Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 6th December and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
7 hours ago, khodds said:

Don't do it Karlos it'll only end up turning sour :aggressive: I'm always letting my family down by telling them these things :sorry:now they just don't listen anymore!

lol no I won't t lol them anything, was more tongue in cheek.

any as expected, it's imploded overnight. Surprise surprise 

bring on the 15-20c uppers indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
7 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'm just looking forward to the, 15-20c uppers now and hopefully some storm potential on the break down of the warm days, don't get me wrong I love the winter and snow but this winter has been a disappointment from start to finish chasing just the odd bit of sleet lol. I still would be over the moon though if we could get some snow at some point before the spring set's in! 

Very much looking for the same thing as well. Dry sunny warm and thunderstorms are things I am starting to look for in the models

Posted

Good morning fellow south and south westerners :)

A dry start this morning, although I'm expecting some lighter rain to make its way here over the next couple of hours.

I've pinched this from our Welsh friends, makes for interesting, if somewhat alarming, reading

http://robertscribbler.com/2016/02/18/no-winter-for-the-arctic-in-2016-nasa-marks-hottest-january-ever-recorded/

And another recent article

http://robertscribbler.com/2015/12/29/warm-storm-brings-rain-over-arctic-sea-ice-in-winter/

Have a lovely day all! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Ian mentioned two un-mentionable's for the South west in the model thread just now

SNOW & M4 CORRIDOR

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers
21 minutes ago, SteveB said:

Ian mentioned two un-mentionable's for the South west in the model thread just now

SNOW & M4 CORRIDOR

Yes, damn those words to hell :diablo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
11 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes, damn those words to hell :diablo:

happens every time.......the dreaded M4 corridor.......the west-east carriageway of the M4 get cold easterlies, blizzards and 12 inches of snow..............the east-west carriageway gets blowtorch south westerlies, and an inch of rain.............it's amazing the difference 3 meters of central reservation can have on the weather :80:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

LOL! "When God created earth.. He created the M4 corridor.. Beyond which is the fiery hell of southern UK...." 

Yep. I've finally cracked. Cart me off now please :rofl:

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, SteveB said:

SNOW & M4 CORRIDOR

Had my map out.......I'm 9,000 metres south of the M4 central reservation

Any chance of sleet for me? or should I head out for the nirvana of lands to the north?

• Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Had my map out.......I'm 9,000 metres south of the M4 central reservation

Any chance of sleet for me? or should I head out for the nirvana of lands to the north?

I'm north of the mystical M4 corridor and we rarely get significant snow falls. All gets mopped up by the Chilterns and the M40!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

So possible snow Tuesday now..  :hi:Will winter throw us a bone before it runs out? :D

Posted
7 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

I'm north of the mystical M4 corridor and we rarely get significant snow falls. All gets mopped up by the Chilterns and the M40!

Ok.....so the sweet spot must be the central reservation and inside carriageways of the M4  .......and narrowing things down even further I'd have thought the services at Membury would be a good bet.

Forewarned is forearmed ! http://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/choosecarriageway/?motorway=m4

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Grey, damp morning here, much prefer the frosty start we had yesterday. Snow this week eh....hmm, we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
1 hour ago, ajpoolshark said:

happens every time.......the dreaded M4 corridor.......the west-east carriageway of the M4 get cold easterlies, blizzards and 12 inches of snow..............the east-west carriageway gets blowtorch south westerlies, and an inch of rain.............it's amazing the difference 3 meters of central reservation can have on the weather :80:

Posted

Horrible weather here, strong winds and heavy rain, despite the warmer temps not at all pleasant out, an afternoon to be spent by the fireside me thinks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Oh look yet another wet Saturday! Quite appalled that it'll be 14C where I am in London tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just put the Netatmo anemometer back up. What a faf! Weather stations- pain in the weeble!

Tip: If you're thinking about buying the Netatmo anemometer, do not buy the mounting bracket they supply, its a complete waste of money. You're better off buying a cheap CCTV mount for a fiver, its easier to get level and its less likely to break.

Temp: 11.3°C - Hum: 90% - Bar:  1012.10hPa - Wind:  SW/W @ 10mph

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

11.1c. Wet breezy  32 km/h. Wind chill  9.8c.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I see everyone is going up the garden path again on mod thread, do they never learn :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Nights King said:

I see everyone is going up the garden path again on mod thread, do they never learn :nonono:

Do they? NO

Will they? Unlikely, it's sad to see what was a great thread years ago, become deranged, full of bickering and self importance. Meanwhile, where was the rain we expected today?

Posted
15 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Do they? NO

Will they? Unlikely, it's sad to see what was a great thread years ago, become deranged, full of bickering and self importance. Meanwhile, where was the rain we expected today?

The rain's been here since mid-morning. A truly foul day.

I reckon end of the week could be a goer this time for parts of our region. No science, just a good feeling.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

56c8a05f9b66a_20160220MysteryRain-Foreca56c8a081d604c_20160220MysteryRain-Foreca

"southern areas will be very mild with patchy rain"

56c8a077d850d_20160220MysteryRain-Actual56c8a099280e8_20160220MysteryRain-Actual

DOUGAL!!!

Posted
1 hour ago, Nights King said:

Yeah, once again we're looking at a snow event for next week, do we sit and wait for downgrades or will this one actually ring true...? 

Posted

I don't even go to the mad thread any more. Shame really. There are some very interesting posters but they are diluted by a load of hysterical half wits who swear blind they know how the models will pan out in 10 days even if they're predicting the most unlikely scenario

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

I packed up last night for this winter but I just can't live without one more downgrade so back for all the fun of the downgrade fair.

So channel low and big snow event this time next week...anyone?

• Like 1