Totally agree @Matt Hugo - ?

D3CCA2AF-98C5-4E1D-BD58-997E88245F2F.png

Posted
7 hours ago, tight isobar said:

Totally agree @Matt Hugo - ?

D3CCA2AF-98C5-4E1D-BD58-997E88245F2F.png

Met office forecast looks a bit more likely this morning in fairness

Posted

Gorgeous morning here!!current temp -4!!snow cover everywhere!icicles hanging of pipes!!you would think its mid january right now!it was such a privilege to have 2 snow event in the space of 24 hours and this early on in the season and winter aint even started!!im so grateful right now!!just to confirm this is the earliest snow fall since novemeber 2010!

IMG-20211129-WA0000.jpeg

IMG-20211129-WA0004.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Posted
8 hours ago, tight isobar said:

?‍♂️- it’s all back to below average-@temps by Wednesday- and the snow chances are a foot again also. A very brief milder 1/2 day blip!

Well i'm glad you enjoy being frozen to death. Walking around in vile slush. Keep an eye on your heating bills.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all,Charts wanting to bring the Atlantic back this morning with a more west to east flow.

Would be sensible to wait at least another 36 hrs to get a better idea on the 10 day outlook,

Scandinavian high pressure is not dead in the water and can still reinforce once again.

In the mean time snow on the ground in Oxford with sub zero temperatures not bad for

late November.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A very tame cold spell down here south of the M4, so not in the league of 2005 or 2010 by a long way (2016-2018 had colder weather in November), but a refreshing few days nonetheless after a largely mild and boring month.

All eyes on snowy sliders moving forward.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

No snow here (except for a few flurries last night), but a hard frost, deep blue skies, and little or no wind. Beautiful walking weather. Much better to be bitter on the outside than bitter on the inside. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

I think some are writing off the whole of December. We are still in November fgs.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
On 29/11/2021 at 15:26, Frost HoIIow said:

I think some are writing off the whole of December. We are still in November fgs.

There not tho 

The nhp isn't supporting any major blocking. That said it could change but you can only dechiper the models as they run

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
Just now, swfc said:

There not tho 

The nhp isn't supporting any major blocking. That said it could change but you can only dechiper the models as they run

And that's my point. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
On 29/11/2021 at 15:29, Frost HoIIow said:

And that's my point. 

Well if they are then there wrong. The output jumped this morning and can switch

• Like 1

Posted

Been watching the weather pattern since September when I read somewhere that Sep 21 was very similar to Sep 62.

Looked up October and November 62 to see if they matched too, and broadly speaking they have. Really warm and wet October, November starting with frosts via freezing fog to an end of month snowfall.

Another post-Christmas snow and ice fest?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

Before my time, but from what I have read I would say that this autumn has been fairly similar to 1978... particularly the November. 

Autumn 78 and 21 were both largely benign, with the odd short interlude here and there. But that all changed around the last week of November with quite a transition to more unsettled and wintry conditions.

What awful charts. Cool and very wet all the way through December. January looks like it'll continual the theme. Yuck, but that's UK winter. Another snowless year for most?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
15 minutes ago, DCee said:

What awful charts. Cool and very wet all the way through December. January looks like it'll continual the theme. Yuck, but that's UK winter. Another snowless year for most?

Most years are snowless here so used to it. Last time I saw lying snow was Feb 2019 and that was only around an inch. Haven't even had any Atlantic storms, there is no excitement!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Getting that deja vu feeling about the charts (going by the latest ECM run) where I live similar to last Winter other than the real cold spell of February and that looks like low pressure on a more southerly track or a NW/SE jet stream developing with occasionally slow moving systems which equates to fairly cold if you live in the south and wet! but might be different the further north you are, just hope I'm wrong!

Posted

Hopefully I'm proven wrong but can't help but get the sinking feeling that the models are all going to revert to the default pattern sooner rather later which will give the mildies plenty of room to be smug in the MOD thread for possibly weeks on end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
52 minutes ago, Anon90 said:

Hopefully I'm proven wrong but can't help but get the sinking feeling that the models are all going to revert to the default pattern sooner rather later which will give the mildies plenty of room to be smug in the MOD thread for possibly weeks on end.

Who are these mildies you speak off? certainly never see any in the cold/snow chasing thread..sorry MOD thread

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings
25 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Goodmorning 

Countdown 1 dec 2021 :WINTER SEASON 

Photo is from area where i live 

DSC_0102.JPG

Beautiful.

Just think of the heating bills though. And how is one supposed to play golf? :snowman-emoji: