Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
1 minute ago, HighPressure said:

Yes I thought that - I had a very mild cold at Christmas which had similar symptoms to what could be a lesser strain? 

Yes, same here. I did tout this suggestion a few days back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
14 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Ok so how fast is this thing changing, or is it that both China strains are in the US, and they didn't know there were two. 

Perhaps they are using the term ‘new’ rather than ‘novel’ corona virus?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

I read some memo on twitter,allegedly from the Chinese communist party, referencing an incident at the Wuhab  Lab in December, i have no idea if it was authentic however.

Posted
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

Utterly pathetic . The million or so test kits announced to much fanfare was just a media stunt to dupe the public .

• Like 3

Posted

If you want to kill sick and compromised people just bring them to a hospital, a sure bet they will catch the nastiest most resistant bug there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
18 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

That’s really sad for the club and supporters . How many chances do a club like Wolves get to play in European football.

I totally understand why they’ve come to that decision but nonetheless it’s still a bitter blow to those fans .

How's the bubble looking, Nick. I've seen no breakdown of the geography of cases today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snow. https://www.tamworthweather.co.uk
29 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Gabriel's school in Tamworth is being closed from tomorrow as a member of staff has been confirmed as having it.

spacer.png
WWW.STOKESENTINEL.CO.UK

It is the largest daily increase in confirmed cases so far - while in Italy 16m people have been placed under quarantine and a school in Tamworth is closed after a staff...

That school is less than half a mile away from me. Yikes.

• Like 1

Posted

I am wondering whether some countries have already seen an explosion of the mild strain earlier on in the winter. Quite a few people giving accounts of a dry cough and breathing difficulties associated with it. 

It could be that catching the initial strain may prove invaluable as to how your body handles the more severe strain. All conjecture but it is food for thought.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Very scary indeed.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Exactly! Lock down where, precisely? Close the airports, ferries and tunnel? Why?

"Quarantine"

A period of time during which a person or animal that might have a disease is kept away from other people or animals so that the disease cannot spread.

There is no ambiguity, it is 100% or a lie.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
25 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

One assumes that by 'essential travel' they mean businessmen's jollies and junkets?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

I am wondering whether some countries have already seen an explosion of the mild strain earlier on in the winter. Quite a few people giving accounts of a dry cough and breathing difficulties associated with it. 

It could be that catching the initial strain may prove invaluable as to how your body handles the more severe strain. All conjecture but it is food for thought.

Yes, al these flu-type bugs mutate, they are very sensitive to it, that is why every year the flu jab is different, i had it once and talked to the chemist, he said they can never be sure but they take an educated guess about what is likely to be around, so i am sure that is the same with this virus. When you have immunisation they are actually injecting you with something similar to the bug itself to make you immune from it.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

How's the bubble looking, Nick. I've seen no breakdown of the geography of cases today.

The bubble was semi breached yesterday when a woman from the now infamous Mulhouse religious festival in Alsace came back to the Bearn with the virus .

So the bubbles broken in dept 64 , which I’m right on the border with dept 65.

I can’t see any new cases reported for 64 or 65 . How’s your bubble going ?

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, al these flu-type bugs mutate, they are very sensitive to it, that is why every year the flu jab is different, i had it once and talked to the chemist, he said they can never be sure but they take an educated guess about what is likely to be around, so i am sure that is the same with this virus. When you have immunisation they are actually injecting you with something similar to the bug itself to make you immune from it.

I did read some reports that one of the strains of this virus can be traced back to Oct/Nov in origin...which predates the Wuhan market fiasco. It would come as no surprise to me if this turns out to be a mutation of the original strain. It could be that the mutation happened in China. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

One assumes that by 'essential travel' they mean businessmen's jollies and junkets?

What about attending a funeral or visiting an ill/dying relative? That's essential travel in my books. Many years ago when my parents were dying in Ireland I got "compassionate fares" capped at £99 to fly at short notice to Ireland from the UK with Aer Lingus - that's essential travel.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

So are we meant to assume the viral strain in Italy is the more serious one? And in Germany for example (because there are fewer deaths so far) it is the milder strain?. If so surely the test results would confirm it ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The bubble was semi breached yesterday when a woman from the now infamous Mulhouse religious festival in Alsace came back to the Bearn with the virus .

So the bubbles broken in dept 64 , which I’m right on the border with dept 65.

I can’t see any new cases reported for 64 or 65 . How’s your bubble going ?

Other than the Correze case yesterday, there's no breakdown by area so I'll go to bed thinking that the bubble is intact!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

What about attending a funeral or visiting an ill/dying relative? That's essential travel in my books. Many years ago when my parents were dying in Ireland I got "compassionate fares" capped at £99 to fly at short notice to Ireland from the UK with Aer Lingus - that's essential travel.

I totally understand that, however on the other hand you could easily infect other elderly people at such an event as a funeral and inadvertently lead to deaths yourself if you are suspect.

Not an easy call to make of course and something that would probably need to be decided by the person dealing with the situation. I don't think we are yet at the point where that needs to be discussed, at least in this country.

Also, yeah the Italy version of this disease does seem to be more intense, as does the Iran strain. They both broke out at very similar times as well, so wonder if they are both connected somehow?

• Like 3

Posted

I'm watching Crufts on playback - I need both a dog beside me and dogs around me as I can stand no more of this human insanity...

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Spikecollie said:

Other than the Correze case yesterday, there's no breakdown by area so I'll go to bed thinking that the bubble is intact!

Normally if there’s a new case or first case it gets reported by local papers .

So that’s probably where to look but so far we’ve both been a bit lucky especially when you consider what’s going on further north and east.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
9 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Funerals are banned in Italy so it isn't essential. Also if you're relative is ill possibly giving them coronavirus is really going to help them.

Posted
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: France have banned all public gatherings with more than 1,000 people

Wouldn't be shocked if we follow suit in the next few days here, I think it maybe more towards the end of the week, but since there is a COBRA meeting tomorrow, they may well try and keep ahead of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
Just now, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: France have banned all public gatherings with more than 1,000 people

Does that mean all ligue 1 games are behind closed doors until end of season?

• Like 1