Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
5 hours ago, Sky Full said:

Swirling rain and wind is right!  Heavy rain and gusty winds here and there’s a squall line approaching which looks interesting….  After that I’m hoping it will calm down for the rest of the day with maybe some brightness later. 🤞

Think swirling rain pivoting overhead.  Hast stopped chucking it down since 9 ish this morning.  Even the dog Norman a bit dischuffed on our rainy walk.   I got that ‘so wet it soaked waterproofs and is running into wellies’ event, which was nice…..  now in dry clothes with coffee in front of logburner.  Pookie cat now dischuffed with rain as whichever door or window he peeks out of it’s pouring down.

• Like 1

Posted

Just popping in to say I’ll be supporting Wales naturally for the World Cup. As expected the fans and players have already won the battle of the anthem’s and fully expecting a battling performance in the group. Dewch  ymlaen Cymru 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Didn't seem to be much wind here today like I thought there would be.

There was certainly the rain though and we had a period around midday where we had a rain rate of over 5mm/hr before the main rain band cleared away leaving sunshine and showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
19 hours ago, wimblettben said:

There was certainly the rain

Likewise here - apart from a brief break mid-afternoon rain didn't really stop until mid evening. From start to finish totalling 38.5 mm at around 7 C. No wonder then that daylight revealed the first (?) snow cover at the top of Snowdon this morning, i would say above about 900 m ASL. Otherwise a beautiful sunny morning with extremely clear air and brilliant views towards Moelwyns/Rhinogs to the south and Anglesey/Holy island to the NW. Don't look forward to more wet and windy episodes over the next few days. Just hope that higher pressure will eventually quieten things down come December.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Had a gust of 32mph in the garden from the 6-7ft high weather station not long ago.

That means it must be gusting around at least 40mph now in better exposure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Thunder and lightning over western Pembrokeshire headed this way accompanied by heavy rain…….  A decent squall line formed and could be interesting.

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
7 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Thunder and lightning over eastern Pembrokeshire headed this way accompanied by heavy rain…….  A decent squall line formed and could be interesting.

So we have fun wind and surprise thunder around here in Wales already then!

Doing pretty well then so far considering there is suppose to be the higher thunder risk tonight once the cold fronts gone through bringing thundery showers.

I have not had any thunder here yet though but we did last night for a bit. Mostly around us and in the distance.

Am going to go and listen out for anything now.

Edited by wimblettben

Posted

I think I can hear the odd distant rumble at the moment listening out the kitchen window.

Posted

Thought I would try and capture the squall as it passed over here but I cant upload the time-lapse right now due to slow internet speed…😕   I’ll try to get it posted later if I can but the intensity of the rain was quite something for a few minutes.  There was also a couple of local lightning strikes and loud thunder but it’s all passed away to the east now.   This seems like pretty weird weather for late November and although rain is not surprising here, it is the current intensity and repetitive nature of the weather which is unusual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
12 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

Thought I would try and capture the squall as it passed over here but I cant upload the time-lapse right now due to slow internet speed…😕   I’ll try to get it posted later if I can but the intensity of the rain was quite something for a few minutes.  There was also a couple of local lightning strikes and loud thunder but it’s all passed away to the east now.   This seems like pretty weird weather for late November and although rain is not surprising here, it is the current intensity and repetitive nature of the weather which is unusual.

Oh cr*p. Due to walk two dogs in that.   Sigh…….

• Like 1

Posted

Had a bit more closer thunder here around when that very brief but intense squall came through.

One of the roads just below us in the village has a small area of flooding at the moment. 

Highest rainfall rate my weather station picked up was around 9mm/hr but I don't think its very accurate if the rain is too short lived.

• Like 1

Posted

Phew! One dog walked devant la deluge.  Think I’ll call time in dog Norman.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

More thunder today! Squall passed. Hail mixed in very strong winds too

Posted

Plenty of flashes in the night sky to the north east - looks like a storm over Llanwrtyd maybe?  What a funny old day.

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
22 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Slowly slowly cold air pushes east in 9 days.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Nature, Outdoors, Text

Unusual set up if this comes off USA Europe both going into the freezer this time next week.Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

Edited by keithlucky
Error
  • Like 3

Posted

November has been a strange month..

So many huge shower clouds about also very mild but not going to be a record breaker..

A snowless november...Next finally getting colder and dryer..from the east.

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

November has been a strange month..

So many huge shower clouds about also very mild but not going to be a record breaker..

A snowless november...Next finally getting colder and dryer..from the east.

Seems that lady luck is swinging our way.Highest snow extent in the Northern Hemisphere for 56 yrs .for us it boads well for December.

Posted
56 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Seems that lady luck is swinging our way.Highest snow extent in the Northern Hemisphere for 56 yrs .for us it boads well for December.

Yes I read about that somewhere,forgot where now..

Well I m back on the weather section been along time..

After all the mundane models we ve seen.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
4 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Yes I read about that somewhere,forgot where now..

Well I m back on the weather section been along time..

After all the mundane models we ve seen.

Always patience required slowly high pressure builds from the N East from Friday gradually draging colder air .

Posted

It’s amazing that there have been 176 new posts in the MOD thread since I looked at it this morning.  Anyone would think that it was due to snow everywhere in the UK tomorrow, but all the discussion relates to possible weather outcomes in 10 days or more.  If we DO get any snow in December the site will probably overheat, and if we get a white Christmas….well, it’ll be a meltdown!  🤣

Posted
16 minutes ago, Sky Full said:

It’s amazing that there have been 176 new posts in the MOD thread since I looked at it this morning.  Anyone would think that it was due to snow everywhere in the UK tomorrow, but all the discussion relates to possible weather outcomes in 10 days or more.  If we DO get any snow in December the site will probably overheat, and if we get a white Christmas….well, it’ll be a meltdown!  🤣

Love them they quoting 300hrs time frame lol. Foggy and DRY sounds good 

• Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Does look like Europe is going into the freezer as Scandinavian HP builds and moves west.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Painting, Art, Map

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yeah models look good at the moment but we all know that can change. Some really silly posts especially 300+ hours out. Id be happy with some drier days, hopefully some sunshine, frost and fog. It does look quite chilly next weekend with temperatures struggling at around 6-8C by day.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, keithlucky said:

Cold and dry with some fog - perfect for December!  So I’m looking forward to that easterly which usually brings drier, calmer weather for me.  I am fed up with these bands of intense rain followed by frequent hefty showers barrelling in off the Irish Sea!