Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 08 Feb 2021 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
1 hour ago, Rich_Clements said:

A week or so form now I am sure its going to be nicer looking outside although we are all most likely to be stcuk inside because of rona

image.png.16dd47362d6adf2f473dca04079c686c.png

Posted
1 hour ago, Rich_Clements said:

A week or so form now I am sure its going to be nicer looking outside although we are all most likely to be stcuk inside because of rona

Hahahha sooo true! So longs we keep away from it. Just our luck beast from the East comes and I have ruddy Rona!! I would be totally peed off!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter
16 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hahahha sooo true! So longs we keep away from it. Just our luck beast from the East comes and I have ruddy Rona!! I would be totally peed off!!

Oh my spelling in that post 

Yup it will be a repeat of 62-63 and we'll be stuck inside.

I am happy to bring Christmas cheer! 

You're welcome 

• Thanks 1

Posted

It's like this out there, just like yesterday and the day before and the day before that, and...

image.thumb.png.e2cd96387569ed179a15c0120f48057c.png

The only changes being the humidity has dropped, and there's a light breeze in from the ESE...

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, knocker said:

The Sc layer is back. A fair old inversion on the midnight sounding

2021121700.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.363dfd1c97e0a923d7164760ec7ce937.gif

Knocker, does this have anything to do with the cloud breaking every evening only to return to prevent cold nights then stay all day?

I have seen the moon every evening this week but only had a few breaks of blue sky in the daytime on Wednesday morning.

Posted
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Knocker, does this have anything to do with the cloud breaking every evening only to return to prevent cold nights then stay all day?

I have seen the moon every evening this week but only had a few breaks of blue sky in the daytime on Wednesday morning.

I will certainly explain why it returned last  nightand as you can see it is still here this morning. The formation/dissipation of Sc is a tad complicated, but this time of year with the ideal conditions, light winds, moisture in the boundary layer, it will tend to hang around

2021121712.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.0f3a8bebb167689ae385a396e8fed0a9.gif

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Stone me! The sun is out!

Temp 11.2°C.

I have just purchased a Davis soil moisture/temp transmitter with two probes. I'll be able to record the grass minimum temp and soil temp at 10cm now. Should be interesting when frosty conditions make a return, at some point..

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Found the sun! It’s sunny driving over Bodmin.. so lovely to see. About to stop at the Jamaica inn to get the weekend started

Posted

Beautiful day in Newquay 

05AF5961-D134-4BA6-A60C-BD4617B36C22.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, khodds said:

Beautiful day in Newquay 

Yay, Nookie!

Earlier cloud has shifted for an unexpected cracking afternoon here.

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted

A couple of hours sunshine today. It feels almost miraculous! Temp reached 9.8°C.

I've installed the new Davis temperature probes today:

418605670_Screenshot2021-12-18161333.thumb.png.e2f180f8cf581e81de895a91c0763438.png

It'd be nice to get some proper hard frosts to see how they react. The grass temp should be fun to monitor when an air frost is unlikely.

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

A couple of hours sunshine today. It feels almost miraculous! Temp reached 9.8°C.

I've installed the new Davis temperature probes today:

418605670_Screenshot2021-12-18161333.thumb.png.e2f180f8cf581e81de895a91c0763438.png

It'd be nice to get some proper hard frosts to see how they react. The grass temp should be fun to monitor when an air frost is unlikely.

I have a soil temperature probe and have bought (yet to add) ground temperature probe, not grass as we don't have any on the heath. I will get to it soon I hope..My current soil temp is 8.7c..

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

I have a soil temperature probe and have bought (yet to add) ground temperature probe, not grass as we don't have any on the heath. I will get to it soon I hope..My current soil temp is 8.7c..

I shall probably get 2 more and a soil moisture probe in the new year. It's overkill, but I want to add one to my Koi pond, and another at 5cm. Soil moisture is pretty good to have, as the soil here drains so fast in the Summer, I can keep an eye on it for watering the plants etc.

I'm tempted to get the UV sensor too. I've refrained from doing so all this time, as its only useful in the Summer. I just can't help but enjoy logging as much weather data as I can though.. I find it really interesting comparing data for the same day, but in different years.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 hours ago, khodds said:

Beautiful day in Newquay 

Looks great Kate....jammy devil

Dank in yeovil till about 3ish then brightened up surprisingly 

• Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, suxer said:

Looks great Kate....jammy devil

Dank in yeovil till about 3ish then brightened up surprisingly 

It’s been so stunning here! Taxi driver said it’s been like it all week apparently! 

Posted

A clear night sky, FINALLY! Allowing temperatures to fall, currently 4.3°C, about time we had some more sub 5°C nigh time temperatures, after all we are now almost in to the final third of December..

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

I shall probably get 2 more and a soil moisture probe in the new year. It's overkill, but I want to add one to my Koi pond, and another at 5cm. Soil moisture is pretty good to have, as the soil here drains so fast in the Summer, I can keep an eye on it for watering the plants etc.

I'm tempted to get the UV sensor too. I've refrained from doing so all this time, as its only useful in the Summer. I just can't help but enjoy logging as much weather data as I can though.. I find it really interesting comparing data for the same day, but in different years.

Just ordered a soil moisture probe, so some fitting to be done whilst I'm on holiday over Christmas I think..

• Like 1