Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into Summer 2020.

31 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

That mean would put temperatures into the low to mid 20s..is that not warm? If your expecting to see 30+ on a regular basis it may be better served to view the ensembles for Africa more often. I would say your neck of the woods would be pretty decent. 

Who said anything about 30C? The post is merely pointing out a massive shift in the space of 18hrs in one of the models. Also in the finer details there is plenty to be sorted out with weak frontal activity that could limit sun and depress temps at several points this week so sorry again if I don't display appeasement at the distinctly average mean charts everyone seems to think are fine. Again writing this under 16c and heavily overcast skies when again a few days ago low 20s was odds on.  

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

In typical fashion the GFS bent to the Euro in the trough solution but the Euro bent to the GFS in the high solution. Amusing.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I honestly don’t think the GEFS 6z mean is to bad in the mid / longer term, especially further south by southeast (already mentioned by Matt and General Cluster who I completely agree with!..) and what they say is preety much the norm in summer!..in the meantime, there’s plenty more warm and humid conditions in the short-term with a mixture of sunshine and heavy, slow moving potentially thundery showers but the very nature of showers is hit and miss with some areas doing quite well for fine weather while others get a regular soaking although to me, any rain is very weclome following such a dry May for many!☀️?️⛈️

Edited by JON SNOW
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
29 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Who said anything about 30C? The post is merely pointing out a massive shift in the space of 18hrs in one of the models. Also in the finer details there is plenty to be sorted out with weak frontal activity that could limit sun and depress temps at several points this week so sorry again if I don't display appeasement at the distinctly average mean charts everyone seems to think are fine. Again writing this under 16c and heavily overcast skies when again a few days ago low 20s was odds on.  

Your looking at the worse case scenario though.. Yes if it remains cloudy with lots of showers, temps are suppressed.. In decent sunny spells temps climb to low to mid 20s. Just as was the case here yesterday.. 25c was reached. My main reference to your post was the fact you said all the warm members have gone from the ensembles.. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
17 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

My main reference to your post was the fact you said all the warm members have gone

Agreed, I’m certainly a very warm affable member..anyhoo, the fact is it’s not as bad as some are painting it and not as good as others..me..surely not! ..it’s somewhere in the middle but an eventual north / south or northwest / southeast split is typical in a u k summer.,finally, spare a thought for some NE coastal areas which are looking cooler and duller compared to the majority of the u k during the week ahead..it’s not funny HAAR HAAR for those areas!

Edited by JON SNOW
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

These obviously aren’t to be taken as guaranteed to happen, but most don’t look good if you like a warm and settled summer in the UK. Just for info though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mb018538 said:

These obviously aren’t to be taken as guaranteed to happen, but most don’t look good if you like a warm and settled summer in the UK. Just for info though!

There's literally every single possible synoptic pattern I would't give them a second of your time

• Like 5

Posted

Quite a difference between the ECM ensembles and the GFS 6z ens.. The ECM op is a fair bit higher than the GFS.. And the mean from the former is also better than the latter model. 

graphe1_00_278_120___.png

graphe4_1000_290_109___.png

• Like 7

Posted
2 hours ago, Alderc said:

I believe you were one of those banging on about supposedly dire conditions coming this weekend, just a few days ago.

It has been glorious here and just shows that you don't need spectacular synoptics for fine conditions out here.

Everyone around Manchester is sitting in their gardens this afternoon in 23C sunshine.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I believe you were one of those banging on about supposedly dire conditions coming this weekend, just a few days ago.

It has been glorious here and just shows that you don't need spectacular synoptics for fine conditions out here.

Everyone around Manchester is sitting in their gardens this afternoon in 23C sunshine.

Lucky you, maxed at 19C yesterday in a couple of hours of sun yesterday, rained/showered most of the after and 16C, again temps up to 19C but been cloudy and 15/16C most of the days. Its been a poor weekend down here bar a few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
2 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Lucky you, maxed at 19C yesterday in a couple of hours of sun yesterday, rained/showered most of the after and 16C, again temps up to 19C but been cloudy and 15/16C most of the days. Its been a poor weekend down here bar a few hours.

Try 12C and thick fog all day yesterday!

Posted
1 hour ago, Scorcher said:

Perfect scorcher, its been the same here all weekend also, not one shower.. Low pressure does not guarantee a washout scenario just like High Pressure does not guarantee cloudless skies and wall to wall sunshine.. I can bare this set up, sunshine and showers the showers hit and miss.. The sun being very warm when out also. I would say coupled with the marvellous spring, up until now as been pretty decent. We could quite easily have found ourselves in a situation akin to last June considering all things. I think the next 7-10 day's look pretty respectable on the whole.. Let's see what UKMO ECM and GEM have to say shortly.. Enjoy your evenings folks. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!

ICON trends unsettled to start with but ends up here T180:

image.thumb.jpg.05341a01445ad273cff3932a453be190.jpg

very good for the SE, let's see if we can improve on this as the runs come out.

• Like 6

Posted

I'm hopeful we can keep Low Pressure to the NW come day 6, which I would assume would keep many areas to the SE reasonably warm and fine. 

That Low Pressure looks like its come to a stand still.. Its pretty much being boxed in.. So i would imagine where you become unsettled it could be with you for a while, the further South and East could be holding on to some decent conditions for a while. 

Some cracking conditions away from the NW come day 8.

UW144-21 (1).gif

UW144-7.gif

gfs-0-162.png

gfs-0-174.png

gfs-0-186.png

gfs-1-204 (1).png

Edited by MATT☀️
  • Like 4

Posted

524C341E-0B55-4699-8D6B-DA2C80765AE5.thumb.png.615ffd1c7fb2fe5e4deb253488570def.png

Looks as if that low is going to get a bit too close to prevent the sort of nice charts we were treated to last night. Looks more like a typical NW/SE pattern to me.

GFS treads a similar path through the weekend:

50CAC7B6-BE7F-4615-BA5B-63D22FE89B67.thumb.png.e54a77d997a4d35d114ab84d8e29001d.png

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, it looks a bit unsettled mid term, and UKMO has the low close to us T144.   Longer term it looks much better, as you can see here from GFS to T192:

anim_lhs9.gif

Edited by Mike Poole
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, if we are going to see something properly plumey, a low-pressure system out in the Atlantic is a good place to start...?

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

Anywho, low to mid twenties would be okay...:oldgood:

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, General Cluster said:

Well, if we are going to see something properly plumey, a low-pressure system out in the Atlantic is a good place to start...?

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

Anywho, low to mid twenties would be okay...:oldgood:

I new I had forgotten something Pete.. You're correct in that prognosis could we get in a favourable position to import more warmth.. I would say a good chance.. That Low Pressure is not in any hurry to go far.. The West to East mobility as gone out of the window for a long time now. 

• Like 2

Posted

GFS turns into a scorcher as the low just gets stuck and acts as a heat fan instead, with hot air from the south drawn up. Another one of the myriad of solutions we’ve been treated to!

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

I new I had forgotten something Pete.. You're correct in that prognosis could we get in a favourable position to import more warmth.. I would say a good chance.. That Low Pressure is not in any hurry to go far.. The West to East mobility as gone out of the window for a long time now. 

No northern blocking there either.

• Like 1

Posted

GEM T162:

image.thumb.jpg.7667a0c8697dadf27ec421ba95cf1fd9.jpg

Wowsers!  And with WAA from that low in the Atlantic (which incidentally looks a bit weird) this should go on to a heatwave... 

• Like 5