Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Aside from Wednesday, it's been a decent week. Another cracking morning...

IMGP0229_sm.thumb.jpg.d92c444c7c52f54c93IMGP0241_sm.thumb.jpg.774b9a97c016243c9c

Sat24.com is showing up the rain and other such muck that's on it's way for the afternoon and rest of the weekend. Boo.. hiss.. :angry:

Edit : I must try to get rid of that smudge on my lens. It really annoying, but I'm b*ggered if I can find it.

Lovely photos John.

Not sure where rain is coming from today, at present it's still dry and bright/sunny and the only rain, well drizzle really, is over the Devon/Cornwall moors.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Lovely photos John.

Not sure where rain is coming from today, at present it's still dry and bright/sunny and the only rain, well drizzle really, is over the Devon/Cornwall moors.

There are small pockets of showers along the south coast, which have passed over us recently, now the sky is wall to wall blue again. Feels like April showers......so Spring has Sprung, yeehah...

Posted
47 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Lovely photos John.

Hello Andy,

Yeah, we've had a bit of rain so far today.

I sat out in the sun with a cup of tea at 11:30am and it was lovely, then came in for a call. Just gone back out and the ground is wet, but the sun's out again.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A huge forecast fail!

What? Another one, really... the year of the downgrade & forecast fail...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

What? Another one, really... the tear of the downgrade & forecast fail...

BBC forecast at around 2am had rain all across the region by mid to late morning. It has been dry as bone here!

Posted

Yeah most of the SW has managed to get away with it, as I said earlier we have a good shower, and look towards the SE, the IOW has been nailed recently, as with Pompey and now moving eastwards. Noticeable some light rain off the south Devon coast now.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dorsetbred said:

Yeah most of the SW has managed to get away with it, as I said earlier we have a good shower, and look towards the SE, the IOW has been nailed recently, as with Pompey and now moving eastwards. Noticeable some light rain off the south Devon coast now.

A Sky engineer was going to turn up today to put in multiscreen, so a new dish/cables & box was going to be installed. He rang yesterday evening to say he'll do it Saturday, as today looked a bit wet. A poor excuse either way lol

Posted
5 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

A nice frost here earlier with a min of -3.1c at 05:11, rising a little by sunrise.

I've just noticed the Met Office has now changed to the 'oranges only' colour scheme for temperature on their homepage, forecast maps, and website widget (e.g. on my site), doesn't look right!

0 frosts in Jan and Feb 2015, are you sure? 

You made me do some checking! It turns out, the database is empty for January and February last year- not sure why, as it shows on Wunderground. I'll investigate later. 
I thought it seemed odd, as I had snow last year, so there had to have been a cold period.  Cherna-facepalm.gif 

• Like 1

Posted

And so the hunt goes on in the MOD thread for more cold rain and miserable weather. More eye candy with just a hopeful few dozen tweaks to yet fall in place for a favourable outcome which will be inevitably down graded in a few hours. These models within a range of possibly 72 hours IMO are next to useless. But just by chance one day they will be on the same hymn sheet.    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
54 minutes ago, kent said:

And so the hunt goes on in the MOD thread for more cold rain and miserable weather. More eye candy with just a hopeful few dozen tweaks to yet fall in place for a favourable outcome which will be inevitably down graded in a few hours. These models within a range of possibly 72 hours IMO are next to useless. But just by chance one day they will be on the same hymn sheet.    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Winter is over as far as I can tell, we have 10 days of winter left and nothing showing snow for south of England in models.

Think it might even be my first ever winter with 0 days snow cover whatsoever although might have seen one in 90's just can't remember.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Winter is over as far as I can tell, we have 10 days of winter left and nothing showing snow for south of England in models.

Think it might even be my first ever winter with 0 days snow cover whatsoever although might have seen one in 90's just can't remember.

Over when did it start.. Its been beyond a joke 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

You made me do some checking! It turns out, the database is empty for January and February last year- not sure why, as it shows on Wunderground. I'll investigate later. 
I thought it seemed odd, as I had snow last year, so there had to have been a cold period.  Cherna-facepalm.gif 

Haha, I didn't think the Purbeck microclimate was quite that strong!

A nice frosty start gave way to drizzle this afternoon, enough to wet the roads and form puddles.

Posted
2 hours ago, Nights King said:

Not according to the model thread!!:crazy: :cold::cold:

Snow Tuesday morning along the M4 corridor...ish  "In the shorter term, 12z EC det shows some snow on wxbell across South Wales, The M4 corridor of southern England including south/West Midlands on the northern flank of precip moving east Tuesday morning" 

....and then Snowmagedon some days later according to Ecm.

Death by a thousand cuts.....again!! Not sure I can handle the disappointment.......best I find a crate of wine.

Edited by Kiwi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Knowing when to say goodbye to this thread till next winter is never simple. I guess should wait till 1st March.

Posted
19 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Not according to the model thread!!:crazy: :cold::cold:

Snow Tuesday morning along the M4 corridor...ish  "In the shorter term, 12z EC det shows some snow on wxbell across South Wales, The M4 corridor of southern England including south/West Midlands on the northern flank of precip moving east Tuesday morning" 

....and then Snowmagedon some days later according to Ecm.

Death by a thousand cuts.....again!! Not sure I can handle the disappointment.......best I find a crate of wine.

Yes. Written by Nick F, netweather forecaster. I've a lot of respect for him - one of genuine forecasters of the NW community. Worth watching.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Yes. Written by Nick F, netweather forecaster. I've a lot of respect for him - one of genuine forecasters of the NW community. Worth watching.

Yes, as you say, one of the more reliable sources.....so worth watching

What could possibly go wrong!:drunk-emoji:

Posted

I knew something was up when there's been 3 pages in the last 2 hours, when the thread has recently slowed down a lot.

And just as expected, they've all gone loony over in the thread of madness :laugh:

Posted

Some pretty pointless drizzle this evening, invidriz as I like to call it.

Taken from Ian's Points West forecast ; there could be some big differences in rain totals tomorrow, potentially an inch on the moors but considerably less in rain shadows to the lee of high ground. So for West Wiltshire the Mendips could provide shelter which I think happened on a Saturday before Christmas.

Looking ahead, dare I dream of snow on my birthday next weekend!?

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

You know what I see? A signal for flood potential in South..  rolleyes2.gif 

Thanks!....as welcome as a warm glass of Sauvignon blanc:sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I for one refuse to allow myself to get sucked in by the models this time. Even with the drop jaw output that the ECM has poured out tonight. 

if it happens then happy days, but I'm getting fed up of being led down all these garden paths. 

Having said that, if it's still showing tomorrow it's obviously 100% going to happen and I'll tell the kids, family and friends  :yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I for one refuse to allow myself to get sucked in by the models this time. Even with the drop jaw output that the ECM has poured out tonight. 

if it happens then happy days, but I'm getting fed up of being led down all these garden paths. 

Having said that, if it's still showing tomorrow it's obviously 100% going to happen and I'll tell the kids, family and friends  :yahoo:

Don't do it Karlos it'll only end up turning sour :aggressive: I'm always letting my family down by telling them these things :sorry:now they just don't listen anymore!

• Like 2

Posted

I'm just looking forward to the, 15-20c uppers now and hopefully some storm potential on the break down of the warm days, don't get me wrong I love the winter and snow but this winter has been a disappointment from start to finish chasing just the odd bit of sleet lol. I still would be over the moon though if we could get some snow at some point before the spring set's in!