Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

Posted

Hmm, awful lot of convection going on, and I see a shower has popped up to the South West of us towards Market Drayton.

Posted

Shower s dying out mid level but passed just south of here..

Temp which more accurate at 29.9c with sun in cloud...

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Peak District National Park have closed all Access land as there is now an exceptional fire risk not seen for years.

• Like 1

Posted

33c here now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

32.2c here according to  the  Davis on the roof mast. That breaks  the old record for the Davis by 0.1c.

Posted

Convection has disappeared now. 36c here. About 3 degrees higher than the previous record, but there are no official stations in the city. Closet is Thorncliffe near Leek, but that's 1,000ft up in the moorlands and usually 2-3c lower than here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Due to convention I had a brief shower at 3:10pm now that’s all gone here’s my temps;

36c outdoors 🥵 24.9c indoors 😅

F0AC9DDF-4A9E-465D-9383-9F9F18030979.thumb.jpeg.d23d01336cfe9348204cbd42c0647f83.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

At 14:30 a sudden downpour of heavy spots which lasted 2 mins.

Evaporated immediately.

Temp dropped by 2degrees C in that time! even though the sun was never hidden.

Its moved away now (15:30) and the temp has rebounded back up to 36.2C in the shade,but my Davis (8 feet of the ground) which is in full sun (and with no wind) reads 38.3C, I do not have a fan fitted, so little or no outside cooling today to give a correct temperature.

Looks like a new record for me, but the 40 degrees is well out of reach, except in my conservatory,  which reads 47.6C with the wind blowing through.

In the house still around 25 -26C, so it looks as though the MO advice was good.

Beginning to look more and more like the old saying '2 fine days and a thunderstorm'.🙄🙃😜

MIA

Edited by Midlands Ice Age
  • Like 2

Posted
7 minutes ago, Dancerwithwings said:

Due to convention I had a brief shower at 3:10pm now that’s all gone here’s my temps;

36c outdoors 🥵 24.9c indoors 😅

F0AC9DDF-4A9E-465D-9383-9F9F18030979.thumb.jpeg.d23d01336cfe9348204cbd42c0647f83.jpeg

Nice one DWW...

Ties in exactly with my temps for around here, very high - but no blockbuster.  (see above)

Lets us see if we can geta sudden spurt in the next 1.5hrs.

It is possible after that shower burst through and lowered the temps so quickly.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather events.

Extremely warm now in Wolverhampton, even under shade it feels uncomfortable. Have noticed some showers dotted around the Midlands on rain radar. I wonder if any precipitation is reaching the ground or gobbled up by evaporation from the extreme heat... 

Screenshot_20220718_155339_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

Edited by Deeptricky74
Spelling
  • Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Deeptricky74 said:

Extremely warm now in Wolverhampton, even under shade it feels uncomfortable. Have noticed some showers dotted around the Midlands on rain radar. I wonder if any precipitation is reaching the ground or gobbled up by evaporation from the extreme heat... 

Screenshot_20220718_155339_tv.netweather.netweatherradar.jpg

it's evaporating before hitting the ground, we just had one pass over here, the dew points and humidity are really low so they don't stand much chance

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Nice one DWW...

Ties in exactly with my temps for around here, very high - but no blockbuster.  (see above)

Lets us see if we can geta sudden spurt in the next 1.5hrs.

It is possible after that shower burst through and lowered the temps so quickly.

MIA

MIA....talking of a sudden spurt, in 30mins I’ve shot up by 2c 

D6ED7E4F-D89D-433D-BE73-B1F20DAC7FAC.thumb.jpeg.d781d9b89bab3a591f0c658d32ff4af5.jpeg

then I seen this update on the BBC 

4F0B1AFB-17B7-4B99-839E-28DB4C20187A.thumb.jpeg.23c385eca6ad56a10b28d520326c9d5f.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Dancerwithwings said:

MIA....talking of a sudden spurt, in 30mins I’ve shot up by 2c 

D6ED7E4F-D89D-433D-BE73-B1F20DAC7FAC.thumb.jpeg.d781d9b89bab3a591f0c658d32ff4af5.jpeg

then I seen this update on the BBC 

4F0B1AFB-17B7-4B99-839E-28DB4C20187A.thumb.jpeg.23c385eca6ad56a10b28d520326c9d5f.jpeg

Yep...

Thought it could happen..

It means my (and yours?) max could have been better without the sudden convection, but it is still pretty good.

For further info my Davis went back up to 40.4C max at 16.20 (just after last posting) then fell back to 38.8C after a  sudden blast of wind.... and since then it rose again (very still and quiet again now) and within the last 5mins has hit 40.1C again.(17.20). 40.2C at 17:30)

So what to report?

My thermometer in the shade got to 38.1C. Still a record for here and just about 100F. (in old money terms) and  thats still hot.

Tomorrow is my canal boat day so I will not be checking my data on line,but I will watch yours closely.

MIA

• Thanks 2

Posted

I maxed out at 38.3c and now at 18:00 (37.1c)  I’ve checked the MO wow observations and most in general are spot on to mine

WWW.WOW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

The UK Met Office Weather Observation Website (WOW). WOW allows anyone to submit their own weather data, anywhere in the world.

Edit, mine station is 10 feet from the ground and away from my house as bricks and concrete can affect readings.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Status...19:00h...outdoor 35.3c, indoor 25.9c,

Outdoor humidity 26%;...Indoor humidity 62% 🥴

• Like 3

Posted

32c here now and dropping, 24c in living room, I've opened East facing curtains but no windows until/if temp droops below inside temp. Dreading tomo but it will be an experience..

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Polar Maritime said:

32c here now and dropping, 24c in living room, I've opened East facing curtains but no windows until/if temp droops below inside temp. Dreading tomo but it will be an experience..

Same here, I’ve kept my curtains, windows and French doors leading into my garden all shut, but the humidity is far lower outside than indoors 🥴

I’ll give it an hour and all will be opened...methinks 🥴

20.00h....outdoor 33.1c, indoor 26c