Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Overnight low of just +0.2C, with widespread frost under clear skies..

High cloud moved in this morning and temperature has risen to 4.0C.

MIA

Posted

What seems to be missed during the hint for snow  is some high winds in this part of the world for sunday.  Winds again picking up to 60mph in some areas  which for round here packs quite a punch  last time the fort dunlop sign went.  this time?    

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A cool day here with temp hovering around 4.5c, Rain incoming and wind picking up gusting 42mph. Wind Chill 0.6c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Moderate rain had arrived Temp 4.9c.

Posted

Nice clear moonlit night, now it's daytime it's cloudy, rainy and windy yet again. What a foul month.

Greyest month I can remember, and i've said that a lot the past few years  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Certainly looking windy tomorrow! 50mph quite widely possible. Not sure about 60mph though. 50mph is enough to tear down plenty of branches and the odd tree though!

Posted

Was a few big gusts an hour ago....so much so saw my doormat outside flew past and hit the fence which was at one point nearly ripped apart.... A few nails and its a bit stronger..... Pork chops griddled and ready to roast with cider, apples and fennel, chicken stock fondant potatoes, creamed leeks and braised carrots all ready to go in oven.... Cider now poured too.... And murray wins meaning gb win davis cup!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Awful weather this afternoon. Wet and windy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Would love to swap this dull weather for what some of the lucky dudes are experiencing in Scotland.  :crazy:

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Where on earth was the strong wind today?! All my area got was a 25mph breeze with the occasional 40mph gust at most, much lower than expected. It certainly wasn't worthy of a yellow wind warning, however perhaps tomorrow will make up for the lack of wind. I actually enjoy proper windstorms, but not the trash we got today with typical wind and rain. Netweather forecasting 30mph winds and 50mph gusts for my area tomorrow afternoon. For the record, maximum wind today was 25mph and gust was 41mph.

Edited by xSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Where on earth was the strong wind today?! All my area got was a 25mph breeze with the occasional 40mph gust at most, much lower than expected. It certainly wasn't worthy of a yellow wind warning, however perhaps tomorrow will make up for the lack of wind. I actually enjoy proper windstorms, but not the trash we got today with typical wind and rain. Netweather forecasting 30mph winds and 50mph gusts for my area tomorrow afternoon. For the record, maximum wind today was 25mph and gust was 41mph.

oop norf! was mainly forecast to be, not complaining of course

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A chilly and wet start to the day with a current temp' of 3.3c.

Just been outside to examine the car windscreen for evidence of sleet but it's only cold rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes was looking eagle eyed myself at first light.. A very wet day here working under Froggatt Edge with persistent moderate rain with some heavy bursts at times and low cloud. A real washout, Should clear the lanes at least.

Posted

Absolute washout and sunless once AGAIN, be interested to see the sunshine figures for this month, I reckon less than 20 hours for here, maybe even 10.

Mild and muggy earlier 13.5c max but fell back to 6.6c now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

People in and around the severn worth noting some record water levels have been recorded today in the catchment with more to come.

Posted

Normally, I quite like this Autumnal weather at this time of year. It does seem to fit with what should happen in November/early December. Although it has been milder than normal.

But not this year...not enjoying it all. I think it's because we've just had so much weather like this over the past 2 years. I'm tired of it. It already has that relentless feel about it and it's not even winter proper yet.

I really hope that for once, Autumn stays in Autumn this time and we get something more seasonal. And if we're to go without proper cold yet again, then for heavens sake give us a different alternative this time around at least...something with some sun and not the relentless mudfest! Given the choice of a January 2014 or a February 1998 I know what I would take in a heartbeat!

But hopefuly by the end of December, it won't matter anyway because we'll have something far more interesting to be looking at!

For now though, the usual story of hunkering down, getting through this mild, unsettled spell and waiting...

...waiting...

....always waiting...

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Normally, I quite like this Autumnal weather at this time of year. It does seem to fit with what should happen in November/early December. Although it has been milder than normal.

But not this year...not enjoying it all. I think it's because we've just had so much weather like this over the past 2 years. I'm tired of it. It already has that relentless feel about it and it's not even winter proper yet.

I really hope that for once, Autumn stays in Autumn this time and we get something more seasonal. And if we're to go without proper cold yet again, then for heavens sake give us a different alternative this time around at least...something with some sun and not the relentless mudfest! Given the choice of a January 2014 or a February 1998 I know what I would take in a heartbeat!

But hopefuly by the end of December, it won't matter anyway because we'll have something far more interesting to be looking at!

For now though, the usual story of hunkering down, getting through this mild, unsettled spell and waiting...

...waiting...

....always waiting...

Yep, think that about sums up how I feel too, Gord.

I can't believe it's only the end of November, it seems to have been dreary for ever.....

Posted

Yep I feel the same too. I don't mind the dull wet weather usually at this time of year but even I have had enough of it. Scotland has a good snowy spell already but we will keep on waiting down here... And waiting. Sadly December looks to offer little already for the most part. Euro high and Greenland low in full charge: more of the same for us. Just wait until May when the pattern reverses!

Posted

You have got to be kidding me, another sunless weekend of endless rain on the way, wow weekend's this year...

Can see the routine already, rain all day Saturday, clears south Saturday Night then slams back in Sunday, thankgod for Vitamin D lamps.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Very pleasant day here. Good sunny spells and about 13c. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

The end of a dull, mild month. The sunshine total this month was just under 38 hours, which is almost a record-breaker (far below average). It was also the second mildest month with a mean monthly temperature of 9.5C in Coventry. In addition, it possessed of one of the mildest November days at a temperature of 18C.

As for early December, expect windy, wet and mild weather instead of any cold weather or any form of wintry precipitation. The charts currently show two windstorms affecting us this weekend, the first and weakest one during the early hours of Saturday (gusts: around 50mph), and the stronger windstorm on Saturday night (gusts: around 60mph). This is of course subject to change.

Posted

The first non awful day in a while today, still mostly cloudy BUT the sun did indeed briefly come out this afternoon and finally not that endless damp, pleasantly mild to 13.8c max.