Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

I wonder what will go down at Euro 2020.

I guess it's on how fast the virus spreads. Maybe they will still ban handshakes at the tournament.

Or perhaps limit the number of people that go to a stadium.

Or, the least likely, to be played behind closed doors?

Who knows. Hopefully the virus has died down then, but if it hasn't, then it will cause serious issues, not only to a major football tournament.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

This is just ridiculous.

What’s wrong with young and healthy people.

Just shows how corrupt the US is.

The alleged million testing kits going out won’t be used and are just a publicity stunt !

Hospitals  need special authorization to do tests. They’re not allowed to do them otherwise .

Nurses want to test and that they suspect the person has the virus but are stopped .

Even if you present with the typical symptoms many aren’t being tested because those authorizing seem to be ignoring community transmission .

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I guess it's on how fast the virus spreads. Maybe they will still ban handshakes at the tournament.

Who knows. Hopefully the virus has died down then, but if it hasn't, then it will cause serious issues, not only to a major football tournament.

Euro 2020 will be delayed IMO.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

The alleged million testing kits going out won’t be used and are just a publicity stunt !

Hospitals  need special authorization to do tests. They’re not allowed to do them otherwise .

Nurses want to test and that they suspect the person has the virus but are stopped .

Even if you present with the typical symptoms many aren’t being tested because those authorizing seem to be ignoring community transmission .

if testing specificity is low if the a priori chance is low the chances that you test false positive are much greater and you waste a valuable test kit

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, Zak M said:

There is already a market up - will the first game kick off on time at the said stadium - yes or no - its roughly even money market - pile into no and make yourself a packet!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
2 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

I cannot believe we still have planes coning and going to Milan and Venice without any checks at our airports - Some quarantine ??

Probably due to getting rid of border controls all those years ago and you would also need additional medical staff which we haven't got. Takes time to recruit. Flights should be stopped and should have been at the first sign of the numbers rising.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
5 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I've already paid £250 for tickets for one of the last 16 games so if it's cancelled or behind closed doors i'm hoping they refund...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ross90 said:

I've already paid £250 for tickets for one of the last 16 games so if it's cancelled or behind closed doors i'm hoping they refund...

Will definitely refund - they cannot not do if it doesn't go ahead, they have sold you something illegally if not - unless there is small print that tells you you have done your money if not.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Probably due to getting rid of border controls all those years ago and you would also need additional medical staff which we haven't got. Takes time to recruit. Flights should be stopped and should have been at the first sign of the numbers rising.

It's a difficult one though. Many Italians or people with Italian heritage live in the UK. Guess many have dual passports. 'Across the bridge' from here, in S Wales, the Italians have been part of that particular region for 100 years.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Is that on the basis that Scotland might get there through the Euro league?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Posted
10 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

if testing specificity is low if the a priori chance is low the chances that you test false positive are much greater and you waste a valuable test kit

They have plenty of test kits now allegedly . If those who present with symptoms like a dry cough and fever aren’t tested then that’s a one way ticket to northern Italy .

Indeed that’s what happened at a hospital there ! A man was refused a test because of his travel history , was sent home , came back was sent home again , only when his condition worsened was he given the test a few days later by which time he had passed on the virus to a huge amount of people .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

My town, Chorley reported two cases here today exported from Italy. It didn't say when they returned from Italy though which is scary.

Lancashire County Council

@LancashireCC

Two linked cases of #coronavirus have been confirmed in #Chorley district, Lancashire. The two people had recently travelled to Italy and are currently isolating themselves at home. There are now four confirmed cases in Lancashire

Edited by pip22

Posted
16 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

I cannot believe we still have planes coning and going to Milan and Venice without any checks at our airports - Some quarantine ??

Airport checks or not, its not a quarantine is it?

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Difficult one testing everyone who comes in.  What happens to be effective whilst the results are awaited? Detain them ?

You can’t test everyone . I understand that but cov 19 symptoms in the vast majority start with a fever and dry cough .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Difficult one testing everyone who comes in.  What happens to be effective whilst the results are awaited? Detain them ?

Which is why you reduce the flights.

• Like 1

Posted

Gabriel's school in Tamworth is being closed from tomorrow as a member of staff has been confirmed as having it.

spacer.png
WWW.STOKESENTINEL.CO.UK

It is the largest daily increase in confirmed cases so far - while in Italy 16m people have been placed under quarantine and a school in Tamworth is closed after a staff...

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, The PIT said:

And ultimately stop them, people have had enough warning now to get back home, the penny should have dropped by now that the end result will be huge travel restrictions, the longer they leave it the more deaths.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

I really don't know what the government is waiting for. It can see quite clearly what is happening in Italy...the time for draconian measures is NOW.

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Err no, you don't have any flights leaving quarantined areas. unless the definition of 'quarantine' has changed.

Posted
5 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Airport checks or not, its not a quarantine is it?

Not Quarantine as I know it - I truly believe our government has lost the plot..