Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
7 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Ambleside has had 151mm since midnight. IIRC that's a little more than Pershore got on 20 July 2007, and we all know what those floods did to this part of the world. (Though here in Bewdley, Dec 2000 is the worst I've ever seen.) Not directly comparable because of topology etc, but still.

Edited by Snowsie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow:)
7 hours ago, Arctic Hare said:

Ambleside has had 151mm since midnight. IIRC that's a little more than Pershore got on 20 July 2007, and we all know what those floods did to this part of the world. (Though here in Bewdley, Dec 2000 is the worst I've ever seen.) Not directly comparable because of topology etc, but still.

I lost my static caravan on the Severn in the July 07 floods and will never forget the sight and smell when we had to go in to assess it. This was 2 weeks after the event due to possible health and safety issues from the water contamination. Seeing my personal belongings and my 3 year olds toys in the state they were in was so sad BUT I could walk away and go home to my house.

I've just been looking at the river level data around Cumbria and it is breaking all records at the moment. Watching those levels rise make you feel so helpless as you know there is nothing you can do to stop it. Feel so sorry for all those affected. They can't do what I could and walk away and go home. It is their home. It is so sad.

i love the weather but it can be so cruel.

• Like 3

Posted

What a fool I was thinking we were finally onto a decent Sunday here, nooope, slate grey skies and unforecast showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, conor123 said:

What a fool I was thinking we were finally onto a decent Sunday here, nooope, slate grey skies and unforecast showers.

Was always going to be wet, not as wet as I thought mind you, the rain in the NW was always meant to move through today, had all night do do it, but as always waits for the day Sunday

Posted
21 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Was always going to be wet, not as wet as I thought mind you, the rain in the NW was always meant to move through today, had all night do do it, but as always waits for the day Sunday

Rtavn1502.gif

What a shock next weekend AGAIN looking atrocious already, what a mess.

Posted

Not complaining though about the bbc forecast I have seen, 14C max with brightness, bring on a Springlike day I say

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

Once again, another vile day. Having said that, tomorrow looks like a nice day, 14C with sunny spells.

As for the upcoming week, Tuesday looks decent, cooler but sunnier than Monday. Wednesday looks bad and Thursday looks vile. Mild temperatures, overcast, light rain... everything I despise. Should be cooler by Friday, albeit it will remain cloudy. Similar pattern continuing into next week. SO... nothing interesting as the weather remains tedious with no sign of anything wintry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Mostly dry day here but lovely and mild. Took the jumper off when walking the dog so just had a t shirt on. Just doesn't feel very festive though.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Just having lunch at Curber Edge as working just under it. Temp 12.5c with light winds and cloudy. Feels/looks very mild and Autumnal again.

20151207_142901_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Insanely mild, but like November we get our first proper sunshine of the month on the 7th. Actually feels warm in it, apart from 2015's perma-wind howling around again.

15C currently, it's now reached that figure in 11 months of 2015. But reached 20C in only 4 of them. Sums this year up perfectly.

Edited by Summer of 95

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Stunningly mild day. Had the shirts out and it was extremely pleasant. :)

Posted
53 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

you mean the shorts?

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

you mean the shorts?

Indeed yes. Another incident of typing too fast on my iPhone and the fact o is right next to I on the qwerty keyboard! Lol

Posted
1 minute ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Indeed yes. Another incident of typing too fast on my iPhone and the fact o is right next to I on the qwerty keyboard! Lol

oo no, not iphones, never had one, never intend to, Nokia 6310/6310i rules!

Posted
3 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

oo no, not iphones, never had one, never intend to, Nokia 6310/6310i rules!

Vintage phones! Lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
4 hours ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Some of my customers said they cut there grass today for the first time in December Ever,,,,,,,:cc_confused::rofl::rofl:

Posted
13 minutes ago, ANYWEATHER said:

Some of my customers said they cut there grass today for the first time in December Ever,,,,,,,:cc_confused::rofl::rofl:

That doesn't surprise me! I saw someone on our road mowing the lawn too. Even our grass is looking longer than usual and it isn't out of the question we may give it a cut of a decent enough dry window approaches. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

A maximum of 12.0c today, the mildest December day since 2007 when 12.4c was recorded on the 6th.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

After expecting a mild, completely sunny day. I was very unlucky to be caught out in a downpour mid-afternoon which caused the wind to really intensify.

Posted

A couple of showers but otherwise a fairly sunny day. Not too bad sunshine wise for December so far. Doubt it will last though. Lol.

Yesterday was the warmest December 7th ever. :)

Posted

Cold night..... Feels colder in the breeze..... 

Netweather, beeb and a few others going for cold rain/sleet/wet snow saturday here.... Interesting before i pop away to warmer climes for xmas/new years....