Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
1 hour ago, chris pawsey said:

Very interesting weather coming up for us fellow midlanders! Friday looks, let's say active! Looking forward to the model roller coaster but in any case... Be prepared and stay safe 

Exactly!  Twenty miles south of you will it be rain or Snurr? Fingers crossed that 600 feet asl (our house is literally sat on the 600’ contour) will be the difference if ICON is to be believed.

Still, only 65 hours out, another 12 hours should bring it into the ‘likely’ scenario…

Posted

Well looks like the North and Scotland gets all the snow while we just get rain and the risk to life. Cherry on top of this disgrace of a winter.

Posted

Got my eye on a swathe of particularly strong north west winds on the backside of Friday’s system. A few of the models have 80mph+ winds right across the North Midlands from that on Friday afternoon after the initial swathe of more widespread strong winds crosses the country. That could be particularly troublesome here.

I might be wrong but, that might be where the risk of a sting jet would be.

Edited by MattStoke

Posted

Cant help but bemoan my luck when just last week i was in the north of scotland, now im back in the midlands and all we have is naff strong winds but no snow! Whilst it looks like inland areas with elevation will do very well out of this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms☃⛈

16 February 2022 Time-Lapse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Highest gust today 2EC55302-BAF8-4B64-9143-6CAFE8827665.thumb.jpeg.d8b79466a6a3246e8fd0135194687817.jpeg

that’s pretty high this this part of the world

Posted
Just now, phil b said:

Highest gust today 2EC55302-BAF8-4B64-9143-6CAFE8827665.thumb.jpeg.d8b79466a6a3246e8fd0135194687817.jpeg

that’s pretty high this this part of the world

Wow! That’s very high indeed, didn’t realise we were seeing gusts of that magnitude in the west mids. Was pretty breezy though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Here in Bewdley, as expected Storm Dudley hasn't done anything out of the ordinary. (Will we one day get a Storm Bewdley that hits Dudley? ) It's pretty blustery out there, maybe gusts in the low 40s going on the sound outside my window, but no damage that I can see beyond a couple of empty flower planters blowing over. Eunice on Friday, now... that could be a very different matter. Can't say I'm too keen on this one, despite being a weather enthusiast, and I'll be happy to get to the weekend.

Posted

Interesting here.  The glass is climbing to changeable and wind from the nor’ west.

Suggest Eunice may be following a more southerly track.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Afternoon all. Eunice has brought me back here, a bit worried about how we'll get on as we're at 280 m ASL, and west-facing. Could get a bit hairy. Have spent an hour clearing up loose flower pots and making sure everything's secure as I can make it. Too many big trees around so fingers crossed. Hoping the power stays on but have got various power supplies and battery lights around the house just in case. 

To use that most overused phrase of 2020-21 - stay safe everyone!

Edited by Barbmac

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I'm sure I just heard thunder?

Posted
9 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

We've had a couple of very lively showers pass through PM, so I suppose with your height it's quite possible. Just checked lightning maps and seems you did. A few strikes around your area. Unusual for February. 

We certainly live in strange meteorological times!

• Like 1

Posted

That low crossing the country on Saturday looks interesting. Light winds to the north could allow enough evaporative cooling for rain to turn to snow. The GFS and UKMO both show exactly that across the North Midlands.

Posted
7 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

That low crossing the country on Saturday looks interesting. Light winds to the north could allow enough evaporative cooling for rain to turn to snow. The GFS and UKMO both show exactly that across the North Midlands.

Yeah they picked up on that on the North West thread mate. As regards tomoz are we still looking at around 85mph gusts around here or has it moved slightly Southwards. I've quickly looked on the Eunice Thread but haven't got the time read through all the Southern based stuff. Lol

Posted

Just come off the Eunice Thread. A big flap on, you’d think it was Armageddon.

Glass still on 985, wind rairly moderate at moment.  Thinking it’ll be like the Fastnet Race tragedy in 1980 or whenever.  Expecting 65mph with sleet on the tail end here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ,Frost
3 hours ago, Polar Maritime said:

Me too at Bakewell wasn't expecting it.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, MattStoke said:

UKV model too.

1725F7BC-7C9E-4268-BD67-8AB7316C5561.jpeg

Posted

5.2•C here at the moment, deathly still and the gauge has barely moved.

Looking at the radar, cloud seems to be moving north east, at this rate it will be North Midlands up into Lancashire.

Strange.

Posted
5 hours ago, Andypvfc said:

Yeah they picked up on that on the North West thread mate. As regards tomoz are we still looking at around 85mph gusts around here or has it moved slightly Southwards. I've quickly looked on the Eunice Thread but haven't got the time read through all the Southern based stuff. Lol

I don’t think it’s looking as bad for us as the models were projecting 24 hours ago, but bad enough.

• Like 1