Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

-0.6C now, I can believe Stafford FM's 'forecast' of -3C tonight, good frost I reckon by morning

Posted

Well I went to Dovedale earlier today and went up Thorpe Cloud. Hardly any snow there apart from the odd residual half thawed patch that was smaller than your hand. Although you could see bigger patches on another hill across from it that had cattle grazing on, whatever it's called (if it even has a name?). Bit disappointed as I thought there might be a lot more, although there probably was yesterday. It was a nice trip out nonetheless.

Still back here in Walsall Wood we're having our first frost of the extended Winter 2015/16 season which is good to see. Here's to many more and hopefully a good dumping of snow with good and long lasting cover at some point in the season to make up for the failed snows of Winters 2013/14 and 2014/15. March 2013 feels like a long time ago now. Surely were due a break in this snow starved village.

Edited by WALSALL SNOW

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

There was a thaw today WS with only snow left under the walls and hollows here at my location/altitude 15+mls to the North of Dovedale, So no surprises with your report.  

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

There was a thaw today WS with only snow left under the walls and hollows here at my location/altitude 15+mls to the North of Dovedale, So no surprises with your report.

Yeah. Probably would have seen alot more yesterday. Unfortunately I work most Saturday's (as I did yesterday) so it wasn't an option. Still it beat staying in all day and I did get to actually touch some snow, so it wasn't all bad lol. Edited by WALSALL SNOW

Posted

-1C here, air frost at last, been a lovely clear evening although been out now and seems to be bits of high cloud around. Please don't spoil it!

However Shawbury is still hovering above freezing according to the MO, strange as its usually colder than here on these nights.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Just missed an air frost here with a min' of 0.0c. This will be the last morning with lying snow for a while although there is hope of some wintry showers later in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Temp here currently at 0.2C.

Minimum o/n -2.8C

Some haziness around.

Posted

A low of -1.6c last night with a ground and air frost, Currently 1.4c patchy cloud. Snow patches remain under the walls and in hollows.

Dp -0.2c

WC -0.6c

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is it just me or does it feel colder than the 4-5c that is currently the temp over parts of the Midlands? Down here in Oxford, it is currently 5c according to my nearest weather station but it feels more like 0c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Is it just me or does it feel colder than the 4-5c that is currently the temp over parts of the Midlands? Down here in Oxford, it is currently 5c according to my nearest weather station but it feels more like 0c!

We just plainly are not used to this. Feels arctic still out there! Lol

Posted

I agree Andy... I did feel much colder today.

My max today shows as 4.8C (much different from the 3C of the weekend.)

Why is it different? Its the relative humidity.

Sat was 44%, Sunday 66%. Today its now up to 80%.

Rain (not heavy) started about an hour ago.

Temperature has risen from 4.0 to 4.3C current.

Relative humidity now 83%. I bet it feels really cold out there right now!

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted

Damp air and a cool breeze makes it 'feel' cooler, Still feels raw out here Temp 3.9c Wind Chill -0.1c West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

4.4 mm of rain required to make November the wettest month of the year so far.

May is currently the wettest with 122.0 mm.

A mild-ish and cloudy morning here with a current temp' of 5.5c and all traces of snow gone.

Posted

Current temperature 8.4C  and very cloudy. Occasional shower passing through.

Showers have recorded 4.8mms in last 24 hours

More of same by the look of it as the Cheshire gap has fired up.

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

LOL Shefali on midlands today just mentioned the 'SEVERE COLD'we've just had.have I been asleep?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Midlands today never leaves any time for the weather bulletin. It's always rushed 1 minute or so at the end. We don't have the quality seen in Spotlight and the brilliant David Braine for example. Spotlights weather forecast is about 4 minutes or so although there is the surf forecast, tides and Isles of Scilly weather to cover.

Posted

Maybe a bit of snow tomorrow night? Interesting.... Maybe a covering on the hills come saturday morning.....

See netweather forecast for me has 7cm snow tomorrow night too....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Certainly no snow down here. Only a few wintry showers on northern hills it seems. Not as good as last week IMO even for those oop north.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

This year is definitely on par to being one of the least convective years. The number of thunderstorms have been appalling, even prompting me to changed my name from xStorm to xSnow (which I was planning on doing in December, not November). Anyway, hopefully a snowy winter will make up for the lack of thunderstorms.

Edited by xSnow

Posted

Sleet here.

Posted

Raining moderately here. 7.0mms so far.

Temperature falling too now 6.4C.

MIA

Posted

Showers were of a sleety nature here last night before dying out leaving a dry mostly clear night with a low of currently at 2.2c and a slight ground frost. Currently it's dry/cool with clear sky's and little wind.

Temp 2.2c

WC -1.1c

Dp 0.4c

Wind W/S/W Avg 7mph

Rain 0.4mm

Rain 24hr 5.6mm