Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
On 23/11/2021 at 17:57, Eagle Eye said:

TN Nowhere knowing our luck

im here...a statical reminder that Tonbridge  does  exist..we know  a song like that.(1 in 10  ub40 ) probably our odds too for snow men 

• Like 1

Posted
On 25/11/2021 at 22:04, TN9 said:

TN Nowhere knowing our luck

silly user name i know ..but people was up in arms at the time about not knowing about who was getting what ..where. or where they was getting it . But its  a relatively  small area ..compared to other tn areas ,i don't live there neither any more ..but not far enough to change it :-}

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Overcast with sunny spells today.  Max temp of 8c at 13:18 after an overnight low of 1.3c.  Currently 3.1c, a tad higher than earlier in the evening.   Humidity at 81% Wind mainly from NW managing to drag gusts into double figures between mid morning and mid afternoon.  Veering WSW from 20:30 and falling light, circa 2mph.  Pressure 1012.6hPa falling rapidly.  No rain has fallen in the last 24 hours, again. Ha, that'll change tomorrow and Saturday...

Posted
On 25/11/2021 at 22:32, Soaring Hawk said:

Overcast with sunny spells today.  Max temp of 8c at 13:18 after an overnight low of 1.3c.  Currently 3.1c, a tad higher than earlier in the evening.   Humidity at 81% Wind mainly from NW managing to drag gusts into double figures between mid morning and mid afternoon.  Veering WSW from 20:30 and falling light, circa 2mph.  Pressure 1012.6hPa falling rapidly.  No rain has fallen in the last 24 hours, again. Ha, that'll change tomorrow and Saturday...

so SH...so good readings ..the way you say ..no rain though,is like you  looking  at forecasts ,models etc ..it will change sat sun and for your locale?.no wintriness ? just rain?

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Confused why we are not in the wind warning, ok at first it will be to our west, but the low moves east into Holland, so surely we'll be in the wind at some point for a bit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

1c on the dog walk this morning and chuffing cold rain, fabulous  

It was not too bad when I left the house at 4am but feels much colder now. 

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 03:26, Seasonal Trim said:

Anything happening in our neck of the woods tomorrow?

Seems like all the fun and games, wind and snow, miss out on the far south east.

Cold wind and rain. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Seasonal Trim said:

Anything happening in our neck of the woods tomorrow?

Seems like all the fun and games, wind and snow, miss out on the far south east.

Looks to be hit and miss for parts of the SE 

Posted

Meanwhile in Santa's Village

• Like 1

Posted
On 25/11/2021 at 23:45, alexisj9 said:

Confused why we are not in the wind warning, ok at first it will be to our west, but the low moves east into Holland, so surely we'll be in the wind at some point for a bit.

Thats what I thought ..but maybe not in the threshold of their criteria. Either way it will feel pretty raw,especially down your way 

• Like 1

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 08:05, Sparky68 said:

I reckon as low slips south east of us and winds become increasingly north easterly at the right time ,right place,the right height we might see some snow ,upper air temp might not overlap precipitation, you know the  ,normal putting pieces in puzzle before someone knocks it off table

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, TN9 said:

I reckon as low slips south east of us and winds become increasingly north easterly at the right time ,right place,the right height we might see some snow ,upper air temp might not overlap precipitation, you know the  ,normal putting pieces in puzzle before someone knocks it off table

1st lampost watch of the season then

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

hmm, looking forward to this weekends cold, windy, rainy and at a push sleety fest. Not sure I prefer this to the benign cold weather we have had so far this week.. Met office overnight temp prediction of 1 degree more accurate than  the BBC’s -1degeee with a low of 1.3 here! Enjoyed the sunshine yesterday back to slate grey skies this morning.

Posted

Interesting that we had a similar (ish) set up with a cold low moving through last Nov and it gave me in Ely (and others in Cambs) a surprise snowfall (caught everyone even the forecasters by surprise) - very similar to what they are saying at present about snow only on hills etc etc, but we are at sea level  

I think the vigorous nature of the low ie the winds may be a negative impact on snowfall perhaps but I still wouldn't be surprised if any in this region did catch a surprise snowfall tonight and into tomorrow, you cannot rule it out, and the forecasters aren't completely ruling it out either. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Sparky68 said:

Dp’s look marginal at best when the notable precip is around - however, if that intensity does increase then the freezing level will come down with it. Some areas of the se will get a surprise 

8 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Not looking forward to the 8am meet to put the goals up tomorrow morning...................

Quite ……

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looks like the usual areas in nw Kent May get a temporary covering(biggin hill knockholt Halsted etc).For the rest of us looks like sleet and rain.Elevation will be key in next 24 hours as per normal.Good luck to all the region and those lucky enough to see snow send in the pics❄️⛄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Good luck all, I hope some of us get lucky, make sure you share photos to make the rest of us jealous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
10 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Dp’s look marginal at best when the notable precip is around - however, if that intensity does increase then the freezing level will come down with it. Some areas of the se will get a surprise 

Quite ……

Yeah, I'm surprised that we're not forecast for more...the Netweather forecast for my area shows only rain now, but I really do think we'll at least see falling flakes (if you're awake in the early hours!)

Kids' football is gonna be brutal tomorrow either way!

Posted
16 minutes ago, Dj fart said:

Yeah, I'm surprised that we're not forecast for more...the Netweather forecast for my area shows only rain now, but I really do think we'll at least see falling flakes (if you're awake in the early hours!)

Kids' football is gonna be brutal tomorrow either way!

Dp’s even less workable on the gfs 06z 

this will inevitably become a nowcasting event - expect nothing and if you get lucky - what a lovely surprise !