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Maybe it's going to be a 9th May 2008 style job? Was dull and damp all day then went bang after nightfall. (wishful thinking)

Posted

Just got back from our evening walk. We got soaked, although nothing heavy really from slate grey skies.

I think the best bet of seeing something now might well be at the one day international at the Oval on Sky.

Anyway... I make it beer o'clock. ttfn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So where are these destructive thunderstorms the met office warned us of?   :search:  :whistling:

It certainly is dangerous outside I think a spot of rain landed on my head earlier  :help:

The thing is the forecast at mid afternoon had not been altered on bbc when there were clearly no sign of storm cells around I can only assume they over forecast the sunny spells which led to less convection etc as I have not seen the sun today once.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Saw the sun this morning, but been mostly cloud with light patchy rain this afternoon.

Looks like all the action is in the south east, while we get the cloud and light rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm rather surprised it didn't fall our way, proper lack of insolation for many.

Makes me greatful that i managed to get a show here, even though it wasn't forecast. On a day where the words "widespread" and "severe" were used by the MetO and hardly anything happens. The weather really is fickle!

• Like 1

Posted

I have resigned myself to hoping the heavy showery bursts between Salisbury and Southampton find their way to Warminster simply so my water butts can be (partially) filled in readiness for watering plants in the forthcoming dry spell, or in light of today's unexpected lack of rain I should say continued dry spell. Before today it has been dry for 10 days and my gauge has got just about 1mm in it lol !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Wow what an awful bust for many , and those bbc forecasts showed torrential rain for most of is. Oh well there's still plenty of summer left